HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2: Cuts are coming edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
One year with Joel Bouchard and we see Jake Evans (7th round pick) and Cale Fleury close to/if not making the roster. Compared to a thousand years with Lefebvre and none of those players having a hope in hell.
Bergevin has made many mistakes, none however eclipse the hiring of a totally unqualified coaching staff to develop players in the AHL.

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
It is a metaphor. A metaphor. A way in our language to clarify an idea with a big picture. Usually visual because most people can understand it then. I’m exhausted. Love you guys and gals.
The idiom is actually " Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn " isn't it ?

Reactions: Rapala

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One year with Joel Bouchard and we see Jake Evans (7th round pick) and Cale Fleury close to/if not making the roster. Compared to a thousand years with Lefebvre and none of those players having a hope in hell.

I hated Lefebvre so much...but that' s not fair if your point is close if not make the roster. 'Cause if so, Andrighetto, Beaulieu, Bournival, Leblanc, Tinordi, Pateryn, Carr, Dietz, McCarron, Scherbak, Barberio, DLR, all those guys fit the bill of "making it" or close to. Then, yep, the close to became not so close to....but everybody here was at one point close as a lot of people had those guys in their starting lineup at one point or another.

And that's me talking. A Lefebvre hater, and a big time Bouchard lover. A Bouchard that I said should have been hired 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 417

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
I hated Lefebvre so much...but that' s not fair if your point is close if not make the roster. 'Cause if so, Andrighetto, Beaulieu, Bournival, Leblanc, Tinordi, Pateryn, Carr, Dietz, McCarron, Scherbak, Barberio, DLR, all those guys fit the bill of "making it" or close to. Then, yep, the close to became not so close to....but everybody here was at one point close as a lot of people had those guys in their starting lineup at one point or another.

And that's me talking. A Lefebvre hater, and a big time Bouchard lover. A Boucher that I said should have been hired 3 years ago.

Why would you have wanted Boucher 3 years ago ??

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Noah Juulsen just jumped on the ice in Laval.

If Juulsen can make it back that definitely helps with our RHD depth. Laval is a good place for him right now. He's missed so much time. If anyone can get him going it's Bouchard. He did wonders for Mete and Fleury.

Reactions: dralaf

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Juulsen can make it back that definitely helps with our RHD depth. Laval is a good place for him right now. He's missed so much time. If anyone can get him going it's Bouchard. He did wonders for Mete and Fleury.

I'm as bullish about Bouchard as anyone in here but am very skeptical about how much he could have done for Mete when Mete spent all but 7 games in Laval. I'm definitely buying how Bouchard was instrumental in Fleury's development, given how Fleury played 60 games under Bouchard.

But 7 games for Mete? Bouchard is no miracle worker. No one can turn your season around in 7 games, it doesn't look credible to me. Could have just been a wake up call for Mete, a change of scenery that got him to learn very quickly that he'd have to be at his very best at all times or risk spending time in the AHL, or whatever other trigger that we haven't made privy to. I will respectfully disagree though that Bouchard in only 7 games, can produce this type of highly impactful long term turnaround reform.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm as bullish about Bouchard as anyone in here but am very skeptical about how much he could have done for Mete when Mete spent all but 7 games in Laval. I'm definitely buying how Bouchard was instrumental in Fleury's development, given how Fleury played 60 games under Bouchard.

But 7 games for Mete? Bouchard is no miracle worker. No one can turn your season around in 7 games, it doesn't look credible to me. Could have just been a wake up call for Mete, a change of scenery that got him to learn very quickly that he'd have to be at his very best at all times or risk spending time in the AHL, or whatever other trigger that we haven't made privy to. I will respectfully disagree though that Bouchard in only 7 games, can produce this type of highly impactful long term turnaround reform.

And if Bouchard made Mete, Lefebvre constructed Gallagher.....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And if Bouchard made Mete, Lefebvre constructed Gallagher.....

A full 36 games for Gallagher with the Hamilton Bulldogs in 2012-13.

Imagine how much more could have been accomplished if it were 7 games instead. :sarcasm:

#Powerof7

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Bouchard reformed Mete in only 7 games, then they ought to have one of these in the Habs's training facilities at the BC:

tqD0qc3.gif

Reactions: Fenris

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

I agree with this. If there was any impact from Bouchard on Mete, it must have been mostly psychological.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad