GDT: 2019 Grey Cup CHAMPIONS - WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Collaros signing gets a thumbs up from me.

I’m not a Nichols fan at all, and remember how his play was less than stellar, though the Bombers won almost in spite of his play. One Banjo Bowl performance from a couple of years ago will be my lasting memory of Nichols. Can not win with him as your starter.

Once the Bombers traded for Collaros, the team dynamic changed and they had a legitimate chance of winning each game he played. And did.

Good signing.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Apparently Streveler has NFL offers on the table and is deciding between them. So he wont be back until September at the earliest. Bombers apparently believe that Streveler will make an NFL roster.

I absolutely hate mobile internetting and cant copy and paste but Jeff Hamilton just tweeted that.

Basically theres 1 team left without a QB (TOR) assuming Arbuckle signs in Ottawa. And two QBs. Whichever one TOR doesnt sign Wpg needs to be in on as their backup.

It might still be Collaros-Nichols.

Reactions: jetsforever

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Apparently Streveler has NFL offers on the table and is deciding between them. So he wont be back until September at the earliest. Bombers apparently believe that Streveler will make an NFL roster.

I absolutely hate mobile internetting and cant copy and paste but Jeff Hamilton just tweeted that.

Basically theres 1 team left without a QB (TOR) assuming Arbuckle signs in Ottawa. And two QBs. Whichever one TOR doesnt sign Wpg needs to be in on as their backup.

It might still be Collaros-Nichols.
If that is the case, it’s definitely Nichols. There is no team in the CFL who would have Nichols as a starter.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If that is the case, it’s definitely Nichols. There is no team in the CFL who would have Nichols as a starter.

Toronto very much might. If its Thompson or Nichols that's a toss up at best. Thompsons number were mostly a mirage since he raked in yards and TDs after his team was down 25pts in the first half. Nichols get alot of hate, but hes easily still a top 8-12 QB in the CFL, which puts him right at the edge of starting particularly when two of the best are locked up in Hamilton.

Right now theres 2 starting gigs open. Ottawa and Toronto. Assuming Arbuckle does sign in Ottawa, that's 1 team, two QBs.

Another option a friend just suggested to me was James Franklin. He might s consideration for Bombers backup. Bombers need a great backup, Collaros will spend plenty of time on IR.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Toronto very much might. If its Thompson or Nichols that's a toss up at best. Thompsons number were mostly a mirage since he raked in yards and TDs after his team was down 25pts in the first half. Nichols get alot of hate, but hes easily still a top 8-12 QB in the CFL, which puts him right at the edge of starting particularly when two of the best are locked up in Hamilton.

Right now theres 2 starting gigs open. Ottawa and Toronto. Assuming Arbuckle does sign in Ottawa, that's 1 team, two QBs.

Another option a friend just suggested to me was James Franklin. He might s consideration for Bombers backup. Bombers need a great backup, Collaros will spend plenty of time on IR.
Or maybe Collaros goes injury free all season and lights it up . Nichols is injury prone too , i'd way rather take my chances with Collaros than Nichols , Collaros has more talent and can throw the ball deep accurately and can actually scramble a bit .

Reactions: Mbraunm

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Or maybe Collaros goes injury free all season and lights it up . Nichols is injury prone too , i'd way rather take my chances with Collaros than Nichols , Collaros has more talent and can throw the ball deep accurately and can actually scramble a bit .

I still think Collaros is one blind side hit from a career ending concussion, but we'll see. Bombers better sign a decent backup, if there is even one to be had.

Reactions: GNP

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Hansen will be in attendance at the Global Combine in Frankfurt, Germany on Jan 26. He’s been through the entire experience before; a combine, the draft, making a roster and winning a Grey Cup, and wants to be there to let hopefuls know they can continue their football careers outside of Europe.
“Just that it’s possible,” Hansen said. “Some people didn’t even know that it’s possible to play professional football in Canada. And even maybe think that we’re not good enough and all that. We have the athleticism in Germany. It’s just the quality coaching is missing and now (the CFL) gives you an opportunity right there.”

Hansen: 'I want to represent the global program well' - CFL.ca

“I read the story of (Thiadric) Hansen, who made such a great play in the Grey Cup — throwing poor Mike Daly into the returner. He talked about going back to Germany and being recognized on the street,” Bennett said. “He really wanted to be the face of the global players. He was one of the 17 that dressed, but he didn’t just dress for numbers.

Global Combines offer optimism for future of international football - CFL.ca

Thanks for doing this in bolded font; I can see

Reactions: Guardian17

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Matt Nichols is going to free agency, is supposed to be flying to Toronto to meet with the Argos
I feel sorry for any team who signs Nichols as their starter.
He is not a good starting QB. Sure, he doesn’t throw many interceptions, but he can’t throw over 10 yards accurately and consistently. He is the master of the check down pass and requires an extremely talented running back and defense to carry him.

Reactions: TS Quint

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Collaros signing gets a thumbs up from me.

I’m not a Nichols fan at all, and remember how his play was less than stellar, though the Bombers won almost in spite of his play. One Banjo Bowl performance from a couple of years ago will be my lasting memory of Nichols. Can not win with him as your starter.

Once the Bombers traded for Collaros, the team dynamic changed and they had a legitimate chance of winning each game he played. And did.

Good signing.
Agree. Just saw his presser. Impressive guy very smart and a qb that can actually stretch the field. Gonna be a fun year.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
EPnqWmQU4AEGEML

None

Feb 22, 2012
Arbuckle signs in Ottawa, Calgary gets their first round pick, first overall, and there is one chair left

Massive signing bonus due early apparently. I'm a little surprised he signed there given the sentiment around the league about what was going on in Ottawa last season.

Maybe Lapo can right the ship immediately but it kind of feels like a recipe for disaster when one of the biggest issues that team has is their o-line. We've seen it first-hand in Winnipeg that building an o-line isn't done in a single season.

Reactions: bustamente

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Massive signing bonus due early apparently. I'm a little surprised he signed there given the sentiment around the league about what was going on in Ottawa last season.

Maybe Lapo can right the ship immediately but it kind of feels like a recipe for disaster when one of the biggest issues that team has is their o-line. We've seen it first-hand in Winnipeg that building an o-line isn't done in a single season.

Money sometimes soothes the pain of losing, lets see what they build around him and how he interacts with Lapo, one things for sure Ottawa ain't no Calgary

Reactions: None

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

Take away Harris and check down charlie is god awful. He averaged 3.4 yards/pass. Macbeth is far better.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

They have a respected OC getting a chance as their HC, and a GM who won a Cup just a couple years ago those have to be positives if you are a QB who has confidence in himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad