Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Cute. Notice how Cozens is in every top 5.

Notice how Dach had 6 goals last year? On their d-1, Turcotte looks much better than Dach.

Cozens was in a lot of pre season top 5's? He didn't even make hockeyprospects top 10 (neither did Dach). And yea keep talking to me about prospects when all you do is look is make hot takes based on eliteprospect stats. Next time i mention a prospect don't be a smartass.. "DID YOU MAKE A MAIN BOARD THREAD ON HIM YET?".

Reactions: Habs76

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Yeah, well, thats what Im saying, hard to have him where Id want him to be with a weak start to the season and the injury.
I'm fine with bumping others ahead, specially Dach and Cozens because of their good Hlinkas and starts to the season. But this is the part I don't follow, how can Turcotte have been weak or disappointing when he's only played two pre-season games? That's a crazy small sample - if we can even consider it one - to come to such an evaluation.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
My first impressions are that this draft is so good, it has basically everything and runs deep into the first.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm fine with bumping others ahead, specially Dach and Cozens because of their good Hlinkas and starts to the season. But this is the part I don't follow, how can Turcotte have been weak or disappointing when he's only played two pre-season games? That's a crazy small sample - if we can even consider it one - to come to such an evaluation.
Wait, am I crazy or wasnt he at the u18 too? :laugh: what the heck

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
was looking at the USHL stats, saw a few guys are off to good starts Bobby Brink (Denver commit in 2 years), Vladislav Firstov, Shane Pinto (North Dakota commit in 2 years), Yegor Afanasyev (Michigan St commit next year) anyone see much USHL?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Interestingly, I'm watching a game where Byram is productive and tbh, not only does he not look good, he plays slows, his passes are soft, I'm not a fan if his breakout options or how he defends the rush and none of his points would translate to the NHL.

Expecting some big improvements if he's really going to go top 10. I'm going to have to go all Bouchard on him and watch a lot of games,cause I'm not seeing what everyone's seeing yet. Will give him benefit of the doubt for now though as he did make some real good plays.

Cozens was in a lot of pre season top 5's? He didn't even make hockeyprospects top 10 (neither did Dach). And yea keep talking to me about prospects when all you do is look is make hot takes based on eliteprospect stats. Next time i mention a prospect don't be a smartass.. "DID YOU MAKE A MAIN BOARD THREAD ON HIM YET?".

You should post more here, your read of the game is excellent, imo.

We could draft 11-12th and still could get a very strong prospect...

Who are your early favorites ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Interestingly, I'm watching a game where Byram is productive and tbh, not only does he not look good, he plays slows, his passes are soft, I'm not a fan if his breakout options or how he defends the rush and none of his points would translate to the NHL.

Expecting some big improvements if he's really going to go top 10. I'm going to have to go all Bouchard on him and watch a lot of games,cause I'm not seeing what everyone's seeing yet. Will give him benefit of the doubt for now though as he did make some real good plays.
Same.

And I wouldnt even link Bouchard to him, Bouchard creates simple offense and will create on his shooting alone, but Byram just doesnt seem to have it for me.

Juolevi anyone?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Same.

And I wouldnt even link Bouchard to him, Bouchard creates simple offense and will create on his shooting alone, but Byram just doesnt seem to have it for me.

Juolevi anyone?

I meant to compare my skepticism of them as high end prospects, not their games. I think part of Bouchard's offense translates well to the NHL, it's the rest of his game that I wondered about.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I still think Byram looked better a year ago (or was it two?) than he does now. I'm not seeing progress. That scares me. He's a guy you want to like though.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I still think Byram looked better a year ago (or was it two?) than he does now. I'm not seeing progress. That scares me. He's a guy you want to like though.
I think he's ovescouted a bit too. He's a kid with tremendous physical abilities but his head is not exactly there, never really took the next step.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I don't see much of the concerns everyone sees in Byram. I see a smooth skating defenseman, with an active stick in the defensive zone, not afraid to play physical, can QB a powerplay, play the PK and great passing ability.

He's not a Hughes or Boqvist offensively but I see some Morgan Rielly in him.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I agree with you actually. Kakko has always been very close to Hughes for me and as of now, he's been more impressive.
That's what worry me about me ; he's more impressive , spectacular but he would be much better if he would use his linemates instead of keeping the puck the way he does .

i read that his linemates don't want to give him the puck because they don't like his selfish way to keep it . Not a team player

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's what worry me about me ; he's more impressive , spectacular but he would be much better if he would use his linemates instead of keeping the puck the way he does .

i read that his linemates don't want to give him the puck because they don't like his selfish way to keep it . Not a team player
Were have you heard that ?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

You read that on the main board thread. Hughes does worse imo.

I just watched Kakko again and honestly, every single chance he got would in the NHL. Actually, he would have had 2 assists if he was on an NHL first line. Just an impressive player that knows how to force the opposition to make mistakes.

Boldy is highkey one of the biggest sleepers in the draft, should be a legitimate top six goalscorer

Hes real good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->