Confirmed with Link: 2019 Development Camp (June 26 - 29)

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Also was captain of the NTDP. Pretty impressive.
Mentioned this when we took him: one of my current players came up with him and Briere etc at Comcast, and he said above all else - above the physicality and above the steady presence - he’s a natural leader. Guys gravitate to him and he’s all business.

I’m sure that changes a tad when you get to a campus and you’re Mr. BigChest, but still...that Samuelsson was programmed as such at such a young age speaks to that aspect of him as a person, and it’s enticing to project.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What were you saying about injuries?

I don't enjoy 3 on 3 hockey, thats why I hate it. 3 on 3 is boring to me. Too video game like.

When they play 5-on-5 it tends to be a bit more crowded and features more contact. They've gotten away from that in an attempt to simply showcase puck movement and support.

I dont really think 5v5 results in more injuries.

The 3v3 is more exciting I guess, I'd just like to see how the guys play in a real game environment.

That's why the prospect tournament is so much fun - they're had a summer to train, everyone's been on the ice for a time prior, and likely everyone is healed from the previous season's booboos. This is supposed to be orientation and feedback, less about real game situations (not a competition camp as Greeley put it).

Some people don't like 3 on 3, some people want ads on jerseys. There's always exceptions to everything.

I like the entertainment value of the games. A bit of a lark in the middle of the summer.

Mentioned this when we took him: one of my current players came up with him and Briere etc at Comcast, and he said above all else - above the physicality and above the steady presence - he’s a natural leader. Guys gravitate to him and he’s all business.

I’m sure that changes a tad when you get to a campus and you’re Mr. BigChest, but still...that Samuelsson was programmed as such at such a young age speaks to that aspect of him as a person, and it’s enticing to project.

Rare that a sophomore has been named captain of WMU and he was. I would not be surprised if he's wearing letters at the U20's too.

Reactions: Dingo44 and jBuds

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
When they play 5-on-5 it tends to be a bit more crowded and features more contact. They've gotten away from that in an attempt to simply showcase puck movement and support.

That's why the prospect tournament is so much fun - they're had a summer to train, everyone's been on the ice for a time prior, and likely everyone is healed from the previous season's booboos. This is supposed to be orientation and feedback, less about real game situations (not a competition camp as Greeley put it).

I like the entertainment value of the games. A bit of a lark in the middle of the summer.

Rare that a sophomore has been named captain of WMU and he was. I would not be surprised if he's wearing letters at the U20's too.

JB appears to be a good drafter..

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think the Pegulas found out no matter how much you envision the correct way It's not that easy to find the right people to do it.

They may want to figure out who runs their hockey ops since they seem to have had a problem with all of the Penguin-based advisors they've run through. As for Finland, run a double blind hiring test on potential scouts. Let Teemu grade them. Hire them regardless of who or what they are.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The one invite that was quite interesting seems to be Dawson DiPietro. I'd be okay seeing him in the ECHL or Rochester on an ELC, possibly.

He's a senior with WMU. I would figure he will be on their radar when the Broncos season ends, but it will be up to him to produce enough to warrant a season-ending ATO.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
thoughts on how Davidsson has looked?

Very good in the 3v3. Scored a couple, made several good plays offensively and defensively. Had a nice shootout goal.

My personal favorite was 1 rush (I can't remember if he scored on it), where he got the puck in the neutral zone, right next to Casey Fitzgerald, and then burned Fitzgerald in less than 2 seconds to create a breakaway.

I came away very happy with what I saw from Marcus.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Very good in the 3v3. Scored a couple, made several good plays offensively and defensively. Had a nice shootout goal.

My personal favorite was 1 rush (I can't remember if he scored on it), where he got the puck in the neutral zone, right next to Casey Fitzgerald, and then burned Fitzgerald in less than 2 seconds to create a breakaway.

I came away very happy with what I saw from Marcus.
thanks, good to hear, i appreciate the feedback.

have him in a keeper league so im obviously a fan lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->