HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2: Cuts are coming edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
So the Habs finished the pre season tied for 1st with 10 points.
Imagine had this useless portion of the schedule been 0 points ? Splash, can you hear the bridge jumpers ?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fleury looked like he's ready for the big show but the numbers are getting in the way. He may go down until they trade Reilly or Folin.

Poehling looked good and if they decide KK needs time in the AHL, he stays with the team. Otherwise, I think they'll send him down for a few weeks.

They'll take it day by day, week by week with Kk, Poehling and Suzuki.

If either of them struggling, they'll send them down.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I only really saw last night and only the first 2 periods but I thought Mete looked really good. Confident with the puck. Weight hasn't seemed to slow him down. I thought he looked like our best D man last night. Him and Fleury. Very impressed with Fleury so far.

But yeah one year we have to learn our lessons about preseason. Rielly looked like a stud last year. Still Fleury looks ahead of schedule and with possibly more upside than initially thought. Lindgren might be right!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You say 7 seven games. I doubt very much Bouchard said a lot to him in those seven games. It's the practices that count. Mete was there almost three weeks. A little different than 7 games. Three weeks worth of practice makes a difference especially when the player is not a disaster.

One thing I noticed and many commentators pointed it out was that Mete was using his stick more often and more effectively. I think it was Ferraro or some other TSN personality who said Mete was sent down to perfect his stick work.

So it's not like Bouchard took a player who was a total failure. He had three weeks to work on Mete's stick skills, seeing as he is a tiny defenceman and couldn't use his body.

Seven games. It’s a bleep on the radar screen. You can’t have a significant enough impact on someone in 7 games. Try the other 71 games he played in his NHL season and the D coach he had for those.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I only really saw last night and only the first 2 periods but I thought Mete looked really good. Confident with the puck. Weight hasn't seemed to slow him down. I thought he looked like our best D man last night. Him and Fleury. Very impressed with Fleury so far.

But yeah one year we have to learn our lessons about preseason. Rielly looked like a stud last year. Still Fleury looks ahead of schedule and with possibly more upside than initially thought. Lindgren might be right!
I thought Mete looks the same as last year...his inability to create and produce offensively is an issue. Let's see if he can break out but I'm not holding my breath over it.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Reilly was never really that great to begin with. When Bozovin decided to let go Beaulieu, Markov and Emelin to replace them by Schlemko, Alzner and Morrow, you realized he was a clueless GM. Reilly was obtained for a pick because those new guys were awful. Likely, he will be just depth this year. Management must be delighted that Brook and Fleury have shown great things. If they gave a chance to Mete, they should definitely keep Fleury. No need to go after an LD on waivers.

Mete Weber
Chiarot Petry
Kulak Fleury
Reilly Folin

This looks like an improved defense actually.
Improved, yes, slightly. Still one of the worst D corps ( specifically # 2-7)in the league.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I thought Mete looks the same as last year...his inability to create and produce offensively is an issue. Let's see if he can break out but I'm not holding my breath over it.
Mete. I put him for one goal this year. It will be 100% improvement from last 2. He WILL break the Acott Gomez curse.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Jul 6, 2016
With Hudon and Lindgren on waivers, Habs still have 14 forwards and 8 d-men at the camp. I guess they gonna send down Poehling to Laval and go with 13 forwards and 8 d-men to start the season.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Ciao bye hudon. Played your last game in a habs jersey! You had ample opportunities but couldn’t make it work

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

the offense might not come in any hugely significant way but I think he'll likely produce more than he has. I still think he's solid defensively and a good puck mover. Thought he made some good passes last night but nothing incredible.

Jul 6, 2016
It will be Fleury.

Fleury is more needed than Poehling right now. Fleury earned his bottom pairing spot big time. And they won't keep Poehling to play him on a 4th line for the time being. Cousins, Thompson, Byron or Armia are enough.

IF Juulsen would had been healthy, Fleury would had been returned to Laval.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
I predict one of Folin or Reilly is traded. That’s why they haven’t been waived.

They gonna keep Folin. a RHD. Not too many are ready at AHL level. Not Brook for sure and Juulsen is a huge question mark because of his health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad