Confirmed with Link: 2019 Development Camp (June 26 - 29)

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Possibly.

One of the things I have always liked about Baker is that he talks up a player's strengths rather than going into what he doesn't like about a player. Someone saying that about a kid just feeds the machine -- I'm already seeing exaggerations of Samuelsson's skating and I have a serious doubt some of those Twit-wits could have picked Samuelsson out of a U20 lineup with both hands and a map.
I was big on Samuelsson both before and after the draft. During the WJC I pretty much just isolated on him whenever possible. I was SO disappointed. His feet were slow, for sure, but he also had the Risto special, in that he had really slow decision making that makes every single pass feel really rushed, and this off the mark. I would love to be wrong about him, but I don’t expect him to be an NHL player at this point.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

For insight into Mattias Samuelsson's leadership skills, look no further than the two Western Michigan forwards practicing with the Sabres as invites to development camp.

Dawson DiPietro and Josh Passolt were part of a vote that resulted in Samuelsson being selected to serve as a captain for the Broncos next season, rarified territory for a sophomore.

Also was captain of the NTDP. Pretty impressive.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was big on Samuelsson both before and after the draft. During the WJC I pretty much just isolated on him whenever possible. I was SO disappointed. His feet were slow, for sure, but he also had the Risto special, in that he had really slow decision making that makes every single pass feel really rushed, and this off the mark. I would love to be wrong about him, but I don’t expect him to be an NHL player at this point.

I have a couple of those games queued up to iso on myself. Every time I start USA Finland I relax and fall asleep. :biglaugh:

Deleted member 27798

Not counting Smith or Krueger who were up in the box again, anyone know who all the coaches on the ice were...other than Taylor?

Had to be 6 or 7 guys total.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Question, does anyone remember from last year if the stream was left up to watch later? I'll be out in the morning and would like to watch later in the day.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006

I posted the same thing from camp, it was definitely noticeable. I only caught the second session but I definitely came away with a better impression of him than I had going in (ofc realizing that one practice doesn't really mean a whole lot).

Some other standouts for me were Borgen being Borgen and Bryson looking shifty a few times.

Tage did some potentially nice Tage like things (also I'm pretty sure it was either his blood relatives or members of the magic giraffe fan club sitting behind me) but most of them seemed more like practice plays than game viable stuff as they had an extra second or more space involved than NHL level action.

Also it was nice to see Tayls running the show.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Anyone have a roster?
cut.jpg

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Interviews with Botterill and Krueger from development camp today -

Great interview with Krueger. I’ve really enjoyed most of his interviews so far.

He just has the ability to inspire confidence (for me anyway).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Why? This is not a competition camp. They’ve done that in the past and had players get hurt and set their summer training back which hurt their seasons.

What were you saying about injuries?

I don't enjoy 3 on 3 hockey, thats why I hate it. 3 on 3 is boring to me. Too video game like.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I dont really think 5v5 results in more injuries.

The 3v3 is more exciting I guess, I'd just like to see how the guys play in a real game environment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad