Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Pronman's early rankings

1. Jack Hughes, C, USNTDP-USHL

2. Kaapo Kakko, LW, TPS-Liiga
Kakko’s been playing a major role for TPS to start the season, being a top-line forward for his Liiga team. His skill level and playmaking are high-end and border on elite. He can beat defenders 1-on-1 with ease, maneuvers very well in small areas and can create offense out of nothing. He won’t wow you with physicality or speed, both are about average for me and he needs to bulk up quite a bit, but he has the potential to be a premier playmaker off the wing in the NHL due to his skill. He also has a very good shot and can beat goalies from a distance.

3. Kirby Dach, C, Saskatoon-WHL
Dach has the kind of tools you dream of when thinking of an ideal prospect. A 6-foot-4, right-handed center, with high-end puck skills and hockey sense who can skate competently is the kind of prospect you can easily see impacting the NHL. He’s been on fire to start the WHL season, and I’ve been very impressed by his offensive creativity and ability to see the ice.

4. Matt Boldy, LW, USNTDP-USHL
Boldy’s development has been something to behold as a guy who wasn’t considered a top guy in his age group a few years ago is now considered one of the very best prospects in the 2019 class. His skill level is very high and his hockey IQ is elite. His creativity is ridiculous and his ability to make unique plays with consistency is quite noticeable. Since first coming into the USNTDP, he’s shot up two inches to 6-foot-2, and his skating, considered a weakness by some scouts I talked to last season, hasn’t seemed that affected — if anything, it’s improved.

5. Trevor Zegras, C, USNTDP-USHL
When I talk to my USA based sources about Zegras, the word Clayton Keller gets thrown around quite a bit. He’s got a ton of high-end tools. His speed, puck skills and vision all get plus grades. He can drive play and create chances with frequency but needs to bulk up and be better in battles. He’ll be the No. 2 center on the NTDP behind Hughes, but a careful observation of his abilities will reveal a player who can be a game breaker in the pros.

6. Vasili Podkolzin, RW, St. Petersburg-MHL
Podkolzin is a very fun player to watch. He’s very skilled and can make unique plays as a puck handler and passer, but it’s the energy he brings to every shift that is noticeable. He’s a fierce competitor, who battles hard for every puck and always believes he has a lane to take pucks to the net. His stride is a little weird but powerful, and he can get up the ice with above-average speed.

7. Cozens
8. Turcotte
9. Byram
10. Gutik
11. Suzuki

12. Lavoie
13. Krebs
14. Caufield
15. N.Robertson
16. Honka
17. Newhook
18. Broberg
19. Likhachyov

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The only thing that sticks out, aside from a few names, is his take on Kakko, that he doesn't wow you with physicality.

If anything that's been the most impressive aspect of his start in Liiga. He puts grown men on their asses and they have to hook and hold to take it away from him.

Yeah that...that means Pronman hasn't been watching him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The best thing to do is take the rank ISS gives anyone over 6 foot 1 and the rank Pronman gives them and take the number in the middle.

Also do that for players under 5'10

ISS is obsessed with size. Pronman is obsessed with little skilled dudes.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
What's the logic behind Gutik over Dorofeyev, or even Spiridonov ?
I'm assuming Hlinka + being almost a full year younger. I haven't watched Loko games yet so I can't comment on his start but Gutik really impressed me with u18s.

That said, people will have to start taking note of Dorofeyev if he can translate some of those chances in the KHL. He needs more ice though, he had three shifts, 2:23 today.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So.

Who is Andrei Pribylsky? A late '00 dman with a pair of helpers through 8 KHL games. Though there's not really a precedent, those sound like first round numbers, I hope to be able to watch him soon.

Got to see him today he is a little undersized but not surprising for his age. He started off barely playing but got more ice as the game went on. He looks to have some decent offensive skills, skating was fine.

Reactions: Habs76

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm assuming Hlinka + being almost a full year younger. I haven't watched Loko games yet so I can't comment on his start but Gutik really impressed me with u18s.

That said, people will have to start taking note of Dorofeyev if he can translate some of those chances in the KHL. He needs more ice though, he had three shifts, 2:23 today.

Sure, I get how that performance could get him in the top 31, but Dorofeyev's having a strong season by D+1 standards and he has the speed+skill package everyone tends to look for in the 1st.

Reactions: G0bias

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Anybody knows anything about Nathan Légaré from the Baie Comeau Drakkar?
He's leading the QJMHL in scoring at 17 years old.
From my one viewing, I didn't see much. He's an average skater and he's not a shooter nor a playmaker, could have the potential to become a grinder. Gets the majority of his chances off rebounds and just being in the right place at the right tame for tap ins.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
From my one viewing, I didn't see much. He's an average skater and he's not a shooter nor a playmaker, could have the potential to become a grinder. Gets the majority of his chances off rebounds and just being in the right place at the right tame for tap ins.
Thank you!
I got curious when i noticed that he had 29 points in 62 games as a 16 years old. I also noticed his size, 6 feet and already over 200 pounds. 7 goals and 8 assists in 8 games, as a 17 years old, is very good.

Baie Comeau seems loaded though.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Last part is what I wanted to post.

Same as you, one viewing up to now. No standout skill, but good shot selections and a nice release. What did standout is his offensive awareness. He knows how to find space and position himself.

I have to watch a bit more though.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
I've only watched a few Loko games so far but I wasn't too impressed with Gutik really. He's a player that looks good when he has the puck but everything else looks like a work in progress. Tbh I found myself more impressed with Beryozkin who's 2020 eligible but that's just my initial impression.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Does anyone think Byram has a Chychrun like fall?

I’ve been feeling this way before the summer began. I think he needs to show more offence to be a true top-5 pick, though still think he is easily going top-10. He has a lot of elite tools, but not sure if he’s going to be the stud #1D teams all want/need.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad