2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Were have you heard that ?
i suppose that it was on the main draft-rookies board but i am not sure . There was a video where he kept the puck for a very very long time and the linemates were in good position several time but he didn't make a pass .

You read that on the main board thread. Hughes does worse imo.

I just watched Kakko again and honestly, every single chance he got would in the NHL. Actually, he would have had 2 assists if he was on an NHL first line. Just an impressive player that knows how to force the opposition to make mistakes.
i just saw few highlights of him , but each time i think to myself that the young guy don't use his linemates at all .For sure Kakko is very very skilled and my only concern is about this aspect of his game . How it will translate in the NHL ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
i just saw few highlights of him , but each time i think to myself that the young guy don't use his linemates at all .For sure Kakko is very very skilled and my only concern is about this aspect of his game . How it will translate in the NHL ?

He uses his linemates pretty well for his age, they miss the chances he creates a lot I find.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Using his teammates is probably Kakkos (and hughes) best trait. He makes players around him better.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
i suppose that it was on the main draft-rookies board but i am not sure . There was a video where he kept the puck for a very very long time and the linemates were in good position several time but he didn't make a pass .

I expect him to be better on small ice. He likes to work in small spaces, along the boards and corners. The less ice there is, the better. Great stickhandling and fast turning.

He is a great and smart passer. I think holding on to the puck too much is a junior thing. NHL will weed it out of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrei79 and Mrb1p

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Kakko doesn't pass just for the sake of passing. He knows what he can do with the puck on his stick, and he knows he can create chances at a higher rate than most of his teammates. It's better for the team if he holds onto the puck and finds those perfect scenarios to score himself or set up a teammate.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is it too much to ask for an affordable CHL stream ?

I buy them the next day since it's half price or there abouts but even that gets pricey after you watch a handful. I'm already pushing 100 bucks spent for every Laval game + a month of every NCHC home game + a handful of CHL games a day or two after (and it sucks that I can't stream them in my VLC player cause you can't go full screen on crappy neulions player.

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hockey broadcasting is shit... I shouldn't have to buy a damn cable subscription to watch the Habs. There needs to be something that gets you CHL/AHL/NHL At least for like 300 a year. Id pay the f*** outta that.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I buy them the next day since it's half price or there abouts but even that gets pricey after you watch a handful. I'm already pushing 100 bucks spent for every Laval game + a month of every NCHC home game + a handful of CHL games a day or two after (and it sucks that I can't stream them in my VLC player cause you can't go full screen on crappy neulions player.

The thing I hate most about Neulions is you never know if you're getting the crappy local feed or if you're getting a higher quality feed with good angles. I just can't sift through a game where the camera sucks.

Reactions: montreal

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
So, as I am a little paranoid of our chances of actually missing the playoffs, who should we be looking at from say #15 to end of the first?

Reactions: Mrb1p

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
So, as I am a little paranoid of our chances of actually missing the playoffs, who should we be looking at from say #15 to end of the first?

I think we're likely to pick there even if we miss the playoffs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
At around 15-20 we still can grab York, Robertson, Soderstrom or Zegras if were lucky.
Krebs and York would be real good target Id like to aim for. Kokko also.

Id rather Caufield and Nussbaumer to Robertson, from what Ive seen.

Even finishing 15 gives us a pretty good chance at something great. Turcotte, Newhook, Broberg, Byram, etc could fall out of the top 10.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Krebs and York would be real good target Id like to aim for. Kokko also.

Id rather Caufield and Nussbaumer to Robertson, from what Ive seen.

Even finishing 15 gives us a pretty good chance at something great. Turcotte, Newhook, Broberg, Byram, etc could fall out of the top 10.
Kakko, Hughes, Cozens, Dach, Byram, Turcotte, Newhook, Kaliyev, Podkolzin, Broberg, Suzuki, Boldy, Lavoie, Krebs, Zegras, Honka, York, Robertson, Soderstrom and Kokkonen so far is what I think I'd have as my top in my top 20. All very good players.

I need to see more of Nussbaumer but Caufield hasn't impressed me all that much.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad