Player Discussion 2019 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I think if we keep our pick we're gonna draft Spencer Knight if he's still on the board considering how Gillies and Parsons took a step back this year. If he's gone, Flames will just go with BPA.

Names to keep in mind though at D:
Moritz Seider, Anttoni Honka, Thomas Harley, Alex Vlasic, Tobias Bjornfot

At F:
Pavel Dorofeyev, Bobby Brink, Nolan Foote, Nils Hoglander, Ilya Nikolayev

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Honestly if Leason is still there, I don't see how we don't go for the Calgary boy.

There will likely be better players available. Flames don't make too big of a deal out of trying to draft hometown players. See Hunter Shinkaruk, Brayden Point, etc

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I think if we keep our pick we're gonna draft Spencer Knight if he's still on the board considering how Gillies and Parsons took a step back this year. If he's gone, Flames will just go with BPA.

Names to keep in mind though at D:
Moritz Seider, Anttoni Honka, Thomas Harley, Alex Vlasic, Tobias Bjornfot

At F:
Pavel Dorofeyev, Bobby Brink, Nolan Foote, Nils Hoglander, Ilya Nikolayev

If Moritz Seider is still available, FLames probably pick him, they need more D prospects. Goalies are voodoo, picking Knight when there's better players available is not smart asset management.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

ShotDownInFlames

May 16, 2015
ALBERTA
From what I’ve heard I highly doubt Seider will be there past 20. And picking Knight would be a big mistake considering where and how little they’ve had picks in the last few years. They’ll pick bpa but I agree D might be more of a priority

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
To be honest I have no idea. I fully expect the Flames to be drafting 30 or 31st and at that spot who knows who will be available.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
If Moritz Seider is still available, FLames probably pick him, they need more D prospects. Goalies are voodoo, picking Knight when there's better players available is not smart asset management.

Some analysts have Knight ranked as high as the middle of the 1st, I would have no problem picking him anywhere in the 20s or later.

From what I’ve heard I highly doubt Seider will be there past 20. And picking Knight would be a big mistake considering where and how little they’ve had picks in the last few years. They’ll pick bpa but I agree D might be more of a priority

There are always risers and fallers in every draft. Seider's stock has been rising lately but it's February and he might cool off and be there near the end of the 1st. This time in 2015 most people still had Kylington as a mid-1st.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The only bad thing about picking 31st is that our next pick will be 93rd.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I think Nicholas Robertson would be a good pick. I quite liked his brother (Jason) in his draft year and he's progressed really well.

I also think it's funny how different the are, Nicholas is Gaudreau sized and Jason is 6'2 200 lbs. Nicholas is the only good forward on an awful team.

I kind of doubt Leason would be available he's a lot older than the other draftees but I think on draft day someone sees his size and his scoring ability and takes him in the early 20s.

If someone like Honka falls we could really use a good RHD in the prospect pool.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Tough to predict in the bottom ten of the first round.

If he's a bigger player, he'd better have a mean streak. If he's a smaller player, he better have great speed and skating ability.

There's nothing bad about picking 31st overall, either. Hell, trade it for a 2nd next year and take the night off.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I think Nicholas Robertson would be a good pick. I quite liked his brother (Jason) in his draft year and he's progressed really well.

I also think it's funny how different the are, Nicholas is Gaudreau sized and Jason is 6'2 200 lbs. Nicholas is the only good forward on an awful team.

I kind of doubt Leason would be available he's a lot older than the other draftees but I think on draft day someone sees his size and his scoring ability and takes him in the early 20s.

If someone like Honka falls we could really use a good RHD in the prospect pool.

Nicholas Robertson would be a good pick, I agree that he has a lot of skill, but I don't know that we need yet another LW. Don't really want Leason, I think if he makes the NHL he likely caps out roughly where Jankowski is now.

Reactions: Dack

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Really don't see a lot to like in the bottom half of the first this year. If McMichael is available then I'd want him. Just to keep up with the Scottish surname Connors. Seen Leason a couple times, he's good but a little slow. Matthew Robertson is a guy who's game I like, same with Tomasino.

Reactions: Dack

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Personally, I'd rather the Flames trade down to grab 2 2nd round picks. I trust our scouting staff as they have done a miraculous job finding prospects over the years.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Nicholas Robertson would be a good pick, I agree that he has a lot of skill, but I don't know that we need yet another LW. Don't really want Leason, I think if he makes the NHL he likely caps out roughly where Jankowski is now.
I agree with you on the LW thing but with how late we will be picking and this draft not looking very deep I think we'll take what we can get.

I wonder if the team would consider Knight if he's still there because it's highly likely they're going to pick a goalie this year.

Tomasino seems like he could be a Frost type to break out post draft, Brinks stats are fantastic and if he's there I think he'd be a great pick.

One guy I don't really want is Nolan Foote, I've seen him play live like 5 times and I don't think he's made one impressive (something that the average WHL player couldn't pull off) play in that time. When I first heard about him (2016-2017) I got excited thinking he and Callan would both become high first rounders at the next level but at this point I'm not sure I'd take him before the 3rd round. He's big and he's got a good shot and if he were to perform consistently he'd likely be a good player but right now he just kind of floats around without really generating anything.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Tough to predict in the bottom ten of the first round.

If he's a bigger player, he'd better have a mean streak. If he's a smaller player, he better have great speed and skating ability.

There's nothing bad about picking 31st overall, either. Hell, trade it for a 2nd next year and take the night off.
Could probably trade it for a couple seconds this year and still take the night off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad