GDT: 2019 Grey Cup CHAMPIONS - WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Redblacks pay Calgary for negotiating rights for Arbuckle today. Impossible to say what Arbuckle is thinking but clearly Redblacks think they have a chance at signing him.

Kinda shocking to me that somehow Bombers have been shut out of the QB talk. It's hard to say what Streveler's situation is looking at, but it's looking more and more like Nichols-Streveler next year. I mean I'm not neccessarily upset by this, but it certainly isn't what I expected at all. The Bombers have made it obvious that can make not having an elite QB work, but we'll see.
So gross. Another year of a QB who averages under 3.5 yards/pass is a huge mistake. Give me McBeth over Nichols.

Reactions: Mbraunm

None

Feb 22, 2012
At least one member of the media seems to have already irritated one of the two new owners.
I think it started with Ambrosie admitting that the owners don't speak French, and then the owner being asked if the team president would speak French fluently. And then he was asked pointedly if it meant anything that the other owner, Sid Spiegel, wasn't present. It turned out that there was a personal family issue that meant he couldn't attend.
The same member of the media (I think) also asked about the state of Percival Molson, and asked if the new ownership would pursue a new stadium immediately after asking about how much money the team was losing. The owner answered it pretty honestly and said that their first task would be getting more people in the seats, saying Percival Molson seats 23000 and averaged 8000 last season.

To me it felt like there was a member of the media actively trying to poke holes in the CFL/Montreal's boat.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
At least one member of the media seems to have already irritated one of the two new owners.
I think it started with Ambrosie admitting that the owners don't speak French, and then the owner being asked if the team president would speak French fluently. And then he was asked pointedly if it meant anything that the other owner, Sid Spiegel, wasn't present. It turned out that there was a personal family issue that meant he couldn't attend.
The same member of the media (I think) also asked about the state of Percival Molson, and asked if the new ownership would pursue a new stadium immediately after asking about how much money the team was losing. The owner answered it pretty honestly and said that their first task would be getting more people in the seats, saying Percival Molson seats 23000 and averaged 8000 last season.

To me it felt like there was a member of the media actively trying to poke holes in the CFL/Montreal's boat.

When did Paul Friesen move to Montreal... ?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Moe Mantha and None

None

Feb 22, 2012
@None
Seeing as your a CFL insider and have called all QB news so far ;)
Any guess on ours? Nichols or collaros?

I think the Bombers are very willing to give their 9th overall pick to sign Collaros, but I'm not sure if their first choice isn't Arbuckle. I think the Bombers are willing to wait and see if Arbuckle becomes available again if Ottawa can't sign him. Regarding Collaros it's also a matter of what Collaros and Toronto want as well.
If everything were equal I'm sure Collaros' first choice would be Toronto, but the Bombers have a lot to offer and he's seen that they can win with him at QB.

The Bombers are the safest landing spot among the teams that still need a QB, in a league where there's very little guaranteed money that can be a big deal.

My guess is still Collaros, but if we get into the first week of February and Arbuckle still hasn't signed I could definitely see the Bombers making a solid pitch.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Unfortunately I don’t see anyway the RBs make that trade without a positive meeting with Arbuckle beforehand.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I hope we could snag Arbuckle, and if not him, then Collaros. But whatever they do, please NOT Nichols!

Reactions: TS Quint

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Dude really!?!? Get over it already. Your are good at what you do but this is a dooschy move bro.:thumbd:
HHH is just trying to latch onto the BB fans to buy tickets for Raw but it still cool to hear!:thumbu:

There, I added a little winkie just for you so you know I'm kidding around. In case you missed it, I was the guy defending Harris when all this shit came out. :eyeroll:

Reactions: snowkiddin

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
It's cold outside and the Jets stink so..................

EOu3dQzXsAIWodT

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Stanley Bryant is a generational o-lineman. Easily one of the top-10 all time in the CFL. Probably top-5 all-time as well. He was robbed of his 3rd consecutive offensive lineman of the year award. Voters just wanted a change of pace rather than rewarding the superior candidate.

None

Feb 22, 2012
So not only have we decided to focus on the two worst QBs on the market, we've now worsened relations with one of them. Wonder if there's still a chance we can get Arbuckle.

www.tsn.ca/agent-blue-bombers-qb-nichols-upset-over-collaros-re-signing-1.1431001%3ftsn-amp

Honestly.. I don't really care if Nichols is upset. I'm not sure how he isn't aware that he's probably every team's backup plan at this point.

As for Arbuckle, he was in Ottawa and left without a contract, take that as you will.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Honestly.. I don't really care if Nichols is upset. I'm not sure how he isn't aware that he's probably every team's backup plan at this point.

As for Arbuckle, he was in Ottawa and left without a contract, take that as you will.

LOL Nichols can exit the building for good.

This reminds when he said to a reporter he was upset and disheartened the fans booed him when he played like hot garbage.:biglaugh:

Pffft, GO AWAY NOW!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
So, to summarize....

Bombers want Collaros who wants to be in Toronto and who even if he signs here is likely to get knocked out for the season, Nichols pouting, taking ball and going home, Streveler and the Happy Feet probably embarking on a US tour.

Looking forward to a QB tandem of Sean McGuire and Scrubby McScrubface. No biggie. We're just getting started on the 29 year rebuild. :nod:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad