2019 Entry Draft Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
I really like his movement in the offensive zone. He's never standing still, always keeping an aggressive gap on the opposing forwards, moving into lanes, keeping himself as an option. Really smooth skater too, and he has a way of getting his wrist shot through (at least in this tournament anyways).

Fully agree. He easily passed the eye test for me, and after digging on him a little more I found those great results he had at recent combines, confirming how underrated he actually is :

Sport Testing Combine Showcases On and Off Ice Strengths – Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Arguably the best playoff performer of the decade has been Patrick Kane, he's not big

he's not big, but he's also not 5'6'' too. there's a point where a lack of size becomes detrimental just like having too much size is also bad. being small isn't the biggest problem in this league, but being too small can absolutely be a problem

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
I would rather Kaliyev over Dorothy any day of the week.... Kaliyev has a terrific release... goalies can't react fast enough.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
I might get some hate for that comparison, but Brink sometimes kinda reminds me of Desharnais.

I'm mostly talking about his only strength tho. Quick passes, and patience in tight spaces to make plays in dangerous areas. Kinda like a playmaking Gallagher

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Ya we shouldn't draft Caufield because we already have too many small guys. I'd much rather keep small guys like Peca instead of drafting an insane goalscorer like Caufield.
Yup I just smfh when I hear this garbage at this point. I've spent enough time arguing for Quinn Hughes, Keller ect. Judge the player on what he brings as an individual, not by stereo types. Small players are bad because we need dirty goals in the playoffs, and because he is small he must be a perimeter player........ From a fan base that watches Gallagher every game no less.....ffs...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I might get some hate for that comparison, but Brink sometimes kinda reminds me of Desharnais.

I'm mostly talking about his only strength tho. Quick passes, and patience in tight spaces to make plays in dangerous areas. Kinda like a playmaking Gallagher
An Point'esque portion.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
If Boldy somehow makes it to 10-11 I would trade up for him. I've said it before but he and KK would complement each other so damn well, with both able to seamlessly adapt as playmaker or triggerman when the situation requires.

Two high IQ, puck-dominant dual threats, with size, on the same line...
HeartAttack.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kolyachonok has everything the Habs should looking for at D. Amazing kid, elite skating, smart dynamic left handed defenseman. Probably one of the most underrated kid in the upcoming draft.
I don't think he'll slide in the second round. I hope Habs find a way to get him.
Someone will have to slide in the 2nd round, and if he does, he'll be worth it. There's absolutely no reasons to go for a guy like York, Harley, Broberg in the first. GO FORWARD.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
If Boldy somehow makes it to 10-11 I would trade up for him. I've said it before but he and KK would complement each other so damn well, with both able to seamlessly adapt as playmaker or triggerman when the situation requires.

Let's d:D it

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I would rather Kaliyev over Dorothy any day of the week.... Kaliyev has a terrific release... goalies can't react fast enough.
Dorofeyev is right behind Kaliyev in goalscoring though.

I like Kaliyev more than most here, but it's not close IMO.

He's also reminescent of Desharnais when he used to move his feet early in his career. He created a lot of havoc just by being so agile on his skates. There's a lot more shooting power though.

HeartAttack.jpg
Dare I say the 2020's version of Getlaf/Boldy? Two huge body that can impose their will anyway they want.

This is literally the draft to find that missing offensive piece.
Boldy, Newhook, Dorofeyev, Caufield, and even Brink can take this team over the top if they are what I think they can be.

The only two forwards in the top 15 I wouldn't be too sure about are Krebs and Zegras. Maybe Podkolzin, but the physical package is there for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Dare I say the 2020's version of Getlaf/Boldy? Two huge body that can impose their will anyway they want.

This is literally the draft to find that missing offensive piece.
Boldy, Newhook, Dorofeyev, Caufield, and even Brink can take this team over the top if they are what I think they can be.

The only two forwards in the top 15 I wouldn't be too sure about are Krebs and Zegras. Maybe Podkolzin, but the physical package is there for sure.
Let’s not put Brink and Doro in the same tier as Caufield and Newhook mkay

Reactions: phillytennis

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Drew Helleson.
Wrong. That wasn't even the question.

Ive also seen nothing or very little from Helleson form my viewings. I'd much rather the 5'2 defender on tha team. Thrun is also good.

I really like Bolduc physical attributes, he skate like wine and he have a big shoot. He is one of my favourite prospect in the Q.
I like him too, and I like Korczak. Lots of "not first round" talent on D this year. It's ridiculous to spend a 15th overall on a D, except if hes special like Heinola.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I like him too, and I like Korczak. Lots of "not first round" talent on D this year. It's ridiculous to spend a 15th overall on a D, except if hes special like Heinola.

I personally really like Harley but I won’t have problem with Newhook and Bolduc with the CBS 2nd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad