2019 Entry Draft Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Harley is the youngest D prospect ranked in the first round. It should play for him.

Harley is ranked 20-25 in a lot of places now. Bobby Mac has him at 22 and he talks to NHL scouts. Harley's D and IQ is being questioned right now, albeit he's big and a gawd damn beautiful skater.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I dont remember the numbers exactly, but early in the year he was actually producing and imposing his will on opposing teams.

Byram and him made a complete 180. Byram was uninspiring to start the year, then hit an absolute exponential curve in developpement, while Matthew was great to start and tanked with time to go.

I had Robertson as the best D in the draft for the first two months.

According to you, I had Byram #3-4 all year long (Podkolzin's changed the game a bit, I didnt change my score on Byram at all). It was funny watching you guys change your mind as soon as the possession numbers reverted to their mean...

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Caufield is too small. Yeah i know, the league is going faster, but what did johnny gaudreau during playoff? Nothing. Also, montreal are already a small club. You can’t get a player with size on trade market so we have to draft him

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Caufield is too small. Yeah i know, the league is going faster, but what did johnny gaudreau during playoff? Nothing. Also, montreal are already a small club. You can’t get a player with size on trade market so we have to draft him

What did Tkachuk do? Monahan? Backlund?

The big guys didn't step up either. Calgary is just a shit team.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
I think Harley's a real project. He has the skating and the offensive vision but it's going to take time for him to bulk up and learn the defensive game. If those happen though, he'll be really good.

If Byram is the first defenseman to be picked, I have the following defensemen:
1. Thomas Harley
2. Phillip Broberg
3. Villa Heinola

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
What did Tkachuk do? Monahan? Backlund?

The big guys didn't step up either. Calgary is just a **** team.

Small or Big, you have to be ready to fight to get to those dirty areas in the playoffs, most goals are tip ins and rebounds no more tic tac toe or highlight real goals, players like Gaudreau and Stamkos have a hard time scoring goals because they are perimeter players.

Reactions: atrud66

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Small or Big, you have to be ready to fight to get to those dirty areas in the playoffs, most goals are tip ins and rebounds no more tic tac toe or highlight real goals, players like Gaudreau and Stamkos have a hard time scoring goals because they are perimeter players.

A lot of the goals last night were great set up and quick finishes. Goals are still scored in a variety of ways in the playoffs as well.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
I watched highlights of Dorothy.... I wasn't that impressed....he doesn't have great speed like Tarasenko....looks more like Grigorenko.... I am not at all interested....

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Arguably the best playoff performer of the decade has been Patrick Kane, he's not big

Reactions: WeThreeKings

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012

If Caufield is available at 15....Timmins
should sprint to the podium and call his name.
He is a terrific skater, able to change
direction at will, great on his edges....fabulous vision and magnificent shot.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Kolyachonok has everything the Habs should looking for at D. Amazing kid, elite skating, smart dynamic left handed defenseman. Probably one of the most underrated kid in the upcoming draft.
I don't think he'll slide in the second round. I hope Habs find a way to get him.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Kolyachonok has everything the Habs should looking for at D. Amazing kid, elite skating, smart dynamic left handed defenseman. Probably one of the most underrated kid in the upcoming draft.
I don't think he'll slide in the second round. I hope Habs find a way to get him.

I really like his movement in the offensive zone. He's never standing still, always keeping an aggressive gap on the opposing forwards, moving into lanes, keeping himself as an option. Really smooth skater too, and he has a way of getting his wrist shot through (at least in this tournament anyways).

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Offering you a several and multiple assets with open arms.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
In general, I'm liking this years crop. The forward crop is good, theres good skill at the top and depth through the top 60. Every region has interesting players. The defense lacks in top end talent, but theres depth. Its a good draft to have a number of picks.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad