NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
stupid thing is a team of karlsson,stone, chabot, duchene could have actually done damage in a parity filled league
We had that last year and this team was still terrible. We also had Hoffman. The thing is that this team needed to be reworked but I'm not sure a complete sell off was the answer.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We had that last year and this team was still terrible. We also had Hoffman. The thing is that this team needed to be reworked but I'm not sure a complete sell off was the answer.
We had a coach who was not allowing those guys to play. Last year was literally defence all. The. Time. If we scored within the first thirty seconds. We would go into a shell for the next 59 minutes. If we got scored ok first. We would go into a shell to not be scored on again. If we got to OT he would Play ceci pahneuf and smith as to not give up a goal. It was complete insanity. Literally any other coach in the NhL could have had karlsson chabot Hoffman duchene Stone dzingel fighting for or comfortably in a playoff spot.

Meanwhile the GM is signing Nate thompson Jonny oduya and Gabriel dumont to surround our stars with.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Or Boudreau. Give boudreau chabot AND karlsson on defence.

Personally I’m a waaaay bigger Trotz fan than Boudreau. Boudreau is the Andy Reid of NHL coaches.

I mean at this point beggars can’t be choosers so I’d glady take Bruce now, but if given the option Trotz is my boy and always has been.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Personally I’m a waaaay bigger Trotz fan than Boudreau. Boudreau is the Andy Reid of NHL coaches.

I mean at this point beggars can’t be choosers so I’d glady take Bruce now, but if given the option Trotz is my boy and always has been.
Practically, I agree. I’ve just always loved watching boudreaus teams play, and it’s insane the near immediate effect he has on his teams possession numbers when he takes over.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

We all know of Karlsson's struggles last year. If the EK of this year was playing on this team with Chabot on the other pairing, this team would be a bubble team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Think the Sens could get Nolan Foote with the 1st pick...

in the 2nd round?

Wouldn't touch Foote until the mid-rounds.

Has had minimal improvement over the last 3YRs. He's big, has decent wheels and can really shoot the puck, but he's lacking everywhere else.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016

I know that we already have Gustavsson, Hogberg, possibly Daccord as the future goalies. But I think having Spencer Knight in the system would be a great idea as well. If he is available when the Sens pick.

Reactions: Crosside

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't really think so. He has been compared to Quick and Price has great poised and positioning.
There has only been 1 successful 1st round picked goalie since Price in 05' in Vasilevski, every other goalie has been a wasted pick.

After him Bernier is the most successful.

Goalies in the 1st round is a waste of a pick

Since 2007 there has been 1 G selected in the 1st round who has become a starter in the NHL in Vasilevskiy. Everyone else has been a bad pick. Obviously teams agree using 1st's on G's is a waste, only 9 have been chosen in the past 12 drafts.

Subban
Irving
McCallum
Pickard
Campbell
Visentin

Samsonov
Oettinger

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
There has only been 1 successful 1st round picked goalie since Price in 05' in Vasilevski, every other goalie has been a wasted pick.

After him Bernier is the most successful.
Doesn't mean you shouldn't try. If the Sens have multiple 1st in 2019 and have their 1st pick in the 2nd. I wouldn't hesitate to pick him with that 2nd round pick if he's still on the board.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Doesn't mean you shouldn't try. If the Sens have multiple 1st in 2019 and have their 1st pick in the 2nd. I wouldn't hesitate to pick him with that 2nd round pick if he's still on the board.
It means you shouldn't waste a high pick on a goaltender. You should stock up on them in the mid round as they are the hardest position to project, as is evidenced by so many goalies taken high that ended up being bad picks compared to the number of good goalies who were drafted late.

If we use any of our picks in the 1st 2 rounds on a goalie I will be very disappointed, pick 1 or 2 in the later rounds.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
When are we going to start drafting finns and russians again? Seems kinda stupid closing the door on 2 huge markets of players...
Before we drafted Nurmi the only finnish prospect we got was Janne Kolehmainen in 2005

I mean.. :dunno:

Reactions: Sensators

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
When are we going to start drafting finns and russians again? Seems kinda stupid closing the door on 2 huge markets of players...
Before we drafted Nurmi the only finnish prospect we got was Janne Kolehmainen in 2005

I mean.. :dunno:

I think we lost most of our Euro scouts so that could be a reason why? We definitely don't have any in Russia, but no reason not to scout/draft ones that come over to NA in there draft year. We could use some more Swedes too, perhaps the Wikstrand ordeal scared the Sens off from Euro's who could potentially play elsewhere.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its hard to see these great kids you guys are pointing out coming here ,after what we have done with other great players we have drafted and developed....They will stick around until they want to be paid ,then they will be shipped off for more kids...

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad