HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2: Cuts are coming edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'd personally take either KK or suzuki over Danault today on offensive merit alone not to mention they are both solid defensively so Danault should be traded at the deadline imo considering he will be number 4 on the depth chart maybe even number 5 as early as next year
I don't have a problem with trading Danault at the deadline IF AND ONLY IF Suzuki or Poehling can fill his shoes immediately - not in the future.

Reactions: habsfan891

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
Poheling out with a concession. Feel terrible for him. He was looking great, was very excited to see what he can do.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't have a problem with trading Danault at the deadline IF AND ONLY IF Suzuki or Poehling can fill his shoes immediately - not in the future.
I would not trade Danault at all. He can play multiple roles and if he is your 3rd or 4th line center it means you are a cup contender.

Reactions: dralaf and Out East

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
@Lafleurs Guy I would take suzuki over Danault on 3rd line this year because you could trade Danault for max value and i dont expect to make the playoffs so its a good time for suzuki to have his first year growing pains and all

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
We are cursed. :laugh:

Ikonen march 2020, McCarron 6 weeks, Poehling at least a couple weeks, Olofsson probably done again...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
@Lafleurs Guy I would take suzuki over Danault on 3rd line this year because you could trade Danault for max value and i dont expect to make the playoffs so its a good time for suzuki to have his first year growing pains and all
I see where you're coming from. Personally, I'd rather start adding to the team now. If we had a legit top pairing LD I think we make the playoffs. Add in another and we could actually do some damage.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I see where you're coming from. Personally, I'd rather start adding to the team now. If we had a legit top pairing LD I think we make the playoffs. Add in another and we could actually do some damage.
Your not wrong but i dont see how we do that without significantly taking away from out current lineup which we need to make the playoffs

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It was clean, just unfortunate his head hit the glass

Are you serious right now? That's the type of hit you HAVE to end. Poehling couldn't see the player. And was beside the glass. What do you think will happen? How fortunate could he have been? Be able to watch guys behind his net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad