NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
He seems to be a very polarizing prospect even tho he's done basically as well as Svech did last year

I've seen him ranked between 13 and 31. What is the knock on him? Skating is the only thing I've seen consistently criticized
He is like Laine

Emerica

May 29, 2010

I dunno. For a team that has traded a #1 D, #1 C and two 20+ goals scorer it's not all that impressive to me. Especially with most of the top picks being conditionals. Not sure why CBJ 2020 1st is being considered as ours?

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016

I dunno. For a team that has traded a #1 D, #1 C and two 20+ goals scorer it's not all that impressive to me. Especially with most of the top picks being conditionals. Not sure why CBJ 2020 1st is being considered as ours?

It's not fully the Sens pick unless Duchene resigns with them. If he doesn't Columbus keeps the pick. But if Columbus misses the playoffs and wins the lottery. 2020 pick goes to the Sens and if Duchene signs I believe the 2021 1st goes to the Sens from what I've gathered.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's not fully the Sens pick unless Duchene resigns with them. If he doesn't Columbus keeps the pick. But if Columbus misses the playoffs and wins the lottery. 2020 pick goes to the Sens and if Duchene signs I believe the 2021 1st goes to the Sens from what I've gathered.

2019 1st is the Sens pick unless Columbus wins a top 3 pick.
2020 1st is the Sens if Duchene signs

If Columbus gets a 2019 top 3 pick and choses to take the pick
the 2019 1st becomes a 2o20 1st.
If Duchene signs
the 2020 1st becomes a 2021 tst

Reactions: Icelevel

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone see enough of Alex Newhook to say if you think he will be around for our CBJ Pick?

Everyone I have spoken to, say he is legit but it’s so hard to see BCHL games.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Anyone see enough of Alex Newhook to say if you think he will be around for our CBJ Pick?

Yup he’s one to keep an eye on

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
All the picks are nice and all but we need to hit on them. If melnyk is cutting team salary costs can we at least invest in junior scouts ?

This is one of the best drafting teams in the NHL. It's mysterious how they've managed to be bad at almost every other aspect of team management while consistently achieving excellent drafts, but somehow they are.

Just from last year we have JBD (26), Tychonick (48) and Crookshank (126) who have all seen their stock rise.
From 2017, Formenton (47) and Batherson (121) are both deemed legit prospects with Batherson considered one of the best prospects in the NHL.
Lajoie (133) from the 2016 draft is already on the roster full-time and will probably improve with a summer of strength training. And Brown (11) appears to finally be getting his stuff together to become an impact center.
Chabot (18) is already a superstar in the making and without question one of the best offensive defensemen in the NHL. White (21) is on his way to becoming at the least a very good 2-way middle six center. Wolanin (107) and Jaros (139) appear to be working their way into full-time roles on an NHL roster while Chlapik (48) is on the verge of making the NHL on a more full-time basis.

Maybe not all of these players pan out. Maybe a few of them are even better than we expected. But I find no reason to be nervous about the Senators drafting abilities when you look at the players who are coming up that they've drafted just since 2015. I count 12 guys who are capable of playing some type of role for the Senators either currently or in the near future.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

A lot.

Possible, but don't think so, I think he's going to get scooped up earlier than his draft ranking ends up, can't see him falling past the early teens.

He's been on absolute fire, hes won 2 of the past 3 Player of the Weeks, and is 100% winning this week as well considering he had 3 goals and 5 assists on Friday.

12 goals (3 hat-tricks) and 26 points in his past 8 games.

@BondraTime

I’ve seen you praise both Lavoie and Newhook. Which do you prefer?

Newhook for sure, though I definitely have bias with him

@BondraTime

Any chance you would be willing to update your first post to include all our new picks ?
Newhook
Lavoie
Harley
Afanasyev
McMichael
York

They are the guys who I'd be looking at who could still be there at the CLB pick, after that I'm sure there's a bunch of guys the Sens are looking at.

Reactions: Icelevel

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Any interest in Brett Leason? I hope we can snag him with one of our 2nds in the top 40. He is an overager, but he kind of reminds me of Stone.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Now with all the money saved from trading Karlsson, Duchene and Dzingel (and Stone?) contracts, they should go and get themselves the best scouting and analytics staff money could buy. Go scout all over the world, don't skimp on travel to certain countries. They can't afford to screw up all these picks.

We are already a top drafting team in the league. The money should be invested in COACHING (not just a head coach)

Go all in on Quenneville? He arrived for the Hawks rise in 2007

But you're right that we should have scouts in leagues we haven't been scouting.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We are already a top drafting team in the league. The money should be invested in COACHING (not just a head coach)

Go all in on Quenneville? He arrived for the Haks rise in 2007

But you're right that we should have scouts in leagues we haven't been scouting.
Totally agree,why the hell should we entrust the painfully acquired youth to an inexperienced guy ???We need not just a good coach we need the very best one ,and money shouldnt play a factor at all

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Totally agree,why the hell should we entrust the painfully acquired youth to an inexperienced guy ???We need not just a good coach we need the very best one ,and money shouldnt play a factor at all

Obviously, we're not talking about the same markets but look what Toronto did hiring Badcock, Montreal with Julien, Chicago with Quenneville, etc

Chicago won 3 cups and was a contender for 10 years
Montreal is doing a lot better than they should. Their roster is one of the worst in the NHL. I'd argue the Sens had a better roster before the purge.
Toronto is a season beater, still haven't won any playoff round but hey it's Toronto.

Reactions: topshelf15

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
A lot.

Possible, but don't think so, I think he's going to get scooped up earlier than his draft ranking ends up, can't see him falling past the early teens.

He's been on absolute fire, hes won 2 of the past 3 Player of the Weeks, and is 100% winning this week as well considering he had 3 goals and 5 assists on Friday.

12 goals (3 hat-tricks) and 26 points in his past 8 games.

Newhook for sure, though I definitely have bias with him

Newhook
Lavoie
Harley
Afanasyev
McMichael
York

They are the guys who I'd be looking at who could still be there at the CLB pick, after that I'm sure there's a bunch of guys the Sens are looking at.

Your top 3 are identical to mine, keeping in mind I haven’t gotten to see Newhook play much.

With Newhook coming out of the BCHL, I’m guessing rankings will have him all over the place. Maybe Ottawa could move an extra draft pick to snag him if necessary, otherwise I would still be thrilled with Lavoie or Harley.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Anyone have a tally of what picks we hold in the next few years? I've lost track.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Anyone have a tally of what picks we hold in the next few years? I've lost track.
CRn8qoo.png

Reactions: West Coast Eagles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: