GDT: 2019 Grey Cup CHAMPIONS - WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I think the Bombers are very willing to give their 9th overall pick to sign Collaros, but I'm not sure if their first choice isn't Arbuckle. I think the Bombers are willing to wait and see if Arbuckle becomes available again if Ottawa can't sign him. Regarding Collaros it's also a matter of what Collaros and Toronto want as well.
If everything were equal I'm sure Collaros' first choice would be Toronto, but the Bombers have a lot to offer and he's seen that they can win with him at QB.

The Bombers are the safest landing spot among the teams that still need a QB, in a league where there's very little guaranteed money that can be a big deal.

My guess is still Collaros, but if we get into the first week of February and Arbuckle still hasn't signed I could definitely see the Bombers making a solid pitch.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/3downna...ould-be-open-to-re-signing-with-winnipeg/amp/

In this December article, it sounded like Collaros was certainly open to returning to Winnipeg and wasn’t at all taking the “Toronto or nothing” approach. This was also before O’Shea was extended, something Collaros clearly wanted to happen before considering a return to Winnipeg based on his comments.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Didn't think they were going to bring him back

EO_X82MUUAEi2ec

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
As much as i like Streveler he's not making the NFL , i think he and Collaros will be our QB's next season and that worked out pretty darn good .:nod:

Honestly I wouldn't be so sure. He is faster and better runner than a guy like Taysom Hill, as good a passer, and probably less talented as a receiver/te. But I'm sure a talented oc would find alot of use of his unique skillset down south. The NFL is finally coming around to customized playbooks and utilizing different skill sets (BAL with Jackson/NO with Hill).

Well see. I could see Streveler back in WPG or down south, it's hard to say right now.

Reactions: TS Quint

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
So, to summarize....

Bombers want Collaros who wants to be in Toronto and who even if he signs here is likely to get knocked out for the season, Nichols pouting, taking ball and going home, Streveler and the Happy Feet probably embarking on a US tour.

Looking forward to a QB tandem of Sean McGuire and Scrubby McScrubface. No biggie. We're just getting started on the 29 year rebuild. :nod:

Oh chill out already. Maguire and McGurber will make a great tandem once The Greek god goes down.

Last edited:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I think Collaros is better than Nichols but I don't think Collaros is anything special. Down the stretch the whole team was in beast mode and were literally unstoppable. That being said I'm happy with the improvement over Nichols.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Great news for the BB ! It’ll be the o-line’s job to keep him on the field. I’m pleasantly surprised that management wasn’t stuck on loyalty to Nichols. No telling how his shoulder would have healed.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
A guy helps win a cup, after such a long drought, no surprise he gets rewarded with an extension whether its the right move or not. They were going to reward that and take a chance regardless of how many games he can play this year.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
We got the 1 punch out of the combo now we need to to get the 2 punch that help bring the Grey Cup back here, the line play will be very important again this year and Harris with another strong year will keep the heat off Collaros

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Collaros is a solid QB.

he has that CFL arm that Nichols never had, and with LaPo gone I wouldn’t feel as confident with Nichols.

He got us our first cup in 29 years so that’s got to count for something.

Reactions: Jets 31

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It sounds more and more like Streveler is heading south. Bombers will need to sign Nichols or Bethel-Thompson (whichever one Toronto doesnt offer starting money) to play behind Collaros because Collaros is unlikely to play more than 6-8 games.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Thiadric Hansen was at the CFL combine in Germany this past weekend.

Thiadric Hansen, a German player was able to secure a professional contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers last year as part of the Combine in Canada, with which he won the 2019 championship.

Under the eyes of Gray Cup winner Thiadric Hansen, who signed a professional contract with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers last year due to the AFVD and CFL programs.

AFVD/CFL Combine in Hessen

Germans Sven Breidenbach and Niklas Liesen headed to CFL combine - CFL.ca

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Collaros is a better QB than Nichols without question , ya he has concussion issues but Nichols had a major surgery done to his already weaker throwing arm than Collaros . If we get Streveler back , can you say repeat ? I knew you could . :nod:

Reactions: kanadalainen

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Hansen will be in attendance at the Global Combine in Frankfurt, Germany on Jan 26. He’s been through the entire experience before; a combine, the draft, making a roster and winning a Grey Cup, and wants to be there to let hopefuls know they can continue their football careers outside of Europe.
“Just that it’s possible,” Hansen said. “Some people didn’t even know that it’s possible to play professional football in Canada. And even maybe think that we’re not good enough and all that. We have the athleticism in Germany. It’s just the quality coaching is missing and now (the CFL) gives you an opportunity right there.”

Hansen: 'I want to represent the global program well' - CFL.ca

“I read the story of (Thiadric) Hansen, who made such a great play in the Grey Cup — throwing poor Mike Daly into the returner. He talked about going back to Germany and being recognized on the street,” Bennett said. “He really wanted to be the face of the global players. He was one of the 17 that dressed, but he didn’t just dress for numbers.

Global Combines offer optimism for future of international football - CFL.ca

Reactions: kanadalainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad