Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Talk (Part Deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I just did the Tankathon simulator and came out with Rangers & Wings as 1 & 2 so we need to win this game to take their spot, lol.

Wings win, Rangers lose, Wings pick 1-3 or 6-9. (9 being a very remote possibility) More than likely we're looking at #7 or 8 spot and we get a second tier talent.
I d rathe have #2 , so we don't get upset who we pic , anyway crystal ball doesn't help me with this one

Reactions: Marky9er

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I d rathe have #2 , so we don't get upset who we pic , anyway crystal ball doesn't help me with this one
Yes, #2 seems to be the most obvious pick of the draft.

BTW, this is why I don't bet on sports, lol. Ranger and Sabres both win, but the Pens did get their point to lock in #3 seed. I was wrong on both games...

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Lotta whopla the last two weeks over position and all in all... we lost 1 spot. Not terrible. I watched the game at times last night literally in almost relief. (Sad I know.) Really need some lotto luck now, Hughes/Kakko baby!

Can't wait till Tuesday. Can't wait till the off-season and some dust settles with the Yzerman situation.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
4*, 35, 57, 58, 66, 97, 128, 143, 159, 190
The Islanders pick should be around the sharks pick, 58 if I remember correctly, but they can both move 3 spots up if the Sharks and Islanders don't make the semis, and some team like Nashville and Toronto makes it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Give me Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte, Cozens, or Byram with our first pick.

Give me Pelletier, Tomasino, N Robertson, or Korczak with our 2nd pick.

Dream scenario would be Ryan Suzuki falls similar to Veleno last year, but won’t bet on it.

Guys I’d take a shot on after our first 2 picks: Nikita Alexandrov, Nikola Pasic, Max Cajkovic, Yegor Serdyuk, Jami Krannila, Mike Koster, Zac Jones, Jackson LaCombe

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone see Cody Morgan in Flint? High OHL pick in Kingston, didn't get going there or in Windsor, traded to Flint January 1st and goes PPG the rest of the way. That's the kind of mid round project I would not mind taking a look at.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
So basically the players that go in the Top 10 based on consensus. What is the point of your list? You are basically saying you pick anyone from the scouts Top 10 list
I listed 7 players chief, so the point is that we are guaranteed a top 7 pick even if the lottery is worst case scenario. So I'm saying I won't be mad no matter what because we are guaranteed a chance to get one of those 7 players.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Anyone see Cody Morgan in Flint? High OHL pick in Kingston, didn't get going there or in Windsor, traded to Flint January 1st and goes PPG the rest of the way. That's the kind of mid round project I would not mind taking a look at.

The Wings follow Flint and Saginaw closely, so I am sure they have a read on him.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Since Tyler Wright joined, has any player drafted after Detroit's 1st pick in say top 12 turn out better? Example: People were mad about Wings passing Vilardi/Neca, but Rasmussen is proving to be the better choice looking back. Would everyone here agree Cholo/Hronek > Chychrun?

I have a feeling this draft will be the same. KH announces 1st pick at the podium and Red Wings armchair scouts have a meltdown, and in 5 years we see they made, yet, another right choice.

For the record, I like Byram. But if they pick player "X" I will automatically think they found something wrong with Byram, and found everything right with player "X".

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Since Tyler Wright joined, has any player drafted after Detroit's 1st pick in say top 12 turn out better? Example: People were mad about Wings passing Vilardi/Neca, but Rasmussen is proving to be the better choice looking back. Would everyone here agree Cholo/Hronek > Chychrun?

I have a feeling this draft will be the same. KH announces 1st pick at the podium and Red Wings armchair scouts have a meltdown, and in 5 years we see they made, yet, another right choice.

For the record, I like Byram. But if they pick player "X" I will automatically think they found something wrong with Byram, and found everything right with player "X".

I think we should pump the brakes on Necas < Ras for a minute, but you are right, Wright seems to have a good track record going for him. I have faith in the staff to make a good pick. Not to say it will be the perfect pick, but a good one.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think we should pump the brakes on Necas < Ras for a minute, but you are right, Wright seems to have a good track record going for him. I have faith in the staff to make a good pick. Not to say it will be the perfect pick, but a good one.

If we do a strategy like we did in 2017 again I’ll be pissed. (I don’t think we will)

Reactions: lidstromiscool

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If we do a strategy like we did in 2017 again I’ll be pissed. (I don’t think we will)

I think it would be nearly impossible, don’t you? There’s no “physical specimen” that is hanging around the top 10 this year like Ras was. I think the league has shifted enough that the smaller, high skill guys are getting their time in the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad