OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
There's alot of pr that's being spewed in this one.
It's likely going to go to arbitration and that's where the full story is gonna come out.
If Drs are saying he needs surgery asap, then the Jets are 100% in the wrong. But if he's doing this because he suspects he's gonna get cut and doesn't want to try and play through it even though he has been and likely was part of the pre/post trade discussions.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
There's alot of pr that's being spewed in this one.
It's likely going to go to arbitration and that's where the full story is gonna come out.
If Drs are saying he needs surgery asap, then the Jets are 100% in the wrong. But if he's doing this because he suspects he's gonna get cut and doesn't want to try and play through it even though he has been and likely was part of the pre/post trade discussions.

A lot of it comes down to whether the Jets actually had the guy taking painkillers just to play prior with a torn labrum. The agent says it's open-and-shut and that even independent docs will say he has a torn labrum. If that's the case, IR him and shut him down.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
What's the point of challenging if a guy literally tripping doesn't overturn a PI call?

I don't actually know what its purpose is unless they plan on using it more often in the postseason or something.

I keep hearing, "its probably only getting overturned on blatant stuff" but I've seen some really bad ones that remain.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I don't actually know what its purpose is unless they plan on using it more often in the postseason or something.

I keep hearing, "its probably only getting overturned on blatant stuff" but I've seen some really bad ones that remain.
The rumors I'm hearing is that the person whose reviewing them absolutely hates the concept and will use the lack of overturned as proof that they should get rid of them.
I'm hoping the NFL gets rid of him and starts truly fixing the refs.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
When is the last time the Giants blocked a punt for a safety?!?!?!

Paging Elias Sports Bureau..

I'm being facetious by the way, that's a touchdown :cool:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
They keep flashing the wrong score. First they put up a safety, then they gave the Giants 3 points for the XP.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If Giants can just keep this within 7-10 going into the half I think they have a decent shot still. Arizona D is awful and the Giants D is likely to adjust to an extent. They looked much better the prior 2 weeks til the start of this game

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Jones is holding the ball long cause no one can get separation. He buys time and they still can't. It's also the reason he throws into insane tight windows. There was a STAT out there that said the Giants receivers are below NFL average when it comes to getting separation. And Jones is very high amongst QBs throwing into tight windows.

There's ways to scheme this better put Shurmur sucks so don't expect change.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Jones is holding the ball long cause no one can get separation. He buys time and they still can't. It's also the reason he throws into insane tight windows. There was a STAT out there that said the Giants receivers are below NFL average when it comes to getting separation. And Jones is very high amongst QBs throwing into tight windows.

There's ways to scheme this better put Shurmur sucks so don't expect change.

Jones seems to have some of that Eli potential in that he can look insanely bad and insanely terrible in the same game. Most elite QBs do not do that but at the same time some highly serviceable QBs who've won super bowls have been that sort of player.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Jones seems to have some of that Eli potential in that he can look insanely bad and insanely terrible in the same game. Most elite QBs do not do that but at the same time some highly serviceable QBs who've won super bowls have been that sort of player.

Way too early to tell anything cause he's played 5 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad