OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part IV – More like the "Football Thread", amirite?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I hate the f***ing Giants so f***ing much. Two weeks in a row I pray to God they lose, they win. Today I want them to win and they lose to the Eagles' practice squad. A f***ing disgrace of a franchise. Seriously, I wish they were in Indiana or somewhere so that they could fold. I hate this franchise so f***ing much. Absolute misery rooting for them. MISERY.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
the o-line coaching is abysmal as well. every stunt on a pass rush ends with a defender getting a free run at jones.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
so what is everyones season-end verdict on Jones? can he carry this team for the next 10 years?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I hate the ****ing Giants so ****ing much. Two weeks in a row I pray to God they lose, they win. Today I want them to win and they lose to the Eagles' practice squad. A ****ing disgrace of a franchise. Seriously, I wish they were in Indiana or somewhere so that they could fold. I hate this franchise so ****ing much. Absolute misery rooting for them. MISERY.

I think that's a bit strong. They've stunk most of this decade but they won a Super Bowl. They won two Super Bowls in four years they had no business winning.

When my friends who are Jets/Mets/etc. ask me how I'm not pissed at the Giants I point this out.

I think anyone on this board would gladly trade the Super Bowl 46 win for a Rangers Stanley Cup win in 2012, 2014, or 2015 7 days a week 365.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
With the Rangers I have hope, the Giants are a cesspool of a ****ing franchise.

If the Rangers only had a little bit of the Giants luck, they might have anywhere from 2-4 more Cups (1950 that puck goes in during the OT, Ratealle not hurt in 1972, 1979 Don Cherry doesn't go full idiot, 1990 Leetch is healthy, 1997 full strength vs. Philly, I'm not even counting the stuff this decade. Also I'd trade the 1979 victory over the Islanders for 1981 because they would have crushed Minnesota in the finals).

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Giants should have the easiest draft this year. Build up the OLine and DLine. It's really simple. Take Thomas, be happy. If he goes at 3 then Simmons is fine or trade down. Trade Engram for two picks and spend them on big bodies.

I'd really prefer the next coach is a D Coordinator. They've gone offense the last two times and it's been bad. Giants have never won in the modern era trying to use a West Coast offense. Always and aggressive D, pound with the run, and some clutch passing.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
So who the Giants/Jets picking
Any breathing human in the to 10 will help the Giants but Isaiah Simmons is a beast.
The Jets should just take the best OL available period. If Robbie Anderson goes they might lean to WR if the right guy is there. I have heard a few folks consider Jerry Jeudy the best offensive talent in this draft.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think that's a bit strong. They've stunk most of this decade but they won a Super Bowl. They won two Super Bowls in four years they had no business winning.

When my friends who are Jets/Mets/etc. ask me how I'm not pissed at the Giants I point this out.

I think anyone on this board would gladly trade the Super Bowl 46 win for a Rangers Stanley Cup win in 2012, 2014, or 2015 7 days a week 365.

Honestly, they made the playoffs once since I was 25 and had a winning record twice since then. The best years of my life, my sports team has been absolutely miserable. Thankfully, three of those years I barely followed because I lived outside of NYC.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
So who the Giants/Jets picking
Any breathing human in the to 10 will help the Giants but Isaiah Simmons is a beast.
The Jets should just take the best OL available period. If Robbie Anderson goes they might lean to WR if the right guy is there. I have heard a few folks consider Jerry Jeudy the best offensive talent in this draft.

Jets should likely (almost mandatory at this point) go with either an OL or WR player.

The o-line and skill players need revamping.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Jets should likely (almost mandatory at this point) go with either an OL or WR player.

The o-line and skill players need revamping.

Should draft OL and sign a WR, maybe 2. At the point where the OL cannot be ignored anymore. So many plugs and stop gaps that aren't worth it. Even an average OL is an upgrade. Complete overhaul of the positions. Douglass has the sense to address it. He coaxed guys out of retirement he was so desperate. Priority #1 and #2 is OL.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
the giants should try to trade down and recoup draft capital. there's too many holes on the roster to sit tight at 4. after the top 2, 3-10ish in this draft feel pretty interchangeable.

also, they should fire shurmer and gettleman.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
With the Rangers I have hope, the Giants are a cesspool of a ****ing franchise.

I get your frustration...I really do. But you still have 4 Super Bowl wins and two of them having come in the past 12 years.

That said, think about sorry sacks Jet fans like me who have NO Super Bowl wins in the past 50 years and I'm too young to have even remembered the one time we won...lol

Too make it worse, Jet fans like me don't even have a Super Bowl appearance to hang our hat on either in the past 50 years. You on the other hand have had 5 Super Bowl appearances since 1986.

So tho I get that your pissed off that the Giants have blown chunks for the most part the past 7-8 years, your franchise is still light years ahead of 90% of the franchise in the NFL as far as success is concerned so it's really hard to feel too sorry for you and the rest of Giant Nation and I'm sure I'm not alone in this thought process whether or not a Jet fan or a fan of another franchise in the league.

As as Jet/Met/Knick/Ranger fan obviously, I know all all about frustration but if I were a Giant fan, yeah I'd be a bit ticked about how things have gone lately but I'd also realize you can't win a title or make the playoffs every year but I'd also know that Giant Nation has had it pretty damn good and alot of fan bases including mine would love to trade places with you...just saying!!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I don't know how to feel about this year for my Jets. We start the year 1-7 and than go 6-2 and finish the year 7-9 which is not far off at all from what I originally thought we'd finish which was 8-8. Yet the path it took to get to 7-9 was as unsatisfying as possible.

It's one of the most bizarre seasons I can ever recall in my 45+ years being a fan of this god forsaken cursed franchise of mine.

The most weird thing about it is that most of us who make up Jet Nation hate the coach as he's just a real hard guy to get behind yet on the other hand Gase kept the team together despite the horrific start and all the injuries with the one to Mosley being the most devastating and we ended up finishing strong and there is actually some hope for next year. So you have to give him alot of credit for that!.

I'm telling you, it's the most odd thing I've ever experienced as a fan of this team. I can't ever recall hating the coach yet thinking if the GM of the team Joe Douglass over the offseason can somehow thru either the draft or free agency improve the O-line, secondary and god forbid find an edge rusher, this team might actually be a playoff team.

It's bizzaro world here for me here in Jet Nation but like the sucker I am and have been for 45+ years, I'm going to hold out hope that next year with some of the tinkering I just mentioned, this cursed team of mine could actually have a special type of year.

OK my alarm clock is ringing...what the hell am I thinking? I should know full well that next year will be like every other year...agida and frustration...shame on me...lol

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
License Plate Guy is saying Gettleman is gone.

It's absurd that he's a source, but he has been correct more than a few times. Hoping he's correct on this one.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
License Plate Guy is saying Gettleman is gone.

It's absurd that he's a source, but he has been correct more than a few times. Hoping he's correct on this one.

Glad to see him go. Giants are very lucky things appear to be working out with Jones and having Barkley. New GM needs to upgrade that Oline and address the D, but at least those core offensive weapons are there.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Jets finished right where i expected preseason. Slaughtered on the front end of the schedule, good in the back end.

If they don’t blow that Buffalo game week 1 they’re 8-8. But think 1 game out of a playoff spot is gravely misleading at the same time. So pretty much Jetsy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad