Euro: 2019 Champions League Final

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, 7,000 pounds? That's a big gap, but the bottom end of those numbers aren't going to Madrid. The top end of both clubs have numerous fans who are willing to shell out massive cash for the match. Once again, Liverpool have way more supporters, and many more international supporters who will stump the money.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Kane could have one leg and he would find a way onto that pitch. Against Liverpool and Salah? Yeah, there's no chance he won't play at least some of it.

I understand it might be a bad thing to rush him back, but at some point, this might be his one shot to see a CL final match. If he's your talisman, you let him do what he's able to do and live with the consequences down the road.

There's really only a few things in football that are the equivalent of playing in one of these.

It's partially why Salah and the club were so rocked in seeing him go off early in the finals last year. Your whole football career you wait for that match, and to not play in most of it, or miss it entirely, it could shatter top end players.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't have any concerns over Kane's ankle for the final. The question is if he will run out of gas after 60-70 mins. What if you are going into overtime? So for me it is not a given that he should start. 99.9% he will play a role though.

Pleasantly surprised with Winks. Had no idea he might make it. That would be a huge boost. Winks and Sissoko have managed quite well against Pool before.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I hope they do rush back Winks and Harry, to be honest. Spurs play better without Kane, IMO.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Of course I can see why a Liverpool-fan would think that before a final. I can't even begin to say how wrong that is. But then again Kane scored 20+ goals for 3 straight seasons before people started to understand that he was quite decent.

I think there is a thread on Redcafe (Utd-board) with a poll who is better (or maybe will be better) Rashford or Mbappe. To say Spurs are playing better without Kane is close to that level................. but we are all entitled to our opinions so....

Reactions: mmvvpp

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I hope they do rush back Winks and Harry, to be honest. Spurs play better without Kane, IMO.

I'd point you to a five match stretch between the second City CL match and this week's Ajax match where they they only beat Brighton in the last minute 1-0 and lost four other match 1-0 that would argue otherwise.

Reactions: mmvvpp

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, a Harry Kane on one leg might mean less options for Son or Lucas. He might not be sharp.

As an opponent, I would rather see a player out of form play, over a player that's fit and in form.

I understand how good Kane can be, but I think Liverpool are used to playing him in some ways.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don’t see it as either or. Bringing on Lucas or Son for the last 30 would be perfect. They are at their best when they can run against tired defenders. Not to mention Kane is a proper leader.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So who else had Origi and Wjinaldum along with Lucas and Llorente as being the reasons we have a Liverpool-Spurs final?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Containing Son and Lucas's speed is proving to be a tough task, I would save Kane if I was Spurs and have Liverpool have to seal with the pace of the other two instead of a partly injure Kane.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So who else had Origi and Wjinaldum along with Lucas and Llorente as being the reasons we have a Liverpool-Spurs final?
Wijnaldum has been consistently Liverpool's best 'big game player' since he joined, so not overly surprising. I guess given Origi's impact to this point in the season with his late winners and such in limited action doesn't make it look THAT crazy, but ultimately the win overall was pretty unexpected.

I've also been pretty big on Lucas for a while; said as much when Spurs signed him. I had a bad feeling about the game with the way the 1st ended and Ajax's inability to capitalize on their opportunities. Llorente bossing them though kind of came out of nowhere.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If Liverpool wins, are they #1 in the world?
Absolutely. They beat top 2 caliber clubs of Portugal, Spain and Germany en route to the final. Nevermind that comeback for the ages against one of the greatest players to walk into the pitch in a 0-3 aggregate. And now they just had a 97 point season that wins the league in just about every year in the history of ever. The fact Pep and the boys needed 99 points to better them shows what kind of All World club LFC is right now.

If they win it then they truly are the Kings of Europe..... For now. They'll have nothing left to prove

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would still consider Manchester City and Barcelona as #1 and 2 until Liverpool show that they can consistently perform to the standards of this season. If they do win the CL though I would prefer Liverpool's season this year to City's.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Best red team in England.

There have been some "dynasties" like Barcelona - which was clearly the best team in the world - but generally speaking no team is clearly no. 1.

Liverpool got a fantastic starting lineup. As good as any other team in my opinion, but at the same time not necessarily better than a handful of other teams can field.

No disrespect to the likes of Origi and Shaqiri, but they haven´t got the depth from the bench that for example City got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad