2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Who here's watched Nikita Alexandrov ?

I'm honestly having trouble keeping up with all these players this year. It might be just a feeling, but my viewings to date gives the impression of a really deep draft class.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
What's everyone opinion on Cabotin? Think he's a low 2nd round pick? High 3rd? How does he compare to others players of his position?

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I am madly in love with Korczak. Plays like a vet, breaks up passes, good shot from the point. Gives the opponent absolutely nothing. Definitely moving his way up the list.

Foote reminds me of Cammalleri, but with size. He's listed at 6'3 but looks, or at least plays even bigger than that. Blistering wrist shot.

As for our boy Walford, he's definitely one of those guys who is a lot better when he has the puck than without it. Made some nice passes but had to cover for his partners mistakes a lot. Also seems be have good leadership qualities I've noticed. Even before he got the A, I've heard great things about him from coaches and players alike.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wouldn't even be mad if this team finished higher and we got to pick Artur boi. He's as legit a sniper as I ever saw. Puts Wahlstrom to shame. (Ok maybe not, theyre similar.)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Wouldn't even be mad if this team finished higher and we got to pick Artur boi. He's as legit a sniper as I ever saw. Puts Wahlstrom to shame. (Ok maybe not, theyre similar.)

Him and Dach both have 22 in 12, Kaliyev's 13 goals are crazy though. If they both keep this pace up, it'd be hard for me to even take Dach over Kaliyev. Kaliyev may be in that Svechnikov tier of goal scorers

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Him and Dach both have 22 in 12, Kaliyev's 13 goals are crazy though. If they both keep this pace up, it'd be hard for me to even take Dach over Kaliyev. Kaliyev may be in that Svechnikov tier of goal scorers
Goalscoring wise ? He's as good as Stamkos IMO, from what Ive seen the last two years.

Obviously he's nowhere near as dynamic and multidimensional a threat as Stamkos was, but we may be looking at a 50 goal scorer in the bigs.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Didn't watch most of the game, but McMichael played well from what I saw. First viewing though, if you can call it that.

In other news, Soderstrom made his SHL team. There's a shift by shift up.

I'm also wondering if posters here would want to share a google drive. Say, if someone (or many) would all try together to ugh... Share things they record with a screen recorder. I was thinking vids of funny cats.

On that subject, I'm watching an under 18 cat video I recorded. Just finishing the 1st period and my most improved player from last year is Body. I commented on him in one of the earlier threads, but his puckhandling, skating and shot are all improved. Its been a few viewings this year, but he seems like he gets that you need to be deceptive, use screens, shoot differentl every time to be a scorer at the next level.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Guelph, no clue where Primeau is rated but I'm guessing there will be interest since he's a 6'5 center and seems to move well for a big guy. Scored a goal, but didn't really notice him too much. One guy I liked was the defensemen Owen Lalonde, he was passed over last summer, but might be worth a 7th round pick. Skates well, moved the puck and seemed solid in his own end. If not maybe a guy to invite to development camp.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Guys im hoping we can draft (with our first and/or an acquired 1rst):
Kakko
Broberg (the real gem)
Honka
Kakkonen
Suzuki (to get that brother tandem)
Kaliyev
Pelletier

With our seconds:
Naussbaumer

And if he somehow slides, package some picks and players:
Caufield (10-13 range)
Podkolzin (9-12 range)

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Does anyone even watch Hughes play? What has he done so far? There's a lot of good young players out there and it's not worth it to tank this year, we should tank next year instead.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Does anyone even watch Hughes play? What has he done so far? There's a lot of good young players out there and it's not worth it to tank this year, we should tank next year instead.

Given the ages of our players and their expected development, we are more likely to be better next year. Granted, we can end up being terrible of course, but odds are more likely we won’t unintentionally tank next year.

Hughes is Hughes, but there is some ridiculous talent in the top-10 this year; Kakko, Dach, Cozens, Byram and Broberg to name a few. Would Lafreniere or Byfield be better? Maybe, but I wouldn’t mind having Kakko or Dach in our top-6.

As for Poehling, I’m sure he’ll slot into our middle-6 nicely. Upside I am hoping is 2C as I like Olofsson as our potential 3C.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015

This is one of the deepest drafts in a while. I think we will get a pretty good talent no matter where we finish

Reactions: dralaf

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I watched his game against Minnesota and against Harvard.

His skill are already elite, his edges are insane and he gets a lot of his points from pro plays. Caveat is this year he's coasting and trying to out Drouin Drouin which is annoying and won't work in the NHL, but he's still making legit plays which is reassuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad