Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Talk (Part Deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Why would you trade zadina?you take podkolzin and keep both

Rather trade AA for a top 10 pick to land a byram if we can or trade him to Carolina for a Jake bean etc...

Considering how hard it was to resign AA he gets 30 again and he’s gonna demand around 8 and I don’t have the patience for more nonsense and unless he can start getting 30 and 70-75 pts for 3-4 yrs I wouldn’t give it to him

He can demand whatever he wants. Red Wings aren't obligated to anything, and I believe AA should be arbitration eligible should it come down to it. If he does hold firm and we go the arbitration route, I would sign him and then look to trade him.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Why would you trade zadina?you take podkolzin and keep both

Rather trade AA for a top 10 pick to land a byram if we can or trade him to Carolina for a Jake bean etc...

Considering how hard it was to resign AA he gets 30 again and he’s gonna demand around 8 and I don’t have the patience for more nonsense and unless he can start getting 30 and 70-75 pts for 3-4 yrs I wouldn’t give it to him

you mean two contracts ago? his most recent contract last offseason was drama free

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Am I the only one who views the D prospect group as pretty solid at this point? Hronek is doing well, Cholowski should find his form, McIsaac had a great year, the Wings brass is convinced Lindstrom will be an NHLer. There's a collection of other guys. The Wings will almost certainly use a relatively high non-first round pick on a defenseman in this draft, IMO.

It doesn't have that #1, but it's a huge upgrade, especially considering DeKeyser isn't going anywhere. Maybe sign or trade for a guy who can play a sound defensive game and that's a solid D group.

Byram would be a decent direction to go, but we don't *need* him.
Hronek is just getting better and better, he will be #1 defenseman. Cholowski needs more time at GR, but he's is going to be #3 defenseman. DD still young , McIsaac is promising, very safe pick, Ragula, looks like good , not great core ,but it is ok.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Is it me or is every thread off topic? Draft talk is in the tank thread, AA talk is in draft thread, I guess tank talk is in the AA thread now?

I like Turcotte.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Is it me or is every thread off topic? Draft talk is in the tank thread, AA talk is in draft thread, I guess tank talk is in the AA thread now?

I like Turcotte.
So we should draft Turcotte and trade AA for an M1-A1 tank? :D

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Dach plays Game 1 vs Prince Albert tonight at 9:30 so a good chance to see him in action if you have Sportsnet360.

Didn't realize he had a younger brother who is also a C on the same team...

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Hoping if the leafs suck they’ll have to make some changes and try and be more playoff ready, Hainsey leaving they’ll need veteran d I say we ship them Daley at 50% paid for a 3rd (if not scratch that pick out , just hoping we can get rid of deadweight this summer)

1- hopefully a top 3 pick or byram

2- Anttoni honka

2 - Samuel fagemo

2- Henry thrun

3- pyotr kochetkov

3- (from the trade If do’able) Michael Gildon

4- Simon Lundmark

5- tag bertuzzi

5- Rhett Pitlick

6- nikola pasic

7- dan bertos

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
If we pick later in the first and the top centers are gone, I could see them taking Krebs (playmaking center with Larkin type motor) or Newhook (we also drafted cholo out of the BCHL

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Regarding Buffalo 2 players I don't see them picking are Podkolzin and Byram. I think LA would likely take Byram 3-5. Podkolzin to COL or NJ 3-5 I could easily see.

My hopes are (Hughes 1st) Byram or Turcotte. (If we pick 2nd, I'd take Kakko and be thrilled I just don't really expect that scenario.)

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hronek is just getting better and better, he will be #1 defenseman. Cholowski needs more time at GR, but he's is going to be #3 defenseman. DD still young , McIsaac is promising, very safe pick, Ragula, looks like good , not great core ,but it is ok.

Hronek has been very good offensively, but he is not a #1. He's a PMD. His defense is no where near good enough to be a #1 and he doesn't look to have the tools to be that player.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Hronek has been very good offensively, but he is not a #1. He's a PMD. His defense is no where near good enough to be a #1 and he doesn't look to have the tools to be that player.
He is only 20 and he is getting better at everything. We 'll see, it could be just wishful thinking , time will show

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He is only 20 and he is getting better at everything. We 'll see, it could be just wishful thinking , time will show
Yeah, most d-men take a lot longer to develop, they don't hit their peak until the late 20's. I think it's easier to teach a PMD to play defense than to teach a stay at home to carry the puck.

Of course there's guys like Green where the defense doesn't develop much and the offensive skills decay over the years (I think it's injury related in his case, he lost his slapper years ago).

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I am beginning to warm up to the idea to draft Turcotte, since Wings ain't most likely going to get a top-3 pick. I hope Wings could pick Caulfield, probably best pure sniper in this draft.

Turcotte and Caufield are both going in Wisconsin next season, draft them and let them build up some chemistry for couple years and then bring them over here. By then both will be NHL ready.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
I just did the Tankathon simulator and came out with Rangers & Wings as 1 & 2 so we need to win this game to take their spot, lol.

Wings win, Rangers lose, Wings pick 1-3 or 6-9. (9 being a very remote possibility) More than likely we're looking at #7 or 8 spot and we get a second tier talent.
Wings lose and they get 1-7 so come on baby lose!

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida

I like Turcotte.

I'm on the Turcotte train also. If we pick anywhere out of the top two I am hoping we go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad