2019 Entry Draft Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Whats the point of Harley when Bolduc has been just as effective and he's going to be there in the 3rd ?

I really like Harley tools + progression and I think we have the good guys in place with Bouchard Richardson to work on his defensive game. I think he can be a good top 4 even top 2. Reminds me a little bit Sanheim in his draft year

Reactions: S Bah

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Someone will have to slide in the 2nd round, and if he does, he'll be worth it. There's absolutely no reasons to go for a guy like York, Harley, Broberg in the first. GO FORWARD.

I liked Harley before this game....he and York are not great defensively....but Harley is the youngest defenseman in the draft.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
You think Bolduc is talentless ? He's a good skater, good first pass and a good shooter. There's upside there.
I think so. Initializing rushes. His mobility upfront is quite outstanding. A non-static skater.
Occasionally with the Armada, they tryna to tell him to not do so much tho.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Spence go reproduce that type of presences on ice you brought. But into a daily and nightly basis... That's the example of leadership that's must be implemented on you. Like permanently. To be the first to defend and to attack.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

There's lots of plays in this video that are pretty special, but check out 1:18 and 4:15 in particular.

At 1:18 he takes a pass off his skate, peels off a check and goes straight for the net, head up all the way, perfect pass to Riley Hughes.

At 4:15 he streaks into the lane to present the passing option, the pass skips over his stick. No matter, he just circles around, head up again, and sends a ridiculous pass over to Johnson for his 100th point of the season.

When he attacks he is a very high I.Q. player.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think at this point we have to acknowledge that Jamison Rees has some of the highest IQ in the draft.
Exactly what Ive been saying for a while now.

I have a hard time deciding who's the better "Buzzsaw manlet" Robertson, Brink, Rees, Krebs, Caufield, Cajkovic, heck, even Pitlick. I have a really hard time ranking them.

Also, I don't even know if Zegras is better than any of them. Caufield is outproducing him on the same team, but is he better or not ? Hard to say.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
He showed some great vision and playmaking with a willingness to shoot. That big at his age? The upside is pretty great.
He had a couple of nice rushes with the puck and had the ability/sense to change angle before the shot (which is a positive tell for me), it's less the skills and more the ability to use them that I'd have apprehension with. I found him to be a bit behind the play without the puck on his stick. It was my first viewing of him so I haven't written him off, will definitely watch again to see if I see what I'm looking for.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He had a couple of nice rushes with the puck and had the ability/sense to change angle before the shot (which is a positive tell for me), it's less the skills and more the ability to use them that I'd have apprehension with. I found him to be a bit behind the play without the puck on his stick. It was my first viewing of him so I haven't written him off, will definitely watch again to see if I see what I'm looking for.

It's a tough thing too because he's played with men all year, so you go back to the junior game and players tend to struggle with that. Is he behind the play or is he used to the pro game and having an adjustment back to this less structured style?

Hard to say. But for me he's got so many tools that I want to develop this player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad