2019 Entry Draft Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
I think if we really want Newhook...we will need to move up to pick him....9 or 10th overall!!!!
More buzz around Newhook and Krebs... Caufield's size could be his liability.
If Newhook is taken, and Caufield is available when we pick at 15.... I would not hesitate to pick him.

Reactions: greyboy67

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm to 45 ranked now, some will change up and down before draft day but it's mostly done. (IN TIERS)

I'm down to these guys for #46

Samuel Fagemo
Henri Thrun
Albert Johansson
Cole Mackay
Brett Leason
Marshall Warren
Blake Murray
Miko Kokkonen
Vladislav Firstov
John Farinacci
Graeme Clarke
Billy Constantinou
Rhett Pitlick
Nathan Légaré

My last ranked is Beecher.

Tough one.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I'm to 45 ranked now, some will change up and down before draft day but it's mostly done. (IN TIERS)

I'm down to these guys for #46

Samuel Fagemo
Henri Thrun
Albert Johansson
Cole Mackay
Brett Leason
Marshall Warren
Blake Murray
Miko Kokkonen
Vladislav Firstov
John Farinacci
Graeme Clarke
Billy Constantinou
Rhett Pitlick
Nathan Légaré

My last ranked is Beecher.

Tough one.

I like Clark ! Would be happy if we select him in the 2nd round. I like his skill set

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I just finished reading comments from on other teams hf board... specifically,
Edmonton (8th)--- Arizona (14th)
It appears buzz is around Newhook, Krebs and Boldy.

8. Edmonton (Krebs, Boldy, Zegras)
9. Anaheim (Broberg, Seider, Boldy)
10. Vancouver ( Newhook, Boldy, Soderstrom)
11. Philadelphia (Caufield, Zegras)
12. Minnesota (Newhook, Krebs, Zegras)
13. Florida (Seider, Broberg, Heinola)
14. Arizona (Newhook, Caufield Krebs,
Zegras)

If Anaheim, Vancouver & Florida take D men that would be awesome for us. 4D including Byram means a quality forward will drop to us.

Reactions: atrud66

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
RIP, dreams of Newhook on the Habs

TZ58B6k_d.jpg

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Hi,

another variable is to look for a personal connection to the Montreal Canadiens. Whom the Montreal scouts might relate through family, friends or location?

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Hi, plz no nepotism in my NHL

I remember Timmins talking about players that were related to the organisation and that was a factor (inside knowledge) when they picked them.

I remember Timmins talking about players that were related to the organisation and that was a factor (inside knowledge) when they picked them.

Another factor is if family is somewhat related to Habs, Habs fans environment, some kind of link to Montreal, etc. I hope this variable is very tiny one even if it increases the odds of maybe adapting to Montreal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I mean there are 11 forwards I'd be thrilled with, so if not Newhook someone else will drop- just need 4 D to go in the first 14 picks and 1 forward will be there.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
I think if we really want Newhook...we will need to move up to pick him....9 or 10th overall!!!!
More buzz around Newhook and Krebs... Caufield's size could be his liability.
If Newhook is taken, and Caufield is available when we pick at 15.... I would not hesitate to pick him.

There's a major buzz growing around Caufield. I don't think he's going to be there at #15.

I would like to see Montreal trade up to #11 to make a play for Caufield. If this guy was 6 feet tall, he would go top five—but he's not, which creates a nice risk-reward opportunity for the Canadiens.

Let's face it. The 15th pick is a crapshoot, so why not roll the dice on a guy who could pay big dividends? I don't know what it would take to get the Flyers to swap picks with Montreal but I'm sure it's in the realm of the possible.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

TZ58B6k_d.jpg

IDK
Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Dach, Tucotte, Cozens, Podkolzin, Krebs, Boldy, Soderstrom, zegras are all guaranteed to go before we pick
I also think its very likely a 2nd defenseman gets picked in the top 14 (Broberg or Heinola)

So thats 12 players, with Caufield and Newhook still available, and 2 teams picking before us.

Gotta think there will be 1 surprise pick, probably knight, brink or kaliyev going before us, or even the 2nd of Broberg/Heinola.

That means Caufield or Newhook would fall to us

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

TZ58B6k_d.jpg

Jost had a better draft year and he still went #10 in a deep draft, let's hope the BCHL factor scares off a few teams and he drops a bit. Tbh i think we'd need to trade up to like #10 or #11 at the very least to draft Newhook tho. TSN/McKenzie also has him at #20 which is another good sign for us (even tho it could not mean much as well, we saw that with Kotkaniemi last year).

Reactions: covfefe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad