Status
Not open for further replies.

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
Me in 2014:
"1 pick until us.. we are guaranteed Pastrnak or Scherbak. **** yes!"

There were some World Junior exhibition games held in Montreal either the Summer before that or that Summer. I went to the Canada vs. Czech Republic game. It was Domi, Duclair, Ekblad, etc. vs. Pastrnak. He was the player that impressed me the most. Couldn't believe he slipped as far as he did in the draft.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Jesus we're flying through a thread a week now eh. Let's all just agree we want one of Heinola, Caufield, or Newhook. If none of them are there, then we can start with the vitriol and mancrushes.

Broberg or Krebs.... possibly a nice consolation...

Reactions: NoQuinn

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
There were some World Junior exhibition games held in Montreal either the Summer before that or that Summer. I went to the Canada vs. Czech Republic game. It was Domi, Duclair, Ekblad, etc. vs. Pastrnak. He was the player that impressed me the most. Couldn't believe he slipped as far as he did in the draft.

He also impressed me at the time.
We should have moved up a couple of
spots and chosen Pasternak.

What about Dorofeyev

If we want Dorofeyev, we should trade down.... expected to go between 20--30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Frank JT

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#SiouxFallsSiouxCity #17/04/2019

Brink excels on attracting many opponents on him. Then, peacefully setting up to his teammates. Clean plays. He forces out to generate plenty of occasions. Less riskier plays.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Next on my list is Brink if those three are gone. What he’s doing in the USHL is pretty nuts. Has a nice combination of skill and compete level that I tend to fall for.

Also not a fan of the other LDs at 15. If I’m spending a top 20 pick on a D it needs to be someone that can drive a pairing. York and Harley are lacking defensively and Broberg lacks IQ. You can find good complimentary top 4 D later in the draft. It’s not worth the investment this early.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Next on my list is Brink if those three are gone. What he’s doing in the USHL is pretty nuts. Has a nice combination of skill and compete level that I tend to fall for.

Also not a fan of the other LDs at 15. If I’m spending a top 20 pick on a D it needs to be someone that can drive a pairing. York and Harley are lacking defensively and Broberg lacks IQ. You can find good complimentary top 4 D later in the draft. It’s not worth the investment this early.
Agreed.

Brink, Teply and Robertson are in the next group, but personally, I have Caufield in that group too.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
An playmaker and an gamebreaker at the same rate.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
On the Blackhawks. I just remembered watching their series on the draft last year, and I believe they had Boqvist/Kotkaniemi in their top 4. I really can't see them not going Turcotte/Dach/Cozens.

It seemed like they wanted Hayton.

Reactions: atrud66

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If someone takes Lavoie ahead of us I'm gonna be so happy..

Not only is it a guy I wouldn't pick but it means someone else great falls.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Ryan suzuki could it be a good pick up from montreal? Its write on eliteprospect that he is the most intelligent player for the next draft. I like he hockey sense. With nick. Could be fun to watch? Next sedin? HHaha

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I would be happy if Heinola goes top 8. Out of nowhere, Detroit picks him 6th overall. That'd be crazy and a guy like Zegras falls. Montreal needs to trade up to grab a falling Zegras or Turcotte.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I would be happy if Heinola goes top 8. Out of nowhere, Detroit picks him 6th overall. That'd be crazy and a guy like Zegras falls. Montreal needs to trade up to grab a falling Zegras or Turcotte.

Think you'd need more than only Heinola in the top 14th for a guy like Zegras to fall.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
@Andrei79 Feeling is probably anywhere from late 5th/early 6th and on.
Unranked in McKenzie's and 157th NA in CSS, so far. But with him being on Newhook's team, a whole lot of scouts got a good look at him, all it takes is one to really like him.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadMslm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->