Confirmed with Link: 2019 Development Camp (June 26 - 29)

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
This makes me think of when Derek Roy stormed into Sabres camp assuming he had a role with the team all locked up. And then Lindy sent his ass to Rochester for 8 games.

No it doesn't. They didn't have Fortnite then.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
It might not mean much. But did anyone look at Botts during Kruegers speech? He looks like a schoolgirl watching her crush speak at a pep rally or some ****. Definitely looks like he's happy to have the right guy in place.
He might have been thinking about Ralph's predecessor, something we should all consider as the inevitable disappointments for a young, developing team accumulate during the upcoming season.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I'm just wondering why @Chainshot Jr isn't telling us his own thoughts! I promise he won't be .giffed until 18. We won't embarrass you, pops.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
It’s not a big deal if Nylander did turn down a development camp invite. It’s not like he Needs to be there.

But, IMO he missed a good opportunity to get to know Krueger a bit early and make a positive impression. It could have helped him when it comes time to try and earn his spot at training camp.

If he would have come in and been a leader for the new guys + good teammate I think it could have gone a long ways with Krueger. He seems to love that kind of stuff.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm just wondering why @Chainshot Jr isn't telling us his own thoughts! I promise he won't be .giffed until 18. We won't embarrass you, pops.

He's at the beach now (Beaver Island).

And I have told him I won't out who he is, account-wise. He can tread on his own thoughts, doesn't need me to either prop him up or set him up for those who I regularly don't agree with. :D

Greeley interview starts around the 3:00 minute mark here - 06-27 HR 1 - The Instigators

Edit - Listening to it now, will comment after I finish it. Rivet asks him first about Thompson at 8:00 minutes. Greeley says this was an opportunity to show off to management, get a leg up on competition for spots. He never says anything about Nylander.

Last edited:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
That’s what I had read.

I don’t know if Peters was talking out of his ass or what. Jut figured I’d pass it on.

Edit - it looks like Thompson has 106 career NHL games, so maybe Petey was speaking the truth?

Tage Thompson Stats and News

Peters made it sound like they gave both players the option and Tage chose to come where as Nylander didn’t.

I added more to my above post. I guess I edited it while you were quoting me. Looking at thompson’s NHL games played, it looks like maybe there was some truth to what Peters said (if 70 NHL games is the cut off)

Where's Mittelestadt?

To clarify a bit on eligibility and such, for players under contract to be eligible to attend, they must:
1) be on their ELC
2) have played fewer than 120 NHL games
3) have played no more than 70 NHL games the preceding regular season.

So players like Dahlin and Mittelstadt aren't eligible to attend development camp. Thompson comes up short of the games played cut offs so he can attend.
Furthermore a player cannot be required to attend more than three development (or conditioning, the term used in the CBA) camps for any one team.

Mittelstadt cannot attend, Nylander could attend, but did not have to.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Everything I've read tends to indicate that his motivational skills come in the form of his personal interactions with his players - i.e., developing relationships where the guys understand him, what he wants from them, and how to do it - and, ultimately, that what he's preaching will ultimately produce results.
Same here. RK is also said to be quite sharp in regards to X's & O's and isn't afraid to include analytic input from colleagues. Hey, it's the start of our relationship here. I want the man to succeed. Scatter the ashes of Nolan, Rolston, Disco, and PH. As it did then, he still seems like a good get.

That said, what you have described - personal interaction/relationship building/trust and commitment; these are my expectations of any professional coach. Defensive and offensive acumen - building a breakout system that plays to individuals strengths - and improved special teams: I also want these things. We'll see how this plays out as the season progresses. So far I find Krueger to be intelligent and likable. I cannot comfortably say that about his predecessors.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
To clarify a bit on eligibility and such, for players under contract to be eligible to attend, they must:
1) be on their ELC

So players like Dahlin and Mittelstadt aren't eligible to attend development camp. Thompson comes up short of the games played cut offs so he can attend.
Furthermore a player cannot be required to attend more than three development (or conditioning, the term used in the CBA) camps for any one team.

I don’t recall which ones he attended but there would have been on in 16: 17: and 18.that would be 3. Nylander wasn’t required to go.

What about those prospect scrimmage games in late August/early sept.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
1) be on their ELC

Would Olofsson also be optional then because he's been coming to these camps for the last 20 years or so?

Reactions: thomas vanek

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would Olofsson also be optional then because he's been coming to these camps for the last 20 years or so?

It’s three years of North American professional hockey, on one’s first contract, with under 70 NHL games in the previous season, or under 110 NHL games total. Those are the eligibility rules.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

It’s three years of North American professional hockey, on one’s first contract, with under 70 NHL games in the previous season, or under 110 NHL games total. Those are the eligibility rules.
The eligibility rules and whether or not a player is required to attend are two separate matters. Olofsson, having attended more than 3 development camps previously, was not required to attend this year.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Some of Cozens strengths (shielding the puck, etc) are really noticeable in these drills. I mean, they should be for a top 10pick, but still, it's good to see.

Also, he is definitely a more athletic Paul from the Wonder Years and with some contacts.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad