2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is where you guys frequently go wrong. You pigeonhole a player as a type. You did it to Mantha, you did it to Poehling, and you did it to Tkachuk.
No.

Its just evaluating the players for what they are, and so far, none of these are far off from what "the hivemind" has said they'd be. What is Mantha really ? Is it far off from what we used to call him ? No, it's actually exactly that. Tkachuk is tracking as a top 6 winger, is it wrong ? No.

Poehling has exceeded expectations.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
No.

Its just evaluating the players for what they are, and so far, none of these are far off from what "the hivemind" has said they'd be. What is Mantha really ? Is it far off from what we used to call him ? No, it's actually exactly that. Tkachuk is tracking as a top 6 winger, is it wrong ? No.

Poehling has exceeded expectations.
As of today, I imagine all three of those players teams are very happy with their selection.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
And... again, whats wrong with the assessment made ?
The only thing we disagree on is whether that player is worth a pick in the late lottery. I imagine that is where he will be selected and that the team that selects him will ultimately be happy with their pick. Feel free to disagree.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The only thing we disagree on is whether that player is worth a pick in the late lottery. I imagine that is where he will be selected and that the team that selects him will ultimately be happy with their pick. Feel free to disagree.
Being happy with the pick, and the pick being the right one isn't always the same thing.

Are we happy with Poehling ? Sure.

Is it the right pick ? I doubt it, there's probably two number one Dman that were picked 10 spots below, and a few top 6 players.

Are they happy with Tkachuck ? Obviously.

Is it the right pick if Boqvist develops into a 50+ points 1D ? If Wahlstrom scores 50? If Zadina scores 50?

Reactions: groovejuice

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Being happy with the pick, and the pick being the right one isn't always the same thing.

Are we happy with Poehling ? Sure.

Is it the right pick ? I doubt it, there's probably two number one Dman that were picked 10 spots below, and a few top 6 players.

Are they happy with Tkachuck ? Obviously.

Is it the right pick if Boqvist develops into a 50+ points 1D ? If Wahlstrom scores 50? If Zadina scores 50?
Same could be said for Kotka? See how that works? Hindsight is always a beautiful thing, but any time you draft a player for a role and he fulfills that role you are happy with the pick.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I wish we sent pacioretty for a first or something to a bubble team... pull a colorado and pick up a possible lottery pick. Imagine that.
That's the smart move. As soon as I found out he was off to Vegas, I was praying for a 1st- not that they'll do bad this year, but I don't think they're a for sure playoff team either.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Thomas Harley, 6'3 dman close to a PPG with Mississauga, August birthday - looks like someone to keep an eye on. Someone aware me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrei79

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
As much as I am a fan of Turcotte, boy hasnt shown enough to be in the top 5 anymore. Sad, might have misjudged him.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Turcotte has been out for over a month, you jabroni. He pretty much hasn't played yet.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Makes sense.

As much as I am a fan of Turcotte, boy hasnt shown enough to be in the top 5 anymore. Sad, might have misjudged him.

remember what you told me when i had Cozens and Dach in my top 5 ahead of Turcotte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->