2019 Entry Draft Thread (HF Draft Discord server, post #652)

Who are we finally drafting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Cam York, come on down you’re the next Hab. Unless Krebs or someone of that caliber falls to us I’m going to say he’s our guy.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Cam York, come on down you’re the next Hab. Unless Krebs or someone of that caliber falls to us I’m going to say he’s our guy.

Heinola, York, Dorofeyev, Seider or Kaliyev (in order) for me. Of course if one of Newhook,Caufield, Krebs, Cozens or Boldy fall, you pick him.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Two guys with average physical capacity/potential and good skill level lauded for their hockey sense. Not sexy picks in the slightest. Hard to be upset though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minato is God

Apr 5, 2019
It'll be interesting to see how York produces in Michigan next year when he no longer has so many top tier players to support him

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Well I'm going to be absolutely thrilled with York if we go down that route. I know most find him boring, but I find him to be efficient and calculated.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Two guys with average physical capacity/potential and good skill level lauded for their hockey sense. Not sexy picks in the slightest. Hard to be upset though.
I wouldn’t mind Krebs.
York just seems too safe. Pretty good at everything but not going to wow in any particular area, which you’d like to see from a mid first round pick.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
I'd be stoked if we drafted York. Great puck-mover, high IQ, excellent skater, good defender. Everything you want in today's game. LD to boot, which is an organizational need. Wish he had a better shot for sure, but anyone available at 15 this year is going to have some significant flaws.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A York pick is just too much of a vanilla pick. Its the safest, unsexiest pick you could make. Like I cannot think of a least sexy pick. Lets hope Michigan develops his offensive skills.

Reactions: Draft

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Do you see 1st pair potential ?
I think he has a case for the 2nd best dman of the draft, take that for what it's worth.
You hated on him back in january, get back on the train, jabroni
I hated on him? I recall you hating on him A LOT and called me ridiculous for liking him more than Robertson. I also remember saying numerous times how you cant fully judge a prospect until close to draft time. You should know that now based on your comments about Byram.

Reactions: jaffy27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think he has a case for the 2nd best dman of the draft, take that for what it's worth.

I hated on him? I recall you hating on him A LOT and called me ridiculous for liking him more than Robertson. I also remember saying numerous times how you cant fully judge a prospect until close to draft time. You should know that now based on your comments about Byram.
My comment on Byram lasted like two weeks though :laugh:

I recall an exchange about York and you didnt like his upside, you preferred Robertson or maybe Broberg. I hadn't looked into him at this point but you were right, it seems.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

You would compare him to who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad