2019 Entry Draft Thread (HF Draft Discord server, post #652)

Who are we finally drafting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm hoping for a faller who is a scoring forward. Dream scenario: several Ds taken in the top 14 and someone lunging for Spencer Knight before the Habs's pick.

No sense selecting on need when the player available at 15 is likely 2-3 years away.
Exactly this! LD is needed now and no player the Habs pick for LD will be ready for 2-3 years. Romanov is still not ready on LD and was picked last year. Grab the best player available (who might be a LD)

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Spectacular turn of events: with the draft in Montreal next year, Habs trade their 15th plus something for LAK's first rounder next year and their 33rd this year.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
With 15th, 46th and 50th OA we have options to move up, and of course move down. Maybe try to get to 11-12-13 etc, maybe try to add a late 1st. Options are there.

We can get players with top potential , whether it is a guy with a shot at being a top line forward or a top pair D man. Such players are within our reach.

What I do not want is for us to go for " this guy will play in the NHL. it just might be on the 3rd line/as a no. 4 D, but he will play ". No. Thank. You.

I dont know what this" dimensions" stuff TT is apparently babbling about this year, but last year he said they were going for players with high ceilings. Yeah, lets stick with that.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
With 15th, 46th and 50th OA we have options to move up, and of course move down. Maybe try to get to 11-12-13 etc, maybe try to add a late 1st. Options are there.

We can get players with top potential , whether it is a guy with a shot at being a top line forward or a top pair D man. Such players are within our reach.

What I do not want is for us to go for " this guy will play in the NHL. it just might be on the 3rd line/as a no. 4 D, but he will play ". No. Thank. You.

I dont know what this" dimensions" stuff TT is apparently babbling about this year, but last year he said they were going for players with high ceilings. Yeah, lets stick with that.

For me, it's "skating needs some work, but..."

Your last line: 100 per cent.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Spectacular turn of events: with the draft in Montreal next year, Habs trade their 15th plus something for LAK's first rounder next year and their 33rd this year.

Related, but off a bit...

I'm nagged by the feeling the Sens will make moves to get Lafreniere.

I remember being irked when Boston drafted Malcolm Subban. That passed fairly quickly.

AL to Ottawa would burn severely.

Reactions: Gains and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Related, but off a bit...

I'm nagged by the feeling the Sens will make moves to get Lafreniere.

I remember being irked when Boston drafted Malcolm Subban. That passed fairly quickly.

AL to Ottawa would burn severely.

Yeah, AL to Ottawa would sting. But, realistically, the Habs can only do so much without having to gut their team to get the pick and even then, 1stOA picks are not dealt as a general rule.

Best they can hope for if they want to make a splash, is to add another first next year and see where it takes them. Can't worry about what they can't control. We'll have to deal with it if it happens.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
well the Timmins video saying they aren't necessarily drafting for need has me calming down a bit.

Really don't care about freaking Larry Davids. Get someone with high upside.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
If it must be left D and broberg doesn't fall then it'll be Heniola or Harley but personally if he's there and we have to take a d I"d pick Seider regardless of the fact he's right d he has everything skills size and IQ.
Weber
Petry
Brook
Fleury
Juulsen
Folin
Koberstein
Henrikson

We’re set for a long time on the right.

But the Left..

Kulak
Mete
Romanov
Olofsson
Harris
Leskinen
Sklenicka
Alzner

This left side is one of the worst in the whole NHL.

How can we justify selecting another Right defenseman when the left side is this bad?

Let’s draft anything but a Right side D or a Goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
okay finally watching Broberg I do get it. Kind of wish he could be converted to forward though he seems to defend well. Dude just shoots it the second he gets it sometimes it seems. I still think he has a pretty high floor though if the offense doesn't quite translate imo. He seems to do well under pressure. At the very least he should be able to move the puck well. I like Seider better still imo. Wouldn't be mad with Broberg. At least there's upside there and tools. Unless he's NB between the ears I think he can still be a good D man at the very least. But if the IQ concerns are overblown you have an absolute stud.

Reactions: habsfan891

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If Timmins is one of the best, time to prove it. We could definatley pick a bust at 15. Just like we could pick a top end player. Your turn Trevor.

• I'm fine with Newhook, York, Seider, Broberg, Harley and Thomson.
  • Won't be impressed with Suzuki, Kaliyev, Soderstrom, Lavoie, Heinola.

Not being impressed does not mean asking for Timmins head...but just won't have the excitement that should happen at draft day. Does not mean it won't pay off later.)

Last edited:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
This draft will probably yield a prospect rather than an immediate roster player. Fixing the LHDman problem would probably require a trade or FA agent.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
If Timmins is one of the best, time to prove it. We could definatley pick a bust at 15. Just like we could pick a top end player. Your turn Trevor.

• I'm fine with Newhook, York, Seider, Broberg, Harley and Thomson.
  • Won't be impressed with Suzuki, Kaliyev, Soderstrom, Lavoie, Heinola.

Not being impressed does not mean asking for Timmins head...but just won't have the excitement that should happen at draft day. Does not mean it won't pay off later.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->