GDT: 2019 Grey Cup CHAMPIONS - WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Argos released DB Kevin Fogg yesterday. Much of the Bombers plans (particularly with regard to DE Craig Roh) likely revolve around DE Willie Jefferson and what he decides, but either way there should be money to add Fogg, IMO. It would give them a good veteran option to replace Sayles at strong side HB.

Also I feel like Bombers should get their big play WR fairly cheap. Darvin Adams, Derrel Walker, and SJ Green are all out there. How many teams will pay big money for an international WR? Not many and the Bombers desperately need one. I'm good with any of them.
Not sure on Fogg. That ship might of sailed. He got burned a lot in his last year here.
Adams in the fold. Adding SJ or Derrel would be bnus but I’d rather have Willie J over either one of those WRs. Adams was on the cheaper end of it so come Willie, do it. Come back!

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Not sure on Fogg. That ship might of sailed. He got burned a lot in his last year here.
Adams in the fold. Adding SJ or Derrel would be bnus but I’d rather have Willie J over either one of those WRs. Adams was on the cheaper end of it so come Willie, do it. Come back!
I was surprised the Argos took Fogg after his last year in Winnipeg. Players decline fast in football. Once they hit the back side of the hill it's a steep drop off.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I have mixed feelings about this Collaros signing ?? I guess we'll see how he does ? He throws the ball up and will get intercepted a lot, but he's good at making those deep passes.

If he can stay uninjured -- it's just an OK signing -- not much better than Nichols IMO. I wanted to see the Blue sign Arbuckle. I also do not think Streveler will make the cut in the NFL --cannot throw consistently accurate enough. Expect to see him back here in Winnipeg.

Reactions: TS Quint

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Not the signing we were looking for but..................................

EQXFYDnXsAUfLwk

Sweet, good to have him back
Now on to Jefferson

Reactions: SUX2BU and Jets 31

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this Collaros signing ?? I guess we'll see how he does ? He throws the ball up and will get intercepted a lot, but he's good at making those deep passes.

If he can stay uninjured -- it's just an OK signing -- not much better than Nichols IMO. I wanted to see the Blue sign Arbuckle. I also do not think Streveler will make the cut in the NFL --cannot throw consistently accurate enough. Expect to see him back here in Winnipeg.
I'm with you. I think signing Nichols would have been giving up the Grey Cup in January to have a good but not great team. Collaros is boom or bust. He's shown he Can do it but he seems more likely to be injured for the season leaving the Bombers with nothing. But I'd rather have the hope for the Cup.

I may have started planning the parade if they signed Arbuckle/Masoli.

Reactions: GNP

None

Feb 22, 2012
265 is a good number, I wouldn't be surprised if they go after another receiver now.

Really happy he's back, easily the best defensive player in the league when he's on.

Edit: They could also target a DB, not sure there's any worth chasing though.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Now if only Jefferson can convince his buddy Josh Gordon to come up here and play in legal weed land. I mean Gordon already chose a joint over millions of dollars a number of times already.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Nichols is just as injury prone as Collaros , except Collaros can actually throw a football . Don't forget Nichols had surgery on his throwing arm , who knows what his arm strength will be . We won the Cup with Collaros , we couldn't with Nichols .

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Can't argue it wasn't a great day today. Doubt the Bombers have much room left despite several players taking less so I don't think Bombers will be very busy tomorrow.

Lost in other news is a couple of Bombers appear to moving on. Longtime run stopping DT Drake Nevis sounds like he is signing with Toronto (he attended the Raptors game with Jefferson). International DT's aren't a particularly tough find among rookies, but Nevis has been a key reason the Bombers have had the best run D in the league the last 3-4 years and will be missed more than many know in the middle.

LB/DB Chandler Fenner is also moving on. Him and Gaitor saw their roles shrink as the year went on, why Gaitor eventually left the Bombers before playoffs. Not a big loss, but Fenner will likely get another deal in the CFL.

I'm guessing the Bombers also move on from Craig Roh. It's kinda unfortunate, but paying big money to 3 International DE's is hard to do. Roh is a guy who connected well with the fanbase off the field and will be starter somewhere this year, IMO.

The Couture news catches me a bit off guard. The Bombers interior OL is now very much overfilled with Neufeld, Speller, Desjarlais, Couture, Gray. All 5 are starter quality, IMO. Not sure how they will keep all of those guys happy since all 5 can start in the CFL. Still have Eli waiting in the wings as a potential all-star as well. Quite amazing to have that depth along the OL.

Many STers remain unsigned, I'm guessing Thomas Miles re-signs at some point.

The Bombers only real weakness right now is at DB, but not much available. My guess is Bombers target some depth pieces at DB, DL. Otherwise I wouldn't expect much from the next few days.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Can't argue it wasn't a great day today. Doubt the Bombers have much room left despite several players taking less so I don't think Bombers will be very busy tomorrow.

Lost in other news is a couple of Bombers appear to moving on. Longtime run stopping DT Drake Nevis sounds like he is signing with Toronto (he attended the Raptors game with Jefferson). International DT's aren't a particularly tough find among rookies, but Nevis has been a key reason the Bombers have had the best run D in the league the last 3-4 years and will be missed more than many know in the middle.

LB/DB Chandler Fenner is also moving on. Him and Gaitor saw their roles shrink as the year went on, why Gaitor eventually left the Bombers before playoffs. Not a big loss, but Fenner will likely get another deal in the CFL.

I'm guessing the Bombers also move on from Craig Roh. It's kinda unfortunate, but paying big money to 3 International DE's is hard to do. Roh is a guy who connected well with the fanbase off the field and will be starter somewhere this year, IMO.

The Couture news catches me a bit off guard. The Bombers interior OL is now very much overfilled with Neufeld, Speller, Desjarlais, Couture, Gray. All 5 are starter quality, IMO. Not sure how they will keep all of those guys happy since all 5 can start in the CFL. Still have Eli waiting in the wings as a potential all-star as well. Quite amazing to have that depth along the OL.

Many STers remain unsigned, I'm guessing Thomas Miles re-signs at some point.

The Bombers only real weakness right now is at DB, but not much available. My guess is Bombers target some depth pieces at DB, DL. Otherwise I wouldn't expect much from the next few days.

Feoli-Gudino signing puzzling as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->