2019 F1

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Has to come down to the fact Grosjean is willing to work for peanuts while Hulk probably wanted too much money.

Looks like unless something insane happens - Hulk is out of F1. Doesn't feel right. Williams is seemingly his only option and there's no way they turn down that Latifi money.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Kubica has announced he's leaving Williams end of season.

Smart. Announce you're breaking up with them before they break up with you.

Gio seems all but confirmed for Alfa next season so that's one less seat for Hulk. Assuming Latifi doesn't just collapse on himself like a dying star... he'll get his super license and take the Williams seat and fund them for a few years.

In theory the only places left would be somewhere within the Red Bull/Toro Rosso camp and that's not going to happen.

Formula E? Test driver?

I know Hulk's career has been underwhelming based on his early hype but he's as consistent and decent a midfield driver as you'll find. Doesn't feel right he doesn't have a drive but I guess it's the nature of the beast.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I don't know what happens to Hulk. He's too young to hang it up, but old enough with too many years in F1 to probably want to make too much of a move down. WEC runs such a limited schedule, but he did win Le Man's in 2015.

Whatever he does, the pay will be way less and it will be much more of a grind than he's used to.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Hulk to Williams is not happening. They'll go for money over skill and I don't think you can really blame them for it. Honestly, if Hulk leaves F1 now I don't see him coming back. Teams are going with their young guns more and more. It'll be sad to see him gone but life is rough and F1 even rougher.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't know what happens to Hulk. He's too young to hang it up, but old enough with too many years in F1 to probably want to make too much of a move down. WEC runs such a limited schedule, but he did win Le Man's in 2015.

Whatever he does, the pay will be way less and it will be much more of a grind than he's used to.

I believe he has said that he is ready to retire from racing for now and think about other options later on should he feel for it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah he's also said he's not desperate to stay in F1 just for the sake of staying in F1.

Feels like a comment directed towards the idea of him driving for Williams but I doubt they were even interested.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Perez's lap in Q2 was amazing all things considered, but why exactly his whole lap was shown while Mercs and Ferrari were ahead of him?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
That's his race completely shot. Singapore is terrible for trying to make up places let alone that many.

In other news. Marko has apparently said the second Red Bull seat will be given to either Albon or Gasly next year. Kyvat seemingly never even considered but I read that he's telling people he's still within the RB program for next season so his Toro Rosso seat is seemingly confirmed.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... I don't even think Ferrari did it on purpose. But the optics are bad, because they just favored the slower (who also happens to be the senior) driver.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Gutted for Leclerc but eh, nice to see Seb end his drought I guess.

I would've been really pissed if Spa and Monza didn't happen prior to that.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Pretty terrific last lap battle between Sainz, Ricciardo and Stroll. Shame we didn't see this on TV and that Stroll overtake was something real pretty.

Surprised there was no contact whatsoever.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Pretty terrific last lap battle between Sainz, Ricciardo and Stroll. Shame we didn't see this on TV and that Stroll overtake was something real pretty.

Surprised there was no contact whatsoever.

And the best thing is -- I'm not even sure this was Stroll's prettiest overtake. He had a absolutely beautiful overtake of, I think it was Kyvat, that came right as Ricciardo was passing Kyvat.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Stroll has done a terrific job at changing the narrative on him this year. In public opinion he's gone from a pay driver who doesn't belong in F1 to being a solid racer, who has shown considerable maturity, who doesn't belong in F1....on Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad