Player Discussion 2019 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Bobby Brink and Tomassino would both be good picks. There's a decent chance someone who should go in he late teens falls to us.

Nick Robertson is projected 3rd round on the site I'm looking at and that would be a massive steal. If he falls far I'd move up to trade for him, he's super young with great production.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I mean, we’re at 26, so it’s not like a person who doesn’t follow prospects would know a lot of those names, but still not really “no-names”.

Newhook ranked 27 by Button, 12 by Cosentino, 20 by McKenzie, and 17 by Central Scouting.

Soderstrom ranked 20 by Button, 13 by Cosentino, 17 by McKenzie, and 31 by Central Scouting.

Bjornfot ranked 23 by Button, NR by Cosentino, NR by McKenzie, and 29 by Central Scouting.

Hoglander NR by Button, Cosentino or Central Scouting, but 29 by McKenzie and is commonly ranked at the backend of the 1st by many.

If anything it’s wishful thinking that Newhook or Soderstrom will be there at 26, not that they’re “no-names”.

Ahh, just late night me posting. Any of them righty shots or centres with good upside by any chance?

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Ahh, just late night me posting. Any of them righty shots or centres with good upside by any chance?
So Soderstrom and Bjornfot are both defencemen, with Soderstrom being a righty. Both are pretty much your typical slick skating, puck moving Swedish D.

Newhook is a lefty C, but I do really like his upside. Very quick and likes to have the puck. Headed to Boston College next year.

Hoglander is a smaller winger but is super quick and skilled so I like his upside to if there are not C’s around 26. Played 50 games in the SHL in his draft year and put up 14 points so that’s kind of impressive.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Looking at this today.
Is Spencer Knight the guy? I mean, it's rare for goalies to project in the first round as strong as he has.

I still don't think Calgary makes this pick, but if this guy's available? Is that the answer to our land standing question in net?

Reactions: Mr Snrub

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I've seen multiple people compare Tomasino to Barzal and that's enough for me.

Bobby Brink also had a pretty great season and having Connor McMichael would be fun.

Goflames3

Jan 25, 2013
Has anyone thought of what it would take to trade for 1st overall pick in this years draft to take Hughs??

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Looking at this today.
Is Spencer Knight the guy? I mean, it's rare for goalies to project in the first round as strong as he has.

I still don't think Calgary makes this pick, but if this guy's available? Is that the answer to our land standing question in net?

I've seen multiple people compare Tomasino to Barzal and that's enough for me.

Bobby Brink also had a pretty great season and having Connor McMichael would be fun.

I’ve watched some of the u18 and Knight has looked phenomenal. Also Brink as the only guy on the American team that didn’t play on the U18 team all year has looked really good

I think there might be some surprises considering how deep the draft is. Ferraro was suggesting that Knight might go top 10 if a team in that spot needs a goalie, that’s how good he is

Only teams I could see needing him in the top 10 are Detroit at 6 and Buffalo at 7 but that’s too early I think. Maybe Minnesota at 12 if they trade Dubnyk, also Florida at 13 if they miss on Bob

But I have a hard time seeing him in the top 15 unless literally everyone a team like Minny or Florida likes is off the board

Reactions: Dack

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Looking at this today.

I think he goes in the early 20s, but if he’s there at our pick I wouldn’t hesitate.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I would like a Bobby Brink at that pick.

Feel like one team will like Knight enough to take him in the 15-20 range anyways and I'm still fairly hesitant drafting goalies high.

Reactions: Dack

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Askarov vs Knight right now on TSN 1 is quite the goaltending prospect wet dream

Askarov is 2020 eligible and Button just said he’s the best goalie prospect he’s seen since Carey Price

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Looking at this today.

If he's available, absolutely. I think he goes sooner than 26 unfortunately.

I can also see a team trying to pick up a 2nd pick in the first round to get this guy.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Looking at this today.

Nope. Don't compound a crapshoot pick with a crapshoot goalie. Leland Irving, etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad