2019 Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Of course, but on the off chance that he does somehow get healthy, Vilardi & Dach/Cozens/Hughes is a good problem to have.

This is why I thought the turn around to competitive team could be a quick one. However it looks more like Vilardi will be a lost pipedream and Kopitar, Doughty and Quick will be one year older when this year's prospect can really impact shit.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Does the euro countries do something like this where we get to see prospects against each other there also or is it just the tournaments like WJCs

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
So, if not Hughes than Kakko. If not Kakko than who?

Basically if LA's picking #3, who should they pick? Having not seen many of them play, and just looking at the numbers and scouting report, I'd be looking at Cozens. Hate to draft out of need, but damn does LA need scorers.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA

Basically if LA's picking #3, who should they pick? Having not seen many of them play, and just looking at the numbers and scouting report, I'd be looking at Cozens. Hate to draft out of need, but damn does LA need scorers.

Well the consensus among the scouts that Bob Mckenzie talked to is that #3 is Podkolzin, #4 is Dach and #5 is Cozens.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Well the consensus among the scouts that Bob Mckenzie talked to is that #3 is Podkolzin, #4 is Dach and #5 is Cozens.

Yeah, I do like the idea of LA drafting a potential #1-2 Center, which Dach/Cozens seem to look like. Dach's game is a little too similar to Kopitar, which is why I'm leaning towards Cozens.

I'd like to avoid drafting a Russian with our top 5 pick, just haven't had the best luck in bringing them over.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Yeah, I do like the idea of LA drafting a potential #1-2 Center, which Dach/Cozens seem to look like. Dach's game is a little too similar to Kopitar, which is why I'm leaning towards Cozens.

I'd like to avoid drafting a Russian with our top 5 pick, just haven't had the best luck in bringing them over.
Unfortunately I'd agree no Russians. If were 3rd might as well trade back to 5 and get another asset

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
We might have an easier time signing a Russian pick once Willie D is gone, since Kovalchuk is with the Kings. They might want a chance to play with him.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Unfortunately I'd agree no Russians. If were 3rd might as well trade back to 5 and get another asset
I tend to agree. After the Vilardi pick the Kings need as many almost sure things as they can get in the draft. If the Kings have the 3rd overall, trading back to somewhere between 5th - 8th overall, and getting a good prospect or a 1st round pick in 2020 wouldn't be a bad idea.

The 2020 draft is supposed to be a good one, so having an additional 1st round pick in that draft would be a solid move.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
We might have an easier time signing a Russian pick once Willie D is gone, since Kovalchuk is with the Kings. They might want a chance to play with him.
It's not even that for me it's just the difficulty in signing them and then their success once their here. Zhitnik, Frolov, and Voynov were our best Russians and all ended poorly. Porkins has been a forever never signed same with Big Dergy.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I tend to agree. After the Vilardi pick the Kings need as many almost sure things as they can get in the draft. If the Kings have the 3rd overall, trading back to somewhere between 5th - 8th overall, and getting a good prospect or a 1st round pick in 2020 wouldn't be a bad idea.

The 2020 draft is supposed to be a good one, so having an additional 1st round pick in that draft would be a solid move.
I think 3rd oa for 5-8th oa and a 2020 2nd would be fair.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

My excitement for Dach has wained a bit.

He wouldn't be bad, but I'd be fine with the Kings getting any of:
Dach
Cozens
Podkolzin
Turcotte
Krebs

Krebs actually has more points than Dach or Cozens on a significantly weaker team.

Turcotte's biggest red flag is he got injured. Not sure the Kings want to spend another high pick on a player who missed time due to injury.

Problem with Podkolzin is the Kings just seem to have bad relations with Russians.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think 3rd oa for 5-8th oa and a 2020 2nd would be fair.
I don't think I like just getting a 2nd round pick + the 5th - 8th OA is enough for the 3rd OA.

Here is my reasoning, if a team wants to move up to #3 OA from 5th - 8th OA, it must be for a player they want quite badly. Perhaps the key would be is there another team sitting there drafting 5th - 8th OA that wants the same player as another team drafting in the same range of picks.

Reactions: kenito7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad