OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part IV – More like the "Football Thread", amirite?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
nauseous thinking about how badly the Jets are going to get embarrassed tonight. Wish the Rangers weren't playing so late so I could watch that instead.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I need Lamar to kill my boys tonight, but I also need Bell to do something. I'm not even sure I want to play Bell; I could stick Marquise Brown in that spot, or Slayton, or even hope Chark makes an amazing recovery. I just see too many scenarios where Bell does nothing tonight.

Reactions: Bluenote13

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It was a dumb and needless thing to say and amazingly his block headed 'apology' that has come since has been worse.
His apology was sad, to me. It just displayed a disturbing level of ignorance. But I've seen that ignorance in inner-cities, small-town America, among the "elites", and everywhere else. There's just so much ignorance. And when people are called out, they don't even want to learn, or issue a real apology, they just want to shift the focus or the blame. It's all sad. Reflects poorly on us all.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I need Lamar to kill my boys tonight, but I also need Bell to do something. I'm not even sure I want to play Bell; I could stick Marquise Brown in that spot, or Slayton, or even hope Chark makes an amazing recovery. I just see too many scenarios where Bell does nothing tonight.

Best bet is him getting check down catches or draw plays when the Jets inevitably have to throw every down.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Not just a pass on 4th and 1, but lets roll him out and take away half the field, what a guru.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Still not sure how I feel about Darnold as an NFL quarterback.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Darnold loves the back breaking turnover. Always on that “we need a score here to get back in this” drive where he tries to do too much. Now it’s a blowout. Happens way too often.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Pathetic apology.

But this is the kind of thing that starts happening when a franchise is so consistently inept and directionless for so long.

Reminds me of the GD Knicks....

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Okay, I can see why the word "Pejorative Slur" can be offensive, but how come the Washington team is still called the "Redskins"?

Last edited:
Reactions: ponzu4u

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Janoris just seems like such a prick, even before this twitter controversy , just the worst kind of locker room guy. Its too bad because he's a good DB which the Jets could use but I would not want him on my team.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly, what he said is really not grounds for getting released, IMO. It's way worse because it was against a fan. But whatever he had no future on this team anyway.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Good, f*** him.

He made an insensitive retort at a fan and essentially doubled down with a bullshit apology.

Is it ok if I tell someone to go f*** themselves but then say "Oh it's ok to say that where I'm from"?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad