OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part IV – More like the "Football Thread", amirite?

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
You’re the type who knocks himself unconscious trying to run through a steel door, rather than taking a step back to pick the lock, aren’t ya?

I fix stuff. Mostly things that scare the hell out of most people.
Im also an amateur proctologist.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Man, what a time to be alive when your team is "too good" for a #2 pick because they're 4-12. The NFL sucks.
look. wed all love to get chase young. im not gonna be upset that we missed on that chance because our rookie qb played too well and way above expectations to be bad enough for that to happen. chase young is probably a top end NFL pass rusher. if daniel jones is a top 10 nfl qb in his future than oh well. get him another top player on the lines and go from there.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
look. wed all love to get chase young. im not gonna be upset that we missed on that chance because our rookie qb played too well and way above expectations to be bad enough for that to happen. chase young is probably a top end NFL pass rusher. if daniel jones is a top 10 nfl qb in his future than oh well. get him another top player on the lines and go from there.

I get you but in the current situation you gotta think long term. Like last year is turning out to be ok as jones looks good but imagine we went allen...and then this year we bottomed out to get young. That's a heck of a stat for a dominant D, put allot of pressure on opposing QBs, the kinda D we were use to.

Now I'm also ok getting the Georgia tackle because last game showed that if we give jones time, Barkley holes we can do damage. Our current oline is embarrassing specially with the money spent on it but I really dont want Barkley to have a Barry Sanders type career because hes on bad teams/offence.

But eventually we do need to also stop other teams from scoring lol...should have been a situation where jones stayed on bench and a loss was taken care of with play calls and such, specially near the end but coach isnt gonna do that, specially one that is being fired. Should have took players away for the L...oh well

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
idk, I'm not of the idea that Shurmer is such a horrible coach. He's an offensive coach, and the Giants have a pretty good offense. Their defense is why they lose nearly every game. I'd take Shurmer over Gase 10/10. With Gregg running the D, now baby you've got a stew going.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
lmfao this was such a bad year for bottom teams. The Dolphins team that everyone thought might be one of the worst in league history is going to end up with like the 4th or 5th pick

As i've said before, the Jets, who fans (me among them) feel like this year is a total disaster and one of the worst Jets teams we've ever seen, are only bad enough to get the 10th pick in the draft. And this is with half the roster on IR. The NFL is a garbage league.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
micah parsons is only a true sophmore, but hes a monster. gonna be a top 10 pick in 2021, if our defense is still that bad where we suck in 2020, he would be a dream pick.

Reactions: JCProdigy

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
So nice to see New England have to play next week. They're soft schedule should have never gotten them a bye week.

Changing on the guard. Jackson and Mahomes get byes.

Also the Jets won their meaningless game. Hurts their pick, probably ends up somewhere near 12 or 13.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Miami win means Giants lowest pick will be 4 whether they win or lose.

It can still change dependent upon Washington and Detroit games.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Lol Jamis Winston 30 TDs and 30 INTs. 5100 passing yards, I think only 7 individuals have thrown 5000 yards (though some of those individuals have done it a few times). Brees, Manning, Marino, Stafford, Roethlisberger, Mahomes and Brady.

Winston easily the worst of that group.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lol Jamis Winston 30 TDs and 30 INTs. 5100 passing yards, I think only 7 individuals have thrown 5000 yards (though some of those individuals have done it a few times). Brees, Manning, Marino, Stafford, Roethlisberger, Mahomes and Brady.

Winston easily the worst of that group.
absolute legend. When was the last time anyone threw 30 picks?

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
Even when you want them to lose, they do it in the most frustrating way. Low key want the Cowboys to make it because you just know they won't do shit in the playoffs. The Eagles find ways to win games when they count.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad