2019 Entry Draft Thread (HF Draft Discord server, post #652)

Who are we finally drafting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I’m so torn on taking a D in the 1st. If we are convinced the guy is top 4 material, great, and my limited viewings of Seider, Heinola, York and Soderstrom do support that thought. But I’m seeing a lot of intriguing D ranked outside of the 1st:

- Korczak
- Johnson
- Kolyachonok
- Misyul
- Knyazev sp?
- Bolduc
- Johansson
- Ahac
- Zach Jones
- Spence
- Fairbrother

Don’t get me wrong, there’s a gap between those guys and the D ranked in the 1st. But I feel that gap is smaller than it is for the draft’s comparably-ranked forwards. Just something I’ve been mulling over...think I saw b1p mention something similar

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Well, the odds of all of the US development team's highly-ranked guys living up to their rankings are incredibly slim. There are probably a couple of busts in the group, question is, which ones?

Are you suggesting the fact that they were on the same team actually changes their odds of success?

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Philly is really high on Boldy but with Knight being available at #11 i could see them finally getting there franchise goalie.......now with that being said, lets say Boldy drops to #15. If i was the GM of the habs i would call Fletcher up and make this offer.....
To Philly.....pick#15, Shaw and Byron
To Mtl....Gostisbehere, Ratcliffe

Just playing armchair GM.......can hardly wait for Friday night

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Philly is really high on Boldy but with Knight being available at #11 i could see them finally getting there franchise goalie.......now with that being said, lets say Boldy drops to #15. If i was the GM of the habs i would call Fletcher up and make this offer.....

Philly already have their franchise goaltender.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Are you suggesting the fact that they were on the same team actually changes their odds of success?
Playing on a stacked team makes it easier for a player with a habit of making poor decisions (especially under pressure) able to hide this by playing with really good line mates. Other things like being able to pad your stats, not being stressed out or having to play really hard all the time (like when you’re up 7-2 at the end of 2 periods) .

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Philly has Carter Hart, the kid is a stud, it would be batsh** crazy for them to take Knight at 11.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Playing on a stacked team makes it easier for a player with a habit of making poor decisions (especially under pressure) able to hide this by playing with really good line mates. Other things like being able to pad your stats, not being stressed out or having to play really hard all the time (like when you’re up 7-2 at the end of 2 periods) .

That freaking program builds familiarity, which helps fuel their WJC teams.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

If boldy drops to 15 we take boldy. Also Philly has Carter Hart. That's their franchise goalie

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
The trend really seems to be that C's are getting picked higher and higher. Who are some C's that may shoot up into the top 15 like Hayton and Dellandrea last year?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is Philly high on Boldy? The rest of that post was so bad I don't know if it's true.

The trend really seems to be that C's are getting picked higher and higher. Who are some C's that may shoot up into the top 15 like Hayton and Dellandrea last year?

Tomasino is the only one.. outside shot at McMichael.. but the best C's are at the top, Hughes-Dach-Turcotte-Zegras. After that, you've got Cozens who's gonna end up on the W imo and then it's Tomasino.

Last edited by a moderator:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Tomasino is the only one.. outside shot at McMichael.. but the best C's are at the top, Hughes-Dach-Turcotte-Zegras. After that, you've got Cozens who's gonna end up on the W imo and then it's Tomasino.

Yeah I think Tomasino goes high.

Do you think Lavoie will play C in the show?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Nope. I'm suggesting taking any 6-7 highly-rated guys at random and the likelihood there's a bust in the mix is high.

That there are 6-7 from the same team doesn't immunize them.

Nor does it have any meaning in any way

It also means for some that they have to share ice time and have limited opportunities to produce such as PP time distribution.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter that much either way to professional scouts because (unlike message board stat/clip cowboys) they collectively are able to form an educated opinion based solely on their own observations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

If LA end up with Byram, I feel they're gonna want to jump in the teens to draft quality C before they are all gone. I'm pretty convinced all of Turcotte/Krebs/Newhook/Zegras will be gone at #15, and I could see them giving up #22 + #33 to move up and grab Tomasino if that is the case. If rumors are true and Timmins and co. are really high on Thomson, they should jump on that, pick him at #22 where he most likely will be available and try to get another quality prospect with #33.

I feel Ottawa will want to do the same for a C.

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
If LA end up with Byram, I feel they're gonna want to jump in the teens to draft quality C before they are all gone. I'm pretty convinced all of Turcotte/Krebs/Newhook/Zegras will be gone at #15, and I could see them giving up #22 + #33 to move up and grab Tomasino if that is the case. If rumors are true and Timmins and co. are really high on Thomson, they should jump on that, pick him at #22 where he most likely will be available and try to get another quality prospect with #33.

I feel Ottawa will want to do the same for a C.

Why is it always LA at 22? Do they want to trade that pick? I think they need to get more picks not give them up... their pool is really really thin

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Why is it always LA at 22? Do they want to trade that pick? I think they need to get more picks not give them up... their pool is really really thin

It's all based on Chicago getting Turcotte and them Byram. If they get Turcotte, I expect them to stay put and pick one of the Ds that slide.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
I just hope if newhook or boldy fall to 15 we don't pass on them to pick a d, there will be a lot of them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If boldy is there at 13 they should definitely try to move up.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
What round would you guys consider Brinkman in? I would think about taking him in the 4th depending on who is available, and would definitely take him with one of our 5ths

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

It is always L.A. because they have 2 firsts and a high 2nd. They have the currency to move up, it is that simple.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lol at the Tomasino love while shrugging off McMichael. McMichael is a much better goalscorer than Tomasino. McMichael has better production when you account for team and his tools are just flat out more impressive.

Reactions: phillytennis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad