Euro: 2019 Champions League Final

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Fair enough about depth and lineup but given what LFC has done since this time last year I'd say the CL title is nothing short of what they deserve especially when you consider they lost lost one EPL game all season long.

You can make a case for others but in a few weeks it may not matter

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't want to derail the thread, but what's all this nonsense about the best team in the World? Of course Liverpool have a say in being the best team in the World. I don't see a conclusive favorite, but I'd say it's between City, Liverpool and Barça and of those three I'd say City are third.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Based on accomplishments I’d argue City being top. Although it’s very close either way. Regarding Barca it’s going to be hard to differentiate this team from its peak.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't want to derail the thread, but what's all this nonsense about the best team in the World? Of course Liverpool have a say in being the best team in the World. I don't see a conclusive favorite, but I'd say it's between City, Liverpool and Barça and of those three I'd say City are third.
City is the best of the 3 I think. Pretty clearly actually.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
In terms of “best” this season based on performance (not based on analyzing underlying talent) I’d rank the seasons as City, Barca, then Liverpool.

In terms of what I’d most want to experience as a fan, it’s Liverpool’s season without a doubt. They weren’t “supposed” to get high 90s points and I wouldn’t say they were a favorite to make it to a CL final again either. Add to that the way they did it, and that’s gotta be the best ride.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
In terms of “best” this season based on performance (not based on analyzing underlying talent) I’d rank the seasons as City, Barca, then Liverpool.

In terms of what I’d most want to experience as a fan, it’s Liverpool’s season without a doubt. They weren’t “supposed” to get high 90s points and I wouldn’t say they were a favorite to make it to a CL final again either. Add to that the way they did it, and that’s gotta be the best ride.
Can confirm it's been a f***ing ride.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

we need the cup though..

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Even on performance I'd say it's hard to rank City above Liverpool based on one point given what they've done in the CL.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Even on performance I'd say it's hard to rank City above Liverpool based on one point given what they've done in the CL.

And given the fact Liverpool must now deal with that same Spurs club that did City in, it's all the more vindication of their success should they win the Cup. Their roster doesn't say it. Their 2nd place finish doesn't say it. Hell, their direct loss to City doesn't even say it. But yet on any given match they're nearly impossible to beat and it's a reflection of how well Klopp has them playing and an even greater reflection of how much this group believes in itself right now. It's probably more fair to say Klopp is the best manager in the world right now and he has LFC playing like it.

I will say this though, City is gonna have a damn hard time living up to the title of best in the world if they cannot even better Watford in the FA Cup in a few days

Mar 1, 2002
We can argue best team, but we can't argue best resumes yet. Could be clearly City, could be Liverpool. But...Spurs could also end up with a better resume than Liverpool as well.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

City has 3 domestic trophies. Barca has 2. Liverpool has 0.

Yes 2 of City's and 1 of Barca's were in knockout comps and Liverpool can get a trophy in a much harder knockout comp, but City and Barca also won their leagues. Sure City's win was by the narrowest of margins, but they still won. The two cup wins helps solidify that.

I'd certainly see the argument if City has also gone out early in the league and FA cup though.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One is talking about which team is the best and one is talking about which had the best season. It's not that hard to follow.

Well if you're not reading every post and you don't quote someone it is, but fair enough. That said you're 100% wrong at the moment with a 50% chance of being right pending the CL Final.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The wait for this game is absolutely unbearable. I realize that it means the only big player we'll be missing is Keita, but FFS man. I CAN'T TAKE IT.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am more nervous than last year. At least last year the pressure was low... now it is high as being the favorite and without any trophy won this year.

Reactions: Chimaera

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Slightly absurd to me that the big leagues can't co-ordinate when to begin and finish their leagues. The PL could easily have distributed the games over at least one more week you would think.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I would think bringing Kane on at 65-70 is probably a better plan, since you probably want him if they go to penalties. If he starts, can't make it past that mark, it's a bit of a loss. The boost of him coming out and running around at 65 might be helpful.

I don't think this match is going to be wide open, and I don't think Liverpool are going to setup to blow Spurs away. I think they're going to play like they have, which is under control with a cutting edge. Poch is going to setup to try and exploit the fullbacks, and I think that's his big advantage if he can find one.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I am more nervous than last year. At least last year the pressure was low... now it is high as being the favorite and without any trophy won this year.

Certainly, it's a bit harder. The pressure is on Liverpool, and if they don't win a trophy, the clowns who are already out about how Klopp can't win, or Liverpool is the best side to not win things will only keep going. If Spurs win, it's a magical end. There's no pressure. If Liverpool don't win, it's a failure.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also Trent Alexander-Arnold is about to become the first player ever to start in 2 CL finals before the age of 21.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->