Euro: 2019 Champions League Final

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Understandable considering Wenger achieved much more given the same circumstances that Poch is in.

Plus Wenger is a gooner for life. No Arsenal supporter wanted Tottenham to win.
I did find myself hoping Tottenham would score just to make it a little more interesting.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ok,

I just re-watched the game (Yes I did that to myself).

My first impression. (Even as a Pool fan). They did not deserve to win that game. I watched all Liverpool games and this one is quite possibly their worst game of the year. Football is funny sometime because as shitty as Liverpool played they did barely enough to win it.

I do think it was a Penalty and VAR, Referee seem to think too... It sucks for Tottenham as it was obviously the game changer but it is what it is... Liverpool was more lucky.

As for Tottenham, they did their homework I could see that with how they set themselves up but they obviously reacted way too late to push more forward.

As a Liverpool fan I am obviously happy about the result but I expect better for the next time they play. They got away with this one thank god but if they want to win other cups, they will have to improve significantly.

As for Tottenham, they are not as far as people might believe. I really think that if they indeed get Ndombele, retain Erikssen and improve on Trippier they will be a force. I really liked the combination of Kane, Son and Ali although they did not score against Liverpool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilo

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Still doesn't feel real.

Dream land.

It's also funny how neutrals seem to think it was boring. A hilarious parallel to the Devils in my world. :)

Yes, there were stretches of the match where I was upset and nervous, but I don't care until approximately mid-August. We were saved by Alisson and a stunning defensive performance. It was apropos of Liverpool to win a Final the hard way, as it was. Hats off to Tottenham, well played.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ahead of the Nations league finals, Dutch teammates welcome back their European club champions duo back into the fold.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ummm... I know this family, father and son are Madridistas (albeit somewhat casual and fairweather), and their youngest is named Messi.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lol!

E886AE2D-0ABB-4027-8B45-C7BDDD942C72.jpeg

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
Pointing out runs to your teammates/directing your teammates happens all the time.
Eh, that's not really what you mean when you say "natural position" of ones arms. Pointing to your teammates is not an excuse if the ball hits the arm.

That doesn't make his position "wrong" but it was certainly stupid given the situation, and basically his fault for the penalty.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Messi’s free kick vs Liverpool voted goal of the tournament.

That's a rubbish decision! He moved the ball 5 meters in and 3 meters center to a perfect spot. :/ Messi had other good goals from which to choose.
Ajax had couple goals in Madrid, that were as impressive too.

I think everyone is getting a bit fedup with the messiano ronaldo thing of lazy voters.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
He's not saying that Milner is the better player, he's saying a guy like Messi is counting too much on his team carrying him when it comes to defensive work..but of course Cristiano Ronaldo did win all those CL titles while doing the same, so ehh..

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He's not saying that Milner is the better player, he's saying a guy like Messi is counting too much on his team carrying him when it comes to defensive work..but of course Cristiano Ronaldo did win all those CL titles while doing the same, so ehh..

Yea it doesn't make much sense. Prior to this year you had Ronaldo x3, Messi, then Ronaldo again.

Barca also have a pretty darn good record domestically so it's not like they're stuck not winning anything.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You don’t drive a Ferrari like a fiat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad