2019 Entry Draft Thread (HF Draft Discord server, post #652)

Who are we finally drafting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Yeah this is definitely worst case scenario for me in regards to who goes before our pick. If thats the way the draft goes I hope we trade down with LA but I doubt we will.

Really can't get psyched for York.

Well, the odds of all of the US development team's highly-ranked guys living up to their rankings are incredibly slim. There are probably a couple of busts in the group, question is, which ones?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Button has us passing on Podkolzin to take Harley

Button is just Eklund + a resume, he is a clown in the scouting community.

Theyre all clowns.

KpJEnrX.jpg

Last edited:

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Aside from the Cozens pick, I like that mock draft. And I like it especially for a really bad reason...I know I will be frustrated, again, this year so seeing Broberg, Seider and Newhook leave back to back to back before we pick would be awesomly bad.....But having York will be fine too. When all is said and done, don't think we will regret it.

McKeen's 2019 NHL Group Mock Draft - Round One of Three

What do you think of that part on Krebs at no.8 : «The Oiler’s can’t afford this first round pick to be a flop and Krebs is about as close to a sure things as you can find at eight. Even with the most recent injury and surgery he is still a low risk play.»

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Excited about our 2nd round possibilities. There are always guys that drop 10-20 spots and I wouldn't be shocked if one or more of these guys is still around at 46/50:
Heinola
Thomson
Suzuki
Hoglander
Brink
Legare
Bjornfot
Tracey
Rees
If Heinola or Suzuki, Thomson, Brink or Bjornfot are there in the 2nd it will be the VERY start, most likely 1st rounders - easy.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Timmins says he wants a guy with "dimensional attributes". What he means by that is a player that is excellent at one or two thing (e.g. shot, skating, checking, etc.). He also says that the start of the second round will be quite good.

So does that mean there's fire to the Thomson pick? Does it mean we want to trade down? Who knows, but there's interesting quotes there.

Timmins: 'It's five times the work as it was for pick No. 3'

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Timmins says he wants a guy with "dimensional attributes". What he means by that is a player that is excellent at one or two thing (e.g. shot, skating, checking, etc.). He also says that the start of the second round will be quite good.

So does that mean there's fire to the Thomson pick? Does it mean we want to trade down? Who knows, but there's interesting quotes there.

oh good we're not picking York then since he's excellent at NOTHING!! @ me don't @ me I don't care.

Reactions: habsfan891

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
"One of the most important pieces of information we gather is regarding personality. We put a lot of stock into that, specifically special areas such as character, competitiveness, confidence, areas that young players need to have. There's also the will and the drive to put the effort in to get better and to do the work to get better as hockey players," shared Timmins.

RIP Kaliyev, Lavoie, Suzuki

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

I get refining your draft strategy but its like the Habs try a different angle every year.

Last year it was focus on skill , speed , quick decisions and execution and high ceiling players. Made sense to me.

WTH is this dimension stuff ( yes, I am not a scout ) and what rounds ? I mean lovely a guy can skate, or hit etc, but that adds up to what , especially depending on the attribute ?

Years ago I heard that a common strategy by NHL scouts in later rounds was to look for a guy who at least had one very strong attribute because he could possibly leverage that into a NHL career. Good fighter so could be an enforcer , strong skater could be energy guy and on the PK with a strong forecheck. Role players.

I like high ceiling guys like TT said we were gunning for last year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
no my point is there won't be 6. Phenoms was a bad choice of word though more so 6 'players deemed worth of a top 15 pick'. Big gap but I went for brevity
Right, York and Zegras are going to disappoint.

But I need to address that the 2015 edition of the US program had Matthews, Tkachuk, Keller, McAvoy, White, Fischer, Roslovic, Terry, Bracco, Kunin, Greenway, Krys all on the same edition.

You have to keep in mind that this is the very best of the US, its team USA, just like team Canada.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Podkolzin falls to 15. All of the other consensus top 12 or so are gone including Newhook. What do you do?

A) run to the podium and take him
B) hesitate before reluctantly taking him
C) draft someone else (or trade down)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Grant McCregg is the clown...he has Lassi Thomson as the third best defenseman in the draft.
No wonder, he is no longer a Hab scout.

There are a lot of clowns in the prognostications and scouting business. I worked with the one that was flagged at the time but you can easily come up with your own list and it'll probably be just as good.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Does anyone have any information regarding the Habs holding their own European workouts with potential selections during the upcoming draft??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad