Euro: 2019 Champions League Final

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I was thinking the same about Kane earlier (not starting), but the more I think about the more I realize that everyone will be a bit rusty in terms of peak match fitness. So I'm not sure if Kane necessarily will be less able to play 120 mins than any other player.

Also having Son and/or Lucas coming off the bench makes sense in terms of pace. Pace against tired legs is always a good idea. Kane wouldn't bring any pace coming on after 60-70 mins.

Liverpool have under Klopp gone all out attacking against Spurs basically every single time. And it has worked. I think it would be a mistake if Liverpool didn't do that this time as well. Spurs under Pochettino really aren't very good at dealing with the high press. And Lloris will almost always make poor decisions in those situations.

Reactions: DashingDane

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This long layoff is torture. Actually watched the Copa del Rey final yesterday to help fill the void.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Meh, no one but Guardiola counts the Community Shield.

Mourinho considered the community shield as part of his "treble" with United 2 years ago. And City won the league, league cup, and FA cup (domestic treble), so we're not talking about the community shield like that joke, Jose.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Harry Winks got cut from the England squad today. Considering that Delph still has a spot, a healthy Winks would be an obvious shoe-in. Makes me wonder if he's actually ready to start for the final and how rusty he will be. Don't think playing Wanyama or Dier is ideal.

Here's to hoping that he proves Gareth wrong and runs the midfield like the many times he has done.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Keita officially ruled out for final. Klopp also said he’s very confident Firmino will be at 100% fitness.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Keita officially ruled out for final. Klopp also said he’s very confident Firmino will be at 100% fitness.
I could be wrong, but I think Firmino being fit is more important to Liverpool than any of the players Tottenham getting back helps them out. Keita always would have been a bonus, dont think he would have started.

Reactions: YNWA14

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Healthy and in form, I think he would have had a good chance to start. He was really playing well prior to getting hurt in that Barca first leg. He offers something different from what they've got in midfield.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Healthy and in form, I think he would have had a good chance to start. He was really playing well prior to getting hurt in that Barca first leg. He offers something different from what they've got in midfield.
Sure but they weren't going to bring him in cold from an injury to start.

I think we will get Wijnaldum, Fabinho & Henderson to start, and Milner will be the first guy off the bench; but I also wouldn't be shocked if Klopp plays 'the midfield that no one likes' eithe . Henderson is the only one I would bet money on starting.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sure but they weren't going to bring him in cold from an injury to start.

I think we will get Wijnaldum, Fabinho & Henderson to start, and Milner will be the first guy off the bench; but I also wouldn't be shocked if Klopp plays 'the midfield that no one likes' eithe . Henderson is the only one I would bet money on starting.
Maybe he'll try and make Gini angry again by starting him on the bench, though he should be the first midfielder on the teamsheet.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe he'll try and make Gini angry again by starting him on the bench, though he should be the first midfielder on the teamsheet.
I think players only get one of those F. U. Games in them honestly. I do think it's one spot for Fabinho or Milner though. Which seems crazy to say. Fabinho is an unstoppable for me, but Klopp sat him in certain games against press heavy PL teams. Could go either way

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
From the practice videos I've seen today, Harry and Harry didn't look too rusty.
I mean the long layoff benefits Tottenham much more than Liverpool, but it will be interesting to see how Spurs re-acclimate those players.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It benefits us greatly I think. Our players were fully into the red come the end of the season. They gave absolutely everything they could and had nothing left.

Yes, of course Spurs gets Kane and Winks back.

Liverpool gets Firmino back as well as everything they gave at the end, and the style of play is super physical so they need that.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Champions League final tickets: Prices double for Tottenham vs Liverpool

Anyone fancy splashing out 9,286 pounds for a ticket?

"Buying off a second hand ticket website will now cost you £9,286 for the cheapest seat."
Funny I tried getting tickets through the lottery allocation on the UEFA website in February (before the quarter final). I registered for the tickets (most expensive tickets) at 1000$ face value each my girlfriend thought I was dumb since I did not know then that Liverpool would make it to the final but I was thinking I could probably resell at a profit if not. I did not get the tickets but it would have been amazing to see Liverpool at the CL final.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It benefits us greatly I think. Our players were fully into the red come the end of the season. They gave absolutely everything they could and had nothing left.

Yes, of course Spurs gets Kane and Winks back.

Liverpool gets Firmino back as well as everything they gave at the end, and the style of play is super physical so they need that.
I disagree. LFC ended the season in much better form than TH. This layoff basically provides a reset

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't want to argue about it, but I do not think these layoffs serve as a reset to anything other than players energy reserves and history rather shows that. With a long layoff and every player refreshed to maximum energy, the weaknesses in all players become more clear.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Over 62,000 season ticket-holders and members will watch the 8pm kick-off against Liverpool on the biggest LED screens in Europe.

The ground, which opened in April, has two 325 square-metre screens in the South Stand and two 190.7 square-metre screens in the North Stand, both supported by a state-of-the-art sound system. The combined surface area of the four screens is bigger than that of the screens at the homes of this season's 19 other Premier League clubs combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad