Confirmed with Link: 2019 Development Camp (June 26 - 29)

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Andrew Peters just said that Alex Nylander had the option to come to development camp (and apparently chose not to come)

and he made it sound like maybe Tage Thompson has the option too and “happily showed up”

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Andrew Peters just said that Alex Nylander had the option to come to development camp (and apparently chose not to come)

and he made it sound like maybe Tage Thompson has the option too and “happily showed up”

Aren't they adhering to 3-year pros in NA (or 70 games NHL) being exempt?

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I didn't know that RJ would be there again this year. As far as I know, there has been no announcement that he is even coming back next season. So that is the best news of all.
True true, good new information!

It would be nice if they would announce it directly.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did he get a look at BOTTS' phone to see who has called and what deals he is finalizing?:naughty::help:

Ha. Tangent: his is a child who once shamed an entire row of Canadian fans at the 2011 U20's into stunned silence when he was asked why he was rooting for them that day, rather than (as they were) rooting against the regional rival. His response was simply "because Canada is our friend". They didn't say a peep about the US team for the rest of the games we were there.

He seems to be gravitating to the goalie drills. So far he still likes Hanson and no, the helmet airbrushing is not the reason (though he thought it was cool).

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Aren't they adhering to 3-year pros in NA (or 70 games NHL) being exempt?
That’s what I had read.

I don’t know if Peters was talking out of his ass or what. Jut figured I’d pass it on.

Edit - it looks like Thompson has 106 career NHL games, so maybe Petey was speaking the truth?

Tage Thompson Stats and News

Peters made it sound like they gave both players the option and Tage chose to come where as Nylander didn’t.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That’s what I had read.

I don’t know if Peters was talking out of his ass or what. Jut figured I’d pass it on.

I find most of the time, one of the regulars on that show is talking out of his ass. I go from agreeing with a take to wondering if we watch the same game with either host all the time. :biglaugh:

At least this morning there is the sound of pucks striking the boards in the background of their chatter. I can't believe I listened to a Roenick interview hoping to hear something about what was going on or having someone from the team in.

And now it's PHam. Heh.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I find most of the time, one of the regulars on that show is talking out of his ass. I go from agreeing with a take to wondering if we watch the same game with either host all the time. :biglaugh:

At least this morning there is the sound of pucks striking the boards in the background of their chatter. I can't believe I listened to a Roenick interview hoping to hear something about what was going on or having someone from the team in.

And now it's PHam. Heh.

I added more to my above post. I guess I edited it while you were quoting me. Looking at thompson’s NHL games played, it looks like maybe there was some truth to what Peters said (if 70 NHL games is the cut off)

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I added more to my above post. I guess I edited it while you were quoting me. Looking at thompson’s NHL games played, it looks like maybe there was some truth to what Peters said (if 70 NHL games is the cut off)

No worries. Not being here, if it was an option, is a possible bad look. With the enmeshment between the team and the station, one would think the team would want the show to have the team-based spin on it. But I don't know, since they riff on things all the time.

Early return on session one this morning : Murray fell a bit in skating drills, did not leave him with a good impression.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

And now it's PHam. Heh.

"I don't know how, but you used the wrong formula and got the correct answer"

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wasn't storming twitter for updates this morning (CHL Import draft and real life instead!). My son said mostly skating drills, waiting to hear who he was impressed with.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My cub reporter telling me Thompson and Laaksonen impressed him the most in the morning session. He's also asked me to "teach him how to see these things in players that you see". Like, it's Gladwell thin-slicing after years of watching games. How... man. Just... :biglaugh: Talk about trying to quantify something mercurial.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
It might not mean much. But did anyone look at Botts during Kruegers speech? He looks like a schoolgirl watching her crush speak at a pep rally or some shit. Definitely looks like he's happy to have the right guy in place.

Reactions: SabresSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad