NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
With the CHL starting up in a few days, USHL in a week and a half, and CJHL and Europe already underway, we can put any discussion regarding draft eligible guys here. It's a very strong top end of the draft, and seems to me to have some decent depth. I believe it's safe to say we will be picking somewhere in the 16-31 range by the time we arrive at the draft with some trades moving forward.

Sens as of right now are looking at:

(2) 2nd round picks. One looking to be high 30's (Ott), the other we can put near ~47 (Fla/SJS), depending on how you think Florida/San Jose will finish

(1) 3rd round pick (Pitt)

(1) 4th round pick (Ott)

(1) 5th round pick (Ott)

(1) 6th round pick (Ott)

(2) 7th round picks (Ott & Cgy)

Should San Jose miss the playoffs we will receive their 1st.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'm not sure if you missed it, you think its unlikely or you just want to be negative but if SJ misses the playoffs this year we get their 2019 1st.

im not sure you missed but we could have been drafting jack hughes or kaapko but yea i guess a late 1st is nice.

can't wait for dorion to pick the next lazar, bowers, white, josh norris type with it

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Love everything I've seen out of the top C prospects this year.

Hughes, Dach, Cozens and Turcotte all look like they have #1 C potential.

Loved what I've seen from Tkachuk since we drafted him, but I still wish we had kept our pick.
I'd be ok with drafting Tkachuk if we held on to Karlsson. I think the team, with Karlsson had a darkhorse chance if the goalies rebounded.

Without Karlsson, I have no clue why we didn't give up the pick, other than to keep the con going for as long as possible.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
im not sure you missed but we could have been drafting jack hughes or kaapko but yea i guess a late 1st is nice.

can't wait for dorion to pick the next lazar, bowers, white, josh norris type with it
If SJ misses the playoffs this year (and as stated, we get their 2019 pick) it will therefore be a lottery pick. Now I know it's unlikely but stranger things have happened and there is a reason why they play the games.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Love everything I've seen out of the top C prospects this year.

Hughes, Dach, Cozens and Turcotte all look like they have #1 C potential.

Loved what I've seen from Tkachuk since we drafted him, but I still wish we had kept our pick.
Man we really need a top end center too.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I'd be ok with drafting Tkachuk if we held on to Karlsson. I think the team, with Karlsson had a darkhorse chance if the goalies rebounded.

Without Karlsson, I have no clue why we didn't give up the pick, other than to keep the con going for as long as possible.
We’re going for the “Why did we?”s record.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Jesus. The size of some of these centres.

Getting serious franchise player vibes.

So ****ed haha.
Yeah, Cozens/Dach/Hughes would be unbelievable, and 1 will likely be available at 5th.

All we can do, spilt milk and all.

There are a lot of guys I liked out of the Q last year who will likely be taken around our 2nds. Lavoie and Cajkovic are not going to fall to our range, and I'm not a huge fan of Parent. I have yet to see Nussbaumer or Knyazev play, though I'd assume the may be in our range.

Samual Poulin - Big offensive power winger. Will be most likely of this group to be taken mid 1st or higher.

Jakob Pelltier - Probably a top 5 skilled guy in a very small frame. He's my pick for most points in the CHL for draft eligible players.

Nikita Alexandrov - Shifty pivot who came on in the last month of the season and into the playoffs. I'm not a huge fan of his, but feel he will be valued somewhere in the range of our 2 picks.

Brett Budgell - An offensive winger who plays a chippy game and goes to the dirty areas. Very good hands, passing and shot. Skating needs some work.

Colton Ellis - Nova Scotian goaltender who was receiving a lot of praise last year, who was shipped out due to current Sen Kevin Mandolese, wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the first goalies taken.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah, Cozens/Dach/Hughes would be unbelievable, and 1 will likely be available at 5th.

All we can do, spilt milk and all.

There are a lot of guys I liked out of the Q last year who will likely be taken around our 2nds. Lavoie and Cajkovic are not going to fall to our range, and I'm not a huge fan of Parent. I have yet to see Nussbaumer or Knyazev play, though I'd assume the may be in our range.

Samual Poulin - Big offensive power winger. Will be most likely of this group to be taken mid 1st or higher.

Jakob Pelltier - Probably a top 5 skilled guy in a very small frame. He's my pick for most points in the CHL for draft eligible players.

Nikita Alexandrov - Shifty pivot who came on in the last month of the season and into the playoffs. I'm not a huge fan of his, but feel he will be valued somewhere in the range of our 2 picks.

Brett Budgell - An offensive winger who plays a chippy game and goes to the dirty areas. Very good hands, passing and shot. Skating needs some work.

Colton Ellis - Nova Scotian goaltender who was receiving a lot of praise last year, who was shipped out due to current Sen Kevin Mandolese, wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the first goalies taken.

To quote Pierre

“That ship has sailed on our 1st rounder”

Haha. Imbecile

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This draft is so stacked. Id rather a #12 pick in this draft than a #4 in last years.

This is gonna end up like the 2015 draft imo. Crazy skill.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we trade Stone or Duchene at the TDL from a team looking to make a run we should get a 2019 1st back but it will be a late one.
I could see the Sens taking that 1st, and a 2nd and possibly a B- prospect or that first and a B+ prospect to move up in the Draft to get a 15+ pick. If we do that we will definitely get a higher end prospect.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This is the one that stings the most IMO. As a fan this one really sucks. I can only imagine how PD feels. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad