NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I liked the Athletic draft analysis today for Nick Roberston.

They had him ranked at 28th.

28. Nicholas Robertson: C/LW, Peterborough Petes, 5-foot-9
NICK ROBERTSON PLAYS HOCKEY IN CAPS LOCK. HE SKATES REALLY FAST. HE HITS REALLY HARD. HE CAN RIP THE CURL-AND-DRAG RELEASE OFF THE RUSH. IF IT DOESN’T GO IN, HE’S FOLLOWING IT TO THE TOP OF THE CREASE. IF THAT DOESN’T WORK, HE’LL CHASE YOU DOWN, HE’LL FIND YOU AND HE’LL KILL YOU. HE’S BASICALLY LIAM NEESON. HE’LL PROBABLY HURT HIMSELF SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY BUT HE’LL MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN OR DIE TRYING.

All seriousness: If Robertson’s ridiculous compete level and the way he attacks in waves doesn’t make him a second-line forward, it’ll make him a third-line one.

Sounds like an intriguing player.

Here is the full list.

Unknown.png

If you want me to get the write up of any of the top 30 players listed let me know.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Lazy and inattentive can be changed and molded with guidance; skill and raw talent cannot.
I'd love to snag him if we can get a mid 1st-round pick; I doubt he drops lower than 20.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would Cajkovic be a good pick in the early 2nd/late 1st?

He has had hype for a while and seems to be adjusting to North American style lately

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
lavoie from mooseheads if he slips enough pIease :D no defenceman near end of 1st round is worth it this year.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I liked the Athletic draft analysis today for Nick Roberston.

They had him ranked at 28th.

Sounds like an intriguing player.

Here is the full list.

Unknown.png

If you want me to get the write up of any of the top 30 players listed let me know.

Wow...seems to be a lot Canadian kids slipping in that ranking. Maybe it's just me, but those rankings seem to be more volatile than usual? Not sure if that's a good or bad thing....

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
In your opinion, what makes him such a polarizing prospect?
I'm not too sure, I can't see why any would have him out of the 1st for sure. Size, shot, skating, hands are all huge +'s to me.

The person I spoke to would know though, without a doubt, what scouts are saying, so I believe it.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I'm not too sure, I can't see why any would have him out of the 1st for sure. Size, shot, skating, hands are all huge +'s to me.

The person I spoke to would know though, without a doubt, what scouts are saying, so I believe it.

I agree, I think he’s got a ton of potential.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Jackson Pierson at eliteprospects.com

Crookshanks teammate at UNH... not a big guy but not tiny & putting up pretty good numbers for a freshman (18 pts in 25 games). Turned 19 at the start of the season, basically a month older than Crookshank... led USHS in scoring last year although Jay OBrien, who was drafted 19th overall, had a far better PPG as did a few other players (none of whom have been nearly as successful as him this year, though, including O'Brien....)

Could he be a target for us? Anyone know him beyond his stats? I am not seeing much draft hye at all

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Is there a reason Brayden Tracey is only ranked 73rd among NA skaters? Just watching the Moose Jaw game now and he is very impressive. Sweet set of hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->