HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2: Cuts are coming edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm not a big proponent of reading too much into preseason play...

But while everyone in the media is crapping on Drouin and Kotkaniemi's training camp.

Max Domi has been atrocious...yet not a peep about him.

Either way...i'm most thankful for no major injuries at camp (knock on wood), but enough with the pretend season, time for some real hockey.

I expect they'll send down Poehling...which is unfortunate because to me, he seems more useful then Nick Cousins...

And on D...The Habs should feel comfortable with exposing Folin to waivers.

The thing with Domi is last year we didn't even get to see him...
Yet he came out of the gates like a wagon on fire. So he does get a free pass. Drouin just had to do something positive even if it was just for his own good. KK is definitely laboring my guess is rehabbing the knee more than the weight he put on.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I predict one of Folin or Reilly is traded. That’s why they haven’t been waived.

I don't think Folin is an option here, we need someone who can replace Fleury if it doesn't work for him.

I think Poehling will be send to Laval or they will trade Reilly. Maybe they are shopping Drouin?

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Man with the ice time KK got yesterday I'm starting to wonder if Laval is a real possibility. Wouldn't mind it if he gets to play 20 mins a night down there.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Man with the ice time KK got yesterday I'm starting to wonder if Laval is a real possibility. Wouldn't mind it if he gets to play 20 mins a night down there.

Definitely. Especially with Suzuki and Poehling ready to contribute as the 3c.

Ultimately everything is day to day and will be determined based on how people play.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I predict one of Folin or Reilly is traded. That’s why they haven’t been waived.

Based on the comments yesterday by Marc Denis, I suspect that this is the scenario that will play out.

If they can't announce a trade at this time, then one of Poehling/Fleury gets sent down temporarily, the time it takes to move one of Folin or Reilly.

Reactions: Redux91

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Based on the comments yesterday by Marc Denis, I suspect that this is the scenario that will play out.

If they can't announce a trade at this time, then one of Poehling/Fleury gets sent down temporarily, the time it takes to move one of Folin or Reilly.

Bergevin likes to go with 8 D, which makes me think Poehling is going down. To start the year, I would be okay with that. Reilly/Folin stay for now

Audition Fleury and Suzuki for a couple of weeks, see how it plays out

Reactions: Vachon23

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think Phoeling will have more to learn playing big minutes in the AHL. Also with his recent concussion maybe he can use some AHL time to get his game back.

He didn't really impress as much this camp. Ya he had that nice move in Bathurst, but he also took some bad penalties last night. I don't see him knocking out Domi/Danault/KK so I don't see the advantage of him playing on the 4th line or sitting in the press box.

It was between him and Nick and Nick out played him.

In the end though more rookies the more fun it is to watch the team even if they aren't good. Last year we had KK to follow and this year we have Nick so far, and maybe Phoenling and Fleury.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The thing with Domi is last year we didn't even get to see him...
Yet he came out of the gates like a wagon on fire. So he does get a free pass. Drouin just had to do something positive even if it was just for his own good. KK is definitely laboring my guess is rehabbing the knee more than the weight he put on.
Drouin didn't have a great camp last year either...he still had a strong start to the season last year.

Preseason don't mean ****!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Drouin didn't have a great camp last year either...he still had a strong start to the season last year.

Preseason don't mean ****!
Apparently it never does in your estimation that's one false broad statement right there mate.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Don’t diss janitors. Lucky we have people that clean up our mess.
Who's dissing janitors? i just simply picked a profession that, in general would be occupied by people who have a low probability of having high level coaching experience. I could have easily said a brain surgeon or nuclear physicist or assembly line worker. Mind you, would Lefebvre even make a good janitor?

Reactions: dinodebino

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Personally hope Poehling, KK get sent down to get top minutes and time to work on the areas that need work. Heck, if there is a reasonable reason to send down Suzuki I wouldn't be against that as well, though I'm not sure what else he can learn/work-on in the AHL. I have more faith in the coaches in the minors than what's up here in the NHL when it comes to our prospects. If possible, send Drouin as well but that's just asking a bit too much. As for the Habs this year...well, they sure aren't contenders or even near one so...who cares? At least not this year anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce