2019 Entry Draft Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
No reasons to go for Harley when guys like Thomson, Bjornfoot, Knyazev, Johansson, Johnson, Korzcak, Kolyachonok, Kokkonen, Warren, Mysiul, Constantinou, and so many others are going to be on the board.

Heinola has been underwhelming so far at the U18s. Why not include him in that group. Harley is 6'3 mobile and two way game. Isn't too far behind Heinola as a prospect. Kid is not going 2nd round like your above mentioned players.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Heinola has been underwhelming so far at the U18s. Why not include him in that group. Harley is 6'3 mobile and two way game. Isn't too far behind Heinola as a prospect. Kid is not going 2nd round like your above mentioned players.
Heinola is much better than Harley, im 100% certain of it. Come back in two years to tell me I was right.

Heinola has three timea the brain power Harley has and hes been dominating men for 30 games meanwhile Thomas has been struggling against kids. Heinola isnt a bad skater at all, in fact he may have better edges, and hes 181 cm.

Robertson would be really bold.
Hes so good though. One of the most dynamic player in the draft. Also one of the best playmakers.

He was playing on a bad team, basically as a D player with a few weeks from the 2020 cutoff, led his team in points, goals and PPG.

Its a better season or somilar to the seasons Robert Thomas, Frost, Hayton, Dellandrea, Zacha and Konecny had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: atrud66 and Jabba11

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hes so good though. One of the most dynamic player in the draft. Also one of the best playmakers.

He was playing on a bad team, basically as a D player with a few weeks from the 2020 cutoff, led his team in points, goals and PPG.

Its a better season or somilar to the seasons Robert Thomas, Frost, Hayton, Dellandrea, Zacha and Konecny had.

I agree he’s dynamic. Was hoping he’d stick around in the second, but pretty certain he’s going in the first.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Has anyone seen Dorofeyev play? If I gamble I need to know the potential. Speed? Skill? Finisher? Perimeter player? Why is he undervalued?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Has anyone seen Dorofeyev play? If I gamble I need to know the potential. Speed? Skill? Finisher? Perimeter player? Why is he undervalued?
Hes undervalued because he has limited exposure. Didnt play games intentionally, played a bunch of KHL games with low minutes and he dominated in the MHL.

Hes a do it all kind of player. He can beat you anyway you think a player can beat yoj, and then some. Hes probably a top 5 goalscorer in the draft, while being a top 10 playmaker, top 10 stickhandler and top 15 skater. Hes not blazing fast, but his edges and agility are amazing. Reminescent of Kovalev with skating and hands.

He plays the perimeter as well as any player can, because he has that shot that can just beat a goalie 1v1, but he attacks the middle of the ice really often. Ive seen nothing I dont like from Pavel. Hes also one of the smartest player in the draft, if not the smartest.

Hes older though. Which is something.I never like, but I dont think it matters here.

no one talks about him and hes one of the oldest of the draft
Who cares if no one talks about him?

Nobody talked about Romanov last year and he may be our best prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Who cares if no one talks about him?

Nobody talked about Romanov last year and he may be our best prospect.
I was responding to his question as to why he is undervalued. I mean that was quite obvious....

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Limited speed, limited intensity. Undervalued because he plays in a shitty league.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
How does Cam York compares to Charlie McAvoy?

They're nothing alike. York is a classic pmd. Doesn't have a great shot, but can have Markov type vision. Wish he had Marky's shot.

Great from his own blueline up, including neutral zone. Not so great in his own zone, but he's working on it. Strength wise, he needs a lot of work there. Smooth skater.

You either like him or you don't. Not a lot of middle ground. He's more Ghost than McAvoy.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
They're nothing alike. York is a classic pmd. Doesn't have a great shot, but can have Markov type vision. Wish he had Marky's shot.

Great from his own blueline up, including neutral zone. Not so great in his own zone, but he's working on it. Strength wise, he needs a lot of work there. Smooth skater.

You either like him or you don't. Not a lot of middle ground. He's more Ghost than McAvoy.
Watching York in this tourney and he's further ahead physically and defensively than I originally thought.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Constantinou intriguing me. Not recognized at his full value. Has the potential to be really a super defenseman. Don't act as you're already one of them. Prove it by the hard work.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
I really like Matthew Robertson and I think he might have one of the highest ceilings in this draft. I know 15 is too early but he'd be my main target to trade up for in the late 1st.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You'd have to think that if he had produced 0.85ppg instead of 0.63ppg he'd be in the conversation for that 10-15 range. He has all the tools and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes PPG next year!
I dont remember the numbers exactly, but early in the year he was actually producing and imposing his will on opposing teams.

Byram and him made a complete 180. Byram was uninspiring to start the year, then hit an absolute exponential curve in developpement, while Matthew was great to start and tanked with time to go.

I had Robertson as the best D in the draft for the first two months.

Reactions: NekkiChiconey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad