OT: 2019 Football Thread: Free Agency and The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
You may get a 3rd rounder on top of it, but this is a down year for QBs and the price will likely be less than what you paid for Darnold.

If you mean the price generally then I agree.

But if you mean the price to move from 3 to 15 will be lower than the price last year from 3-6, I can't say I agree.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rosen is the only guy I’m remotely interested in seeing the Giants get. To me any of these other QBs being talked about aren’t NFL caliber

Reactions: NYRKING30

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Carl Banks is the only 3rd overall pick to win a superbowl with the team that drafted him.

That's not too surprising for the NFL.

The NHL on the other hand, only two 3rd overalls have won Cups with the team that drafted them in recent memory - Toews and Scott Niedermeyer. Heiskenen and Dubois have a shot at it this year.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
I’ll be so disappointed if we go Q Williams at 3. There are so many DL who in college looked like monsters and were drafted high to end up being merely above average or worse in the NFL. They can’t dominate physically like they did in college. L Williams is an example . Above average player but when we drafted him we were told he was the best player in the draft. Glen Dorsey, Nick Fairly, Marcell Dareus the list goes on. And on top of that, as a Jets fan I’m sick of drafting interior DL . We need impact players at high value positions . We keep going “BPA” but at low value positions. I love Adams but taking him and Maye 2 years ago is so typically Jets. We haven’t had a real impact pass rusher in 15 years. We haven’t drafted an impact offensive skill players since... Santana Moss?

He will not throw around pro lineman like he does in college and seems to be very one dimensional. That’s not the player you pick at 3. Lenard Williams 2.0.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Me, NFL Draft 2018: If the Giants take a RB with their pick they'll show how outdated and poorly planned their philosophy is and I will never support it.

Me, today: The Giants need to force the league to amend and allow Saquon to run plays while wielding a bazooka.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I missed the beginning of the conversation on the Michael Kay show but they mentioned something about the Redskins offering (or the Jets asking for) 2019 #1, 2019 #2, 2020 #1 and 2020 #2 to move up to 3.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
If im a Jets fan the last thing I want to do is help out teams in the division or the Redskins. But Jets should probably take that deal.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I missed the beginning of the conversation on the Michael Kay show but they mentioned something about the Redskins offering (or the Jets asking for) 2019 #1, 2019 #2, 2020 #1 and 2020 #2 to move up to 3.

That’s my expectation as well. If the Redskins offer that I definitely pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad