2019 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Nah. He uses his size well and plays an effective power game, strong skater, but he doesn't have Laine's shot nor does he have Barkov's hands and brains. I don't see him as a future top 10 scoring type player. But no doubt he'll be a very good player for a long time.
Well no one has Laines shot but one or two people. Kakko is like a hybrid of Barkov and Laine. His shot may not be as good as Laines, but it is better than Barkovs. And his IQ may not be better than Barkovs but it is better than Laines. I think his hands are on par with Laine and not as good as Barkovs. I also think he will be stronger than Barkov which is hard to believe. I can see him scoring a bit more than Barkov but not having the obvious 2 way dominance that Barkov has.

Reactions: danktopshelf

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Well no one has Laines shot but one or two people. Kakko is like a hybrid of Barkov and Laine. His shot may not be as good as Laines, but it is better than Barkovs. And his IQ may not be better than Barkovs but it is better than Laines. I think his hands are on par with Laine and not as good as Barkovs. I also think he will be stronger than Barkov which is hard to believe. I can see him scoring a bit more than Barkov but not having the obvious 2 way dominance that Barkov has.

You see him as a perennial 100- 110 pt. scorer? I don't see it. I do agree he'll be stronger than Barkov and will impose his prescence more.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You see him as a perennial 100- 110 pt. scorer? I don't see it. I do agree he'll be stronger than Barkov and will impose his prescence more.
I don’t see 100-110 poi t potential I’m merely talking about the style of player. I can see him putting up Barkov like numbers or close to it. I see a lot of the good Jamie Benn in his game.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Germany played awful! Their goalie did a nice job against Germany

I dont see it that we played that awful, they where calm in the 1st Game. Better i win with 2:0 and get my 3 points, before i play fancy make a dumb pass and lose a Game.
In my sight the 2nd showed more that our Team played a solid Game and has now 2 Wins. Tomorrow is the next Game and if we play solid again, we could be already in the next round.
But the 3 Games in the beginning are those who we must win.
Look at the US Team they usual loose the 1st Game in the Tournament.

Seider showed in 2 Games now, that he can play the Puck, has a shot, can skate, now how to place himself.
The Game order for this Tournament is really good for the Team and Seider, you have 3 games to get more into the international speed, battles and Game. Tomorrow against France is another Game to proof what he can play.

Really interisting will it then, when he has to face the big Names in this Tournament and if he can play his Game and accept the battle to improve and can handle the pressure that will come.
Current i would say, he is underrated in the Draft rankings.

But FinnlandPanther is right what Kakko is showing in the Tournament makes him current the real #1 in the Draft.

Reactions: jvr32

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Still not as good a prospect as Barkov and Laine were, but he'll be a good one.

I like Seider but I think it will be Soderstrom, Broberg, or York for us. Soderstrom seems like a better version of Seider, with more exposure playing in a better league. Picking Harley or Heinola at #13 would be pretty ballsy.
I don't know what people see in Soderstrom. He was even this board's choice in the mock. Unless they want another Mackenzie Weegar. With a top 15 pick you have to shoot for the stars.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I don't know what people see in Soderstrom. He was even this board's choice in the mock. Unless they want another Mackenzie Weegar. With a top 15 pick you have to shoot for the stars.
Which would be?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
How so? Soderstrom is better than Weegar probably today

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Which would be?
D's are Seider, Broberg, Heinola, or York. If they want a forward then Newhook, Podkolzin, Boldy, Caufield. Some of these should be available at 13 assuming that Kakko, Hughes, Turcotte, Byram, Dach, Krebs, are gone. Heck, I already named more than 12 names. D's like Soderstrom will be available with late round picks.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
How so? Soderstrom is better than Weegar probably today
I don't think so. I have watched him play and there's not much that stands out. And it's not like that I hate him but I don't want him at 13. Just like I didn't want Serron Noel last year with the 1st they ended up using for Denisenko, but with a 2nd it was just right. Soderstrom is NOT the BPA at pick 13 for the Panthers.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
D's are Seider, Broberg, Heinola, or York. If they want a forward then Newhook, Podkolzin, Boldy, Caufield. Some of these should be available at 13 assuming that Kakko, Hughes, Turcotte, Byram, Dach, Krebs, are gone. Heck, I already named more than 12 names. D's like Soderstrom will be available with late round picks.
I really don't see how you think getting York would be shooting for the stars but Soderstrom wouldn't.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I really don't see how you think getting York would be shooting for the stars but Soderstrom wouldn't.
He would be a great PP QB and would make up for the pass they made on Ty Smith last year. He's not been carried by those star forwards in team USA and a puck mover like York on the blue line was a big reason why they were so lethal. Only FIVE skaters have been chosen to U18 WJC All-star team twice: Ovechkin, Kessel, Hedman, Jack Hughes and Cam York. I don't see how you're not shooting for the stars.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
What do you dislike about him?

He’s a great skater not uber elite though. I find him to be weak, I find his passing to be average his shot below average. His IQ average has a lack of physicality and overall I find him to be a bit clumsy. Not a fan. I see him dropping into the late teens or twenties some team will take him for his skating.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I really see Podkolzin falling to the Panthers not sure if Tallon likes him enough to pick him if there are other guys available . We should be eyeballing York, Knight and Alexander Newhook who is a Vinny Trocheck clone. I’d be willing to bet Tallon falls in love with one of those.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I really see Podkolzin falling to the Panthers not sure if Tallon likes him enough to pick him if there are other guys available . We should be eyeballing York, Knight and Alexander Newhook who is a Vinny Trocheck clone. I’d be willing to bet Tallon falls in love with one of those.
No to pod for me. He literally looks like a Nichsukin clone. And I mean the exact same player. It’s honestly insane to me. And I’m regards to your Broberg comment, I agree the kid is super raw, but that skating is sublime. I would definitely say it is elite skating. He is definitely boom or bust. No in between.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He’s a great skater not uber elite though. I find him to be weak, I find his passing to be average his shot below average. His IQ average has a lack of physicality and overall I find him to be a bit clumsy. Not a fan. I see him dropping into the late teens or twenties some team will take him for his skating.

He tore the Hlinka-Gretzky apart last summer, a lot of people are still in love with his potential. He has the tools to be a dominant d-man, he's not as dynamic as say E Karlsson or Q Hughes but he's able to make a major impact in games when he wants to. He's very creative offensively and he knows how to put points on the board. His offensive instincts are top notch. Consistency is the big question with him. There's no doubting his talent though.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
No to pod for me. He literally looks like a Nichsukin clone. And I mean the exact same player. It’s honestly insane to me. And I’m regards to your Broberg comment, I agree the kid is super raw, but that skating is sublime. I would definitely say it is elite skating. He is definitely boom or bust. No in between.

Yeah there are a lot more talented forwards than Podkolzin.

I think for Tallon to take a forward someone big has to fall. Like Turcotte or Krebs.

Reactions: klabob

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Seider with another goal at the WC.
He was thought of as an offensive Dman prior to this year, but he was much more focused on defence playing in DEL, though he produced a lot of offence at the Division 1 U20...

Anyway, goal:

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Seider with another goal at the WC.
He was thought of as an offensive Dman prior to this year, but he was much more focused on defence playing in DEL, though he produced a lot of offence at the Division 1 U20...

Anyway, goal:

He looks so calm out there playing for Germany. That goals was jst exceptional

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
He tore the Hlinka-Gretzky apart last summer, a lot of people are still in love with his potential. He has the tools to be a dominant d-man, he's not as dynamic as say E Karlsson or Q Hughes but he's able to make a major impact in games when he wants to. He's very creative offensively and he knows how to put points on the board. His offensive instincts are top notch. Consistency is the big question with him. There's no doubting his talent though.

Puck-skills aren't on par with his speed. Very active defenseman with skating, good body-shielding, good shot... I like his potential but I'd rather have a York or Harley if we are going left-handed. But I wouldn't call Broberg very creative or offensive instincts top-notch... He has a pretty pretty good feeling to join the rush...

Yeah there are a lot more talented forwards than Podkolzin.

I think for Tallon to take a forward someone big has to fall. Like Turcotte or Krebs.

Think you're selling Pod a little short here... The guy is talentend and is one of the great forwards on this board, he is getting overlooked lately, and may even fall that far... Don't want Krebs and Turcotte won't ever fall that far, so yeah Dale is must likely picking a defenseman... But Podkolzin would be a very intriguing option if available !

Yeah my opinion on him is starting g to change real fast. There is some good D in this draft.

Been watching him closely in those WHC... Starting to really love the kid, and would now be pretty please with a gamble like him... Still those shoulders injuries, but what a cool and smooth kid, also has an awesome name !

What an Howitzer by Moritz Seider ! :D

Really like all those kids on D, hope we strike gold with one of them, it should get interesting right around our pick too... Nearly not okay with trading it anymore... :(

ndal88a

Dec 14, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad