2019 F1

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Vettel is blessed with being an incredible driver but God damn does he make more boneheaded decisions/moves than most. He ruined his race, Stroll's and then indirectly Gasly's as well. I feel bad for Stroll - he had good pace and likely would have finished in the points and who really knows where. Stroll deserved the penalty...I can't argue that... but his is more understandable (he was still technically mostly on the track in a dangerous spot.... wouldn't want to hang around there long... probably couldn't even see Gasly at all) and he shouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

If Ferrari got their shit together early in the season and Leclerc had a bit better luck then I think the chase to catch Lewis Hamilton would be a lot closer.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hamilton is just sleep walking to victory

I had hopes for a tight title race this season but that's gone completely out of the window because nobody besides Mercedes can get their act together

Ferrari and Vettel should be ashamed of themselves, they have a competitive car and they still completely suck

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Well earned victory for Ferrari's #1 driver. Good scene at the podium, always like it when they win at Monza.

So the #2 driver at Ferrari...dude needs a sports psychologist. With 3 more points on his license today he needs a clean race the three GPs to avoid a suspension.

Lastly, how did they let Kimi go out on the wrong tires from the pit to start the race? Mistake or intentional? Strange.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Hamilton is just sleep walking to victory

I had hopes for a tight title race this season but that's gone completely out of the window because nobody besides Mercedes can get their act together

Ferrari and Vettel should be ashamed of themselves, they have a competitive car and they still completely suck

Lewis will very likely sleepwalk his way to victory next year too. The Mercedes is potentially the best and most balanced car ever.

The new era is coming for Lewis but he'll be able to hold it off for a few more seasons I suspect but it's only a matter of time before Max, Leclerc, Russell etc make their move for this throne.

Of course it all comes down to car and what future changes and regulations we see but I'm hoping the dominance ends at the end of next season.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Lewis will very likely sleepwalk his way to victory next year too. The Mercedes is potentially the best and most balanced car ever.

The new era is coming for Lewis but he'll be able to hold it off for a few more seasons I suspect but it's only a matter of time before Max, Leclerc, Russell etc make their move for this throne.

Of course it all comes down to car and what future changes and regulations we see but I'm hoping the dominance ends at the end of next season.

As much as Hamilton grates on me I can't deny he and Mercedes are one hell of a team although Leclerc and Verstappen are at least giving me some hope that next season will be more competitive and interesting

I enjoy formula 1 racing but I'm finding it hard to stay invested this season with the title sorted out this early, doesn't help that Vettel has fallen off a cliff either although he grates on me as well

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
As much as Hamilton grates on me I can't deny he and Mercedes are one hell of a team although Leclerc and Verstappen are at least giving me some hope that next season will be more competitive and interesting

I enjoy formula 1 racing but I'm finding it hard to stay invested this season with the title sorted out this early, doesn't help that Vettel has fallen off a cliff either although he grates on me as well

I agree but also disagree.

If I look at the big picture then yeah...it's really boring and predictable. I now just go race by race and I'm pretty happy. We've had some really good ones this year

Reactions: JoVel

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I agree but also disagree.

If I look at the big picture then yeah...it's really boring and predictable. I now just go race by race and I'm pretty happy. We've had some really good ones this year

I enjoy exciting racing but it loses a lot of luster when we don't have a competitive driver or construction championship in the back half of the season, this thing has been over for months already and I like seeing the blow torch on guys late in the season

Like last night's race, excellent race but imagine that with Leclerc within striking distance of Hamilton, it takes some excitement off it imo

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Haas and Rich Energy have officially ended their sponsorship as announced this morning. Haas will be keeping the black and gold livery, just removing the Rich Energy branding.

Farewell fake, non-existent energy drink. Your fifteen minutes of fame lasted about fifteen minutes too long.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Haas should approach Whyte Bikes and see if they can work out a deal. Hell. They already have the logo on the car.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Well earned victory for Ferrari's #1 driver. Good scene at the podium, always like it when they win at Monza.

So the #2 driver at Ferrari...dude needs a sports psychologist. With 3 more points on his license today he needs a clean race the three GPs to avoid a suspension.

Lastly, how did they let Kimi go out on the wrong tires from the pit to start the race? Mistake or intentional? Strange.
By crashing out, Alfa probably thought due to the damage to the back end and starting in the pit lane, that they could pick any tyre they wanted for the race. As far as I know when you start in the pits you can select any tyre you want, unless they changed the regulations that I don't know about.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Also, Ferrari let the wrong driver go. Should have loaned Vettel out to Alfa where there would have been no pressure on him and let him re-discover his racing ability. Kimi would have been a good #2 for Leclerc.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Haas team boss Gunther Steiner says it is proving tough to make a "clear decision" on whether Romain Grosjean or Nico Hulkenberg should be Kevin Magnussen's team-mate for the 2020 Formula 1 season.

Honestly. I don't know why it's that hard. Maybe a negotiating tactic to get Hulk for cheaper? There really shouldn't be much debate here.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't even know why they're clinging to Magnussen.

If I'm running the show I would likely revamp the entire driver lineup. Definitely Hulk and I think I would make a move for Kyvat.

He's shown a lot of pace this season and some real growth from his last stint in F1. I don't know how long Red Bull keeps him around since he's very likely just a stop gap

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If I'm running the show I would likely revamp the entire driver lineup. Definitely Hulk and I think I would make a move for Kyvat.

He's shown a lot of pace this season and some real growth from his last stint in F1. I don't know how long Red Bull keeps him around since he's very likely just a stop gap

I mean, over Grosjean.
Of course I'd prefer Kyvat to Magnussen

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
TV time is worth its weight in gold, so I could see why Haas wants to keep the guy that's in a verbal or/and on track battle with all of his fellow drivers.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Two stories of interest came out today:

Williams and Mercedes agree to power unit deal through 2025.

Werhlein spoke with Haas about a seat, but Steiner said two years out of F1 was too long.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... I can't believe that Mercedes, when looking for a new driver for a drive in 2013, couldn't come up with a better prospect than Nick Heidfeld.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'd be really interested in how things would be looking now if Mercedes went with say Heidfeld instead of Lewis in 2013.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
TV time is worth its weight in gold, so I could see why Haas wants to keep the guy that's in a verbal or/and on track battle with all of his fellow drivers.
Just put it in their contracts that they need to be as whiny and useless as possible, and come up with as many memes as possible

"I think Ericsson hit us" will obviously take some beating, but I'm sure it's possible.

Reactions: SoupyFIN

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
"Romain. The season isn't going very well. We're struggling on the track. Our main sponsor is a shit show scam. We need a distraction"

"I got you, fam"

*Cuts to Grosjean crashing in the pitlane

His value to the team may be higher than we all thought

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Grosjean and Magnussen confirmed for Haas in 2020... Lol that team's a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad