2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Question as a leaf fan: are you guys happy you are doing well? Or would you just get that elusive 1C in jack hughes and then really be set with a 1-2 of him and kotka?

Reactions: SakuKoivu11

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Not happy, this team isnt good enough to compete, we need more high end players.
Hopefully hughes can go to Montreal and we can both be good at once. I want to see the rivalry picked up in the playoffs. Plus the second best fans in the league deserve better:sarcasm::naughty:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hopefully hughes can go to Montreal and we can both be good at once. I want to see the rivalry picked up in the playoffs. Plus the second best fans in the league deserve better:sarcasm::naughty:

We don't even need Hughes per say. Kakko or Dach would do the job. That and more firsts/2nds. A new head scout to replace Churla would be great too.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Columbus looks ready to self-destruct with Bob and Panarin any second now... CBJ 2nd could be top-40

I previously thought top 50 (+/-) but I agree with you that there is a possibility it's lower. Good news for us.

Question as a leaf fan: are you guys happy you are doing well? Or would you just get that elusive 1C in jack hughes and then really be set with a 1-2 of him and kotka?

Hughes would be nice but look how close were were to get Dahlin and it didn't happen. We just need top 5 or top 10 picks in each of the next two drafts and we will see you in the playoffs in 3 years from now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ER89

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Difficult question. If it was cut and dry we would get Hughes be different. But even a terrible team has a slim chance of getting him. Lots of bad teams in NHL

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Dach with a good one tonight. Tied the game with 2 minutes left off a quick snapshot after faking his man to the outside. Struggled on faceoffs but his stickwork and reads in his zone were excellent.

If I had to pick at his game, I'd like to see him score from a distance as his shooting ability seems to have taken another step this year. And maybe get a bit uglier in 1-on-1 battles - he's not afraid to do it but guys are getting chippier against him. Otherwise, he's running away with the #3 spot. AlexAlex was a freakin stud too.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we're not picking top ten we better be picking twice more in the 1st. **** that noise.
If season ended today we would be picking 22nd. Lots of talent available around there. Kaliyev, Bjornfot, Guskov, Caufield or Nolan Foote territory. I would like to have an extra pick in the first round though. Can you imagine 2 of the above?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
What do you think of Samuel Poulin? With 9 goals in 15 games, his goals scorred have jumped from last season. Had a bad playoff last year though, something I look at in drafting.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Dach with a good one tonight. Tied the game with 2 minutes left off a quick snapshot after faking his man to the outside. Struggled on faceoffs but his stickwork and reads in his zone were excellent.

If I had to pick at his game, I'd like to see him score from a distance as his shooting ability seems to have taken another step this year. And maybe get a bit uglier in 1-on-1 battles - he's not afraid to do it but guys are getting chippier against him. Otherwise, he's running away with the #3 spot. AlexAlex was a freakin stud too.

What do you mean by distance though ? When I see guys score from 25 feet out without screens or deception I see guys who wont score in the NHL.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
What do you mean by distance though ? When I see guys score from 25 feet out without screens or deception I see guys who wont score in the NHL.
I think it's fine as long as they know to vary their shot selection. I'd like to see that it's part of his arsenal. If goalies and defenders have to respect the shot, this opens up more passing options for him.

I've seen a good share of his games this season and he's noticeably more confident in his shooting ability than he was last year so this could very well be a matter of time until he shows that dimension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Not happy, but Kakko > Hughes anyways.

We'll fall off sooner or later.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I'm starting to like the possibility of getting Kakko and Kokkonen with the teams first two picks. I'm going to have to add a new # to #PlayLikeKakka4Kakko. How about #GoKooKoo4Kokko ?

I know that with Kokkonen's recent play, the Habs would probably need to obtain a second 1st round pick, but it would be an impressive haul if it were to happen, no?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'm starting to like the possibility of getting Kakko and Kokkonen with the teams first two picks. I'm going to have to add a new # to #PlayLikeKakka4Kakko. How about #GoKooKoo4Kokko ?

I know that with Kokkonen's recent play, the Habs would probably need to obtain a second 1st round pick, but it would be an impressive haul if it were to happen, no?
I'm not stoked about the idea of drafting Kokkonen in the first. He's had a lot of exposure and is further along in his development than others, but I question his potential. Small, average skating, lacks offense, though he's not a bad puckmover. If his physical/defensive game is overpowered by NHL teams, he'll be rendered totally useless.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I'd like to take a long hard look at Kaid Oliver as an overager. Probably the Almeida of this draft.

If we're gonna draft a goalie I think one of Wolf, Miner, Maier, or Søgaard from the Dub would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad