OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Sometimes protection needs a good read by the qb at the line of scrimmage. There’sa reason the jets o-line looked better with darnold. That comes with time.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Let's see if my suspicion the Jets either win outright or at very worse make the Patriots sweat it out late in the 4th quarter with the game still in doubt.

This is benchmark game seeing if they do win and get their record to 2-4, with a very manageable schedule going forward where the teams they will play only two teams with a winning record(Bills and Ravens) and who all told have a combined record of 19-34, it's not inconceivable that the Jets despite their 0-4 start, could still end up with an 8-8 record which was the record myself and quite a few others in here thought would be what their record would end up being

That's obviously a best case scenario. At the very very least, I want to see the Jets play good enough going forward including tomorrow night to where we have hope again. With Sam back as well as Mosley even with the O-Line banged up, I really do think things are looking up here in Jetland.

Amazing how having a bonafide NFL QB who has a gun for an arm. who is accurate and who can elude a pass rush can make an O-line look better than it is. Let's do this. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Go Jets...make us proud!!....:nod:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I think Jets will get curbstomped against the Pats but that's just me.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I think Jets will get curbstomped against the Pats but that's just me.

Gee shocker...you and I at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Don't recall that ever happening before...lol

Why do I think you'll be as quiet as church mouse if I end up being right...hmmm

Last edited:
Reactions: darko

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The Jets have been good against the run this season - 5th best. NE runs the ball and throws a lot of short passes to the RBs and WR on slants. Move the defense up and make them beat you long.

If Brady throws bombs all game and beats you, so be it. But don't sit back and let them bleed you dry all day, fearing that you'll get burned on deep routes.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Patriots are ripe for the upset. Jets haven’t had too many signature wins since 2015 when they beat both the Giants and Patriots back to back.

Tonight is one of those rare nights where I think the football gods who every now and again tease us, tonight they are going to give us long suffering fans of this jinxed team of ours a f***ing break...I just feel it.

Than we’ll get all excited that we have a season after all to look forward too and than next week we’ll lose 27-3 at Jacksonville....lol

It would be such a “Jet thing to do” for a scenario like that too occur but you know what, I’d sign a check right now so long as we beat the evil empire on national TV.

This needs to happen....Go Jets!!

Last edited:

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I believe in Jones and I see what Gettleman is trying to do. They may be great again one day, but Shurmer won’t be here to see it. Just my opinion.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
the O Line was abysmal. I’m surprised Jones is even alive right now

yep. completion %, yards, rushing, QB rating, etc, all up to 3-week highs, but was getting killed out there. 8 sacks and 3 strips is not his fault.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I'm actually interested in this game again because Sam is a legit QB. The Jets have some good players and other interesting pieces but everything gets rendered moot when you're forced to play a high school QB.

Good luck. Beat the Pats.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm actually interested in this game again because Sam is a legit QB. The Jets have some good players and other interesting pieces but everything gets rendered moot when you're forced to play a high school QB.

Good luck. Beat the Pats.

Thanks brother...we can use all the support we can get.

Speaking of which we should have 95% of the nation or basically everyone not from the New England region with Jet pom poms tonight.

Like last week when anyone who hates the Cowboys was rooting for the Jets and we came thru, I really believe we will again tonight.

It would be pretty damn epic if the Jets do pull this off...that’s for sure. Let’s do this...I be chomping at the bit for kickoff.!

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Very nervous about this game. When was the last time the Jets won 2 in a row? I guess last year we had Denver and Indianapolis? But whenever the Jets get too high after a big win they usually stink up the joint the next week. New England is a better team than Dallas with far better coaching. If Darnold manages to beat them just give him the MVP on the spot lol. I just hope it’s close.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Very nervous about this game. When was the last time the Jets won 2 in a row? I guess last year we had Denver and Indianapolis? But whenever the Jets get too high after a big win they usually stink up the joint the next week. New England is a better team than Dallas with far better coaching. If Darnold manages to beat them just give him the MVP on the spot lol. I just hope it’s close.

Why are you nervous about this game. If the Jets win it's the game of the year.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Because as a Jets fan i'm tired of getting humiliated on national tv constantly.

Every year this team gets put on Sunday night or Monday night, it becomes a joke. All. The. Time. Different coaches, different players, it doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter who they are playing either.

I thought last year was the peak. Lost to Cleveland to end their insane losing streak, but then they have their 3rd string QB playing in week 2 because of their #2 getting hurt in game and their #1 having mono.

This might be the first time going into one of these games that I really think they could come out and win, but you just have a feeling that it's going to turn sour.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If you look at what gettleman did in the draft the last two years. Saquon, Hernandez, BJ Hill, Carter, Jones, Lawrence, Baker, Slayton, Connolly, Ximenes i also really like Ballentine I mean that’s a hell of a job there.

even getting Peppers And Zeitler in here when he knew he’d take a ton of heat for it. Also really good moves.

I trust him to have a good draft here in 2020 I do. I worry about some of his signings and the coaching hire. I think that’s an issue. Shurmur seems lost.

Reactions: ponzu4u

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
bruh this man Mahomes isnt human

thought he was gonna be out for the year when the injury happened and now he might be back in two weeks

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
21-20 for some reason keeps coming up as the final score tonight.

I'm obviously a glutton for punishment apparently and I know better but I just can't help thinking Jets are going to have an epic win tonight....let's do this!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad